+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3763888;
    All she needs is 7 more years!
    OK for Elin, if she can stick it out.

But ME?

I.

Absolutely.

COULD.

Not.

WOULD.

Not.

Do.

It.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3763778;
    There is absolutely no evidence that his wife hit him, it is just speculation. If there was evidence of Domestic Violence then I am positive there would never have been a skit.

If there were NO discussion about Domestic Violence--then why was the skit about Domestic Violence?

I am not judging any "Evidence" about Domestic Violence in this case. It is the skit that I am objecting to--Domestic Violence is not "funny" to most people.

Skits trying to make it "funny" are indeed not humorous to anyone who has had any contact with Domestic Violence--either those who are victims or have come in contact with victims.

Suggesting that people "lighten up" about an issue and occurance as serious as Domestic Violence makes no sense.

It is quite simply not "funny."

A request by a Fla. Trooper to release the blood test results was denied by prosecutors.
    Elin: Tiger Was Drinking Before He Crashed

WINDERMERE, Fla. (AP) A Florida trooper who suspected Tiger Woods was driving under the influence sought a subpoena for the golfer's blood results from the hospital he was taken to after crashing his SUV, but prosecutors rejected the petition for insufficient information, according to a police report released Monday.

(View the subpoena the Florida trooper submitted.)

A witness, who wasn't identified in the report, told trooper Joshua Evans that Woods had been drinking alcohol earlier. The same witness also said Woods had been prescribed two drugs, Ambien and Vicodin.

The report did not say who the witness was but added it was the same person who pulled Woods from the vehicle after the accident outside his home. Woods' wife, Elin, has told police that she used a golf club to smash the back windows of the Cadillac Escalade to help her husband out.

"Impairment of the driver is also suspected due to the careless driving that resulted in the traffic crash," Evans wrote in the report dated Nov. 30 that was released by the State Attorney General's office.

Woods' attorney, Mark NeJame, didn't return a phone call for comment.

Florida Highway Patrol investigators arrived after Woods had been taken to a hospital, the report said, explaining why they were unable to interview him at the accident site. In the days that followed, investigators tried three times to interview Woods, but he refused to meet with them.

FORT Fogey

I'll read the article and associated documents but be advised that "Driving impaired" does not refer to alcohol alone but to other substances and conditions as well.

FORT Fogey

I can't get the entire article to download--only the portion you posted.

But it strikes me as odd that the state investigators did not get a blood sample of their own and are now alledgedly trying to subpoena someone else's sample. If they HAD any suspicions about possible drinking under the influecne they would have ordred their own blood tests and chem panels. But they did not.

Also if I remember the original report the troopers said that Tiger did NOT show any evidence of having been drinking--so one has to wonder how the neighbor supposedly "knew" he "had been drinking" if a state trooper couldn't tell.

IMO this report is based on rumors and not on factual info.

My impression only.

ETA--Craig Ferguson just did a hilarious monologue about the Tiger situation--and not one reference to Domestic Violence.

His jokes were all based on the double entendres related to the words associated with golf which could also be sued to apply to a situation in which someone was having affairs....

And like Jimmy Kimmel he joked that he was suddenly much more interestd in golf than he used to be.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 12-08-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764067;
    I'll read the article and associated documents but be advised that "Driving impaired" does not refer to alcohol alone but to other substances and conditions as well.
    Yes, I'm aware of that.

Report: Tiger shoeless, snoring at crash scene - Golf News - FOX Sports on MSN

Woods was lying shoeless and snoring on a neighbors lawn with wife Elin Nordegren by his side when Jarius Adam, who called 911, arrived on the scene, according to a CNN report.

"I saw Tiger lying on the ground. Elin was talking to him," Adam said on the audio recording released by Florida Highway Patrol.

He said she asked "'Can you please help me, can you please help me?'" After that, he says, "She was actually very quiet. Just kind of in shock, you know, just kind of sitting there."

When an officer arrived and asked if Woods was unconscious, Adam replied, "At that point, he was, uh, he was snoring."
    Elin: Tiger Was Drinking Before He Crashed

A witness, who wasn't identified in the report, told trooper Joshua Evans that Woods had been drinking alcohol earlier. The same witness also said Woods had been prescribed two drugs, Ambien and Vicodin. The report did not say how the witness knew that. Elin, Woods' wife, originally identified herself to police as the person who removed Woods from the car.

"Impairment of the driver is also suspected due to the careless driving that resulted in the traffic crash," Evans wrote in the report dated Nov. 30 that was released by the State Attorney General's office.

FORT Fogey

If impairment had been suspected from a law enforcement point of view--then a blood draw for alcohol and a chem panel for drug tests would have been requested by law enforcement.

And yet they were not as per the story about allegedly wanting someone else's tests.

It's hard to see how a neighbor might be better at judging alcohol impairment than a law enforcement officer.

I heard on television news that Elin has moved out of the house.

Also, at 2:30 this morning, an adult woman was taken out of his house and is on advanced life support. Speculation is that it might be his mother. Since it's breaking news, that info might not be completely factual...
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 12-08-2009 at 07:42 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764076;
    If impairment had been suspected from a law enforcement point of view--then a blood draw for alcohol and a chem panel for drug tests would have been requested by law enforcement.

And yet they were not as per the story about allegedly wanting someone else's tests.

It's hard to see how a neighbor might be better at judging alcohol impairment than a law enforcement officer.
    Many sources are citing "the witness" as Elin. I think the state trooper who is trying to look into this would not be doing so by word of an uninvolved neighbor alone.

The Golf Channel has reported that the woman was Elin's mother and she has been treated and released.

+ Reply to Thread