+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3759002;
    Why is what happened in Tiger Wood's driveway anyone else business besides the insurance company that will payout on the hydrant and possibly the police if any crime was committed. Which I highly doubt? This happened on his property in his car. It has nothing to do with his career as a golfer so Imo it is not up for public consumption.

Imo it's on a need to know basis only and we DON'T need to know.
    I have to agree with you MsDiva. I'm sure the damages will be covered by either Tiger or his insurance, and if the police want to charge him with something, say, Failure to Have Control of a Vehicle, they should do it, and let it go. What ever else happened, really is none of our business.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Tiger cancels another meeting with troopers - Golf- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Here is the latest comments from Tiger Woods.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3759028;
    I have to agree with you MsDiva. I'm sure the damages will be covered by either Tiger or his insurance, and if the police want to charge him with something, say, Failure to Have Control of a Vehicle, they should do it, and let it go. What ever else happened, really is none of our business.
    I agree, too. None of our business. And if the possibility exists that he can be charged with anything, he has the right to not talk to the police without a lawyer present, whether he did anything wrong or not.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The fact that he keeps cancelling the interviews leads me to believe that he is hiding something. He should not be above the law just because he is famous.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

He is not above the law. He does not have to legally talk to the troopers. I would not,I am sure his attorney has advised him what to do. As others have said, why do we care?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3758954;
    My husband said if he was taking Ambien, he could have been "sleep driving" since that stuff now comes with all kinds of warnings to that effect.
    I hadn't thought about that. I have heard that the Ambien sleep-walking/eating etc is pretty intense.

Thanks for this possibility.

ETA--it sounds like he's doing okay which is what is important to me. He said in his brief note on his website that his face if pretty banged up (my paraphrase.) Under those circumstances I wouldn't want to be in public either.

I myself was in an accident--a fall--that banged up my face and even though it was not a bad fall I had a lot of bruising and I stayed out of public for 5 days until the bruising went down--mostly because when I did try to go about my usual rounds I got a LOT of looks and a lot of questions.

People tend not to believe you when you tell the real story if the bruising is on your face--like that weird rumor that Tiger was hit by his wife.

So--from a personal standpoint I don't blame him at all for staying out of public scrutiny. I do wish his PR people had handled this better at the very beginning though.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-29-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3759002;
    Why is what happened in Tiger Wood's driveway anyone else business besides the insurance company that will payout on the hydrant and possibly the police if any crime was committed. Which I highly doubt? This happened on his property in his car. It has nothing to do with his career as a golfer so Imo it is not up for public consumption.

Imo it's on a need to know basis only and we DON'T need to know.
    How did he hit a neighbor's tree if the accident occurred on his property? Let me do that and refuse to answer the door and talk to the cops. "Unk is sleeping and can't be bothered. He'll get back to you." How long do you think it would take for them to come drag me out of the house and force a BAC test on me. Tiger Woods is not above the law. I like Tiger Woods and respect him as an athlete. He is definitely one of, if not the best golfer in history. That does not buy him a free pass. That's what pisses me off. He could be sleeping with the Queen of England for all I care. If he indeed was under the influence of a prescribed narcotic it is still illegal to operate a motor vehicle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3759203;
    How did he hit a neighbor's tree if the accident occurred on his property? Let me do that and refuse to answer the door and talk to the cops. "Unk is sleeping and can't be bothered. He'll get back to you." How long do you think it would take for them to come drag me out of the house and force a BAC test on me. Tiger Woods is not above the law. I like Tiger Woods and respect him as an athlete. He is definitely one of, if not the best golfer in history. That does not buy him a free pass. That's what pisses me off. He could be sleeping with the Queen of England for all I care. If he indeed was under the influence of a prescribed narcotic it is still illegal to operate a motor vehicle.

According to the incident report there was no alcohol involved. If there had been ANY evidence of DUI of ANY narcotic the cops would have done drug testing at the hospital.

If blood was drawn for such testing and DRE tests done we do not yet know about them.

BTW--results of chem panels for drugs tend to take some time to do--unlike what is seen on CSI-type shows on tv. So we'll just have to wait to hear about anything like that.

ETA--as far as I know it is not yet illegal to drive while sleeping under the influence of hypnotic drugs like Ambien.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3759205;
    According to the incident report there was no alcohol involved. If there had been ANY evidence of DUI of ANY narcotic the cops would have done drug testing at the hospital.
    I didn't think any reports had been released. Do you have a link to these?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3759205;

If blood was drawn for such testing and DRE tests done we do not yet know about them.

BTW--results of chem panels for drugs tend to take some time to do--unlike what is seen on CSI-type shows on tv. So we'll just have to wait to hear about anything like that.

ETA--as far as I know it is not yet illegal to drive while sleeping under the influence of hypnotic drugs like Ambien.
    Actually, it is illegal to drive under the influence of any controlled substance. And Ambien is a controlled substance. Therefore, if he had taken it, it would be a violation of the law.

+ Reply to Thread