+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Kao

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3764208;
    I remember reports, not long after the HIV report, that Magic was misdiagnosed and not really HIV positive. That report was hushed big time so that he could continue to fight for a good cause.
    I am not saying that I believe those reports, I'm just saying what I had heard then.
    Twenty plus years later, Magic has lived a healthy life. Was able to continue his Pro BB career. Never passed the disease on to his wife and went on to father two healthy (non hiv positive) children.
    That was a lie, PugMom; he really IS HIV+. He is merely the result of having a bottomless wallet in terms of having access to the best drugs, experimental treatments not available in this country, etc. And even people who don't have Magic's resources live longer with the right care; I know people who have been living with HIV for 10-15+ years, so hes hardly alone.

There's people who go from having HIV+ to having full-blown AIDS in a short amount of time. Then there's people who have HIV who never have it develop into AIDS. Some of those people are being studied so doctors can figure out exactly what it is about them that makes their immune systems fight for longer periods of time, and hopefully they can use this information to help more people in the future. Babies can be born free of HIV provided that proper precautions are taken during birth and are not breast-fed if the mother is HIV+ (not sure what happens if the Dad is HIV+ but personally it's not something I would personally do).

Another difference is that in the late 70s/early 80s people were being diagnosed with full-blown AIDS; by 1990 more people were being diagnosed with HIV and were able to start fighting it before it developed into AIDS, and I believe that makes a difference.

The other story I've heard floating around is that there is an experimental AIDS vaccine available in some shadowy country and that Magic took advantage of it and was cured...but it will never be patented and released here because, as Chris Rock would say: "The money is in the medicine, not the cure." So who knows?

The news with Magic came out in '92.
    Yes, his HIV never went to full blown AIDS. He is very fortunate.
    I do have to say, though, that many more people are able to fight AIDS than were many years ago. Even those who have full blown AIDS; not just the ones with HIV.
    We have a friend who was diagnosed in the mid 80's and he's still alive.
    We have another friend who was diagnosed at roughly the same time, but passed on many years ago.
    Again, it was never stated and / or proven that Magic got HIV through "many women." Contrary to what some may want to think, the virus is not that easily transmitted.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3764166;
    That's just what my husband said last night while watching all the women crawling out of the woodwork.... "when did he find the time?!"
    Well, how long does it take to have *ahem* "transgressions"? With someone this well known, I doubt a full scale affair need be involved. I'm not saying Tiger did or didn't have relations with those women, I'm just saying-- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, anyone?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3764418;
    The news with Magic came out in '92.
    Yes, his HIV never went to full blown AIDS. He is very fortunate.
    I do have to say, though, that many more people are able to fight AIDS than were many years ago. Even those who have full blown AIDS; not just the ones with HIV.
    We have a friend who was diagnosed in the mid 80's and he's still alive.
    We have another friend who was diagnosed at roughly the same time, but passed on many years ago.
    Again, it was never stated and / or proven that Magic got HIV through "many women." Contrary to what some may want to think, the virus is not that easily transmitted.

It was Magic who stated that the reason was "many women", I heard it from his mouth.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3764426;
    Well, how long does it take to have *ahem* "transgressions"? With someone this well known, I doubt a full scale affair need be involved. I'm not saying Tiger did or didn't have relations with those women, I'm just saying-- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, anyone?
    Do you mean Wilt Chamberlain and his 1000 women? or 20,000;thanks UNK
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

With the quality of the women coming forward..I'm surprised we haven't seen the sex tape yet. Not that I'd be even remotely interested in watching. eep.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3764454;
    With the quality of the women coming forward..I'm surprised we haven't seen the sex tape yet. Not that I'd be even remotely interested in watching. eep.
    Hey Broadway!

No sex tape yet, but Playgirl is trying to authenticate X-rated pics allegedly of Tiger at this very moment.

This is all so very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3764460;
    Hey Broadway!

No sex tape yet, but Playgirl is trying to authenticate X-rated pics allegedly of Tiger at this very moment.

This is all so very sad.
    Yes it is. I'll be glad when Tiger has a few wins under his belt next year and people get back to taking about whether or not he's going to break Jack Nicklaus' record for major championships or Sam Snead's all time tournament wins.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3764447;
    It was Magic who stated that the reason was "many women", I heard it from his mouth.
    Yep. Because of the ignorance that [is still] surrounds HIV and AIDS, I think he wanted to make it clear that contracted it from a woman.

+ Reply to Thread