+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

There's also an article on msnbc that says that Tiger was treated in ICU immediately after his traffic accident and released to his home, which is highly unusual.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764048;
    If there were NO discussion about Domestic Violence--then why was the skit about Domestic Violence?

I am not judging any "Evidence" about Domestic Violence in this case. It is the skit that I am objecting to--Domestic Violence is not "funny" to most people.

Skits trying to make it "funny" are indeed not humorous to anyone who has had any contact with Domestic Violence--either those who are victims or have come in contact with victims.

Suggesting that people "lighten up" about an issue and occurance as serious as Domestic Violence makes no sense.

It is quite simply not "funny."
    If this is how you felt, then why did you ask for others opinions? I gave you mine then you rip me up for it.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764048;
    If there were NO discussion about Domestic Violence--then why was the skit about Domestic Violence?
    Because it's SNL...and that's what they do. Been doing it for years and no one is exempt from the parodies.

Could the skit be considered poor taste considering Rhianna was on that night? Sure, but again...it's SNL. I'm sure she knew what she was getting herself into when she agreed to do the show. As for Tiger, I'm sure he has bigger worries than this.

ETA: For the record, I did find the skit amusing...like pretty much everything else on SNL. And no, that does not mean I advocate domestic violence. I'd like to think it means I have a sense of humor.
    Last edited by lildago; 12-08-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3764135;
    Because it's SNL...and that's what they do. Been doing it for years and no one is exempt from the parodies.

Could the skit be considered poor taste considering Rhianna was on that night? Sure, but again...it's SNL. I'm sure she knew what she was getting herself into when she agreed to do the show. As for Tiger, I'm sure he has bigger worries than this.

ETA: For the record, I did find the skit amusing...like pretty much everything else on SNL. And no, that does not mean I advocate domestic violence. I'd like to think it means I have a sense of humor.
    I found the skit pretty damn funny myself. Politically incorrect? Possibly. Funny as heck? Yup.

So now the media feels the need to let the world know every time an ambulance comes to someones home?

I highly doubt the stories of most of the women coming out of the woodwork. When I was in my 20-30's my friends and I use to hang out in clubs that all the ballplayers went to. I have pictures with many famous ballplayers including some at home at parties they invited us to. Some of those players have been involved in off the field issues and if I had no scruples I could have piled on an made money off of innocent pictures.

I really don't buy that Tiger is cheating with all of these women. I am still at a loss as to why anyone cares anyhow?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3764145;
    So now the media feels the need to let the world know every time an ambulance comes to someones home?

I highly doubt the stories of most of the women coming out of the woodwork. When I was in my 20-30's my friends and I use to hang out in clubs that all the ballplayers went to. I have pictures with many famous ballplayers including some at home at parties they invited us to. Some of those players have been involved in off the field issues and if I had no scruples I could have piled on an made money off of innocent pictures.

I really don't buy that Tiger is cheating with all of these women. I am still at a loss as to why anyone cares anyhow?
    I agree MsDiva this story is becoming preposterous......there is no way on earth he could have played golf, practiced, run a foundation rehabed from surgery and all the other things he does and sleep with that many women. I do believe he had an affair or two but not the amount they are saying is being reported. People see fame and a dollar and they will ride the coattail of this story. In this day and age we live in lies are much better than the truth and pay more handsomely.

People care because negative out weighs positive.

That's just what my husband said last night while watching all the women crawling out of the woodwork.... "when did he find the time?!"
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

According to the news stories on the various servers the woman taken by ambulance was Elin's mom.

That's all I know at this point.

I'll see if I can find more.

______________________________ ___________

MsDiva--I am having a hard time believing all these women too. (and to be fair--some of them are rumors started by someone--not necessarily by the women themselves).

However---if he is a sex addict--then it is unfortunately quite possible--since with sex addiction one often acts (is "compelled" to act) contrary to one's best interests.

For someone who travels extensively, and their partner stays home for whatever reason (young children, etc.), "finding the time" would not be that difficult, would it? More difficult would be keeping things quiet, but for Tiger and others, money + fame = power.

Running a foundation (or whatever business) isn't that time-consuming for some people; other people are hired to do most of the work.

Just saying...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3764171;
    For someone who travels extensively, and their partner stays home for whatever reason (young children, etc.), "finding the time" would not be that difficult, would it? More difficult would be keeping things quiet, but for Tiger and others, money + fame = power.

Running a foundation (or whatever business) isn't that time-consuming for some people; other people are hired to do most of the work.

Just saying...
    Just saying.....this story is getting so far fetched that is becoming unbelievable.

+ Reply to Thread