+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

A lot of times, this type of behavior is learned at home as people grow up. Does anyone know if Tiger had a role model in this behavior?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Magic Johnson had the same squeaky clean reputation as Tiger before information came out about all the people he slept with while still married and he is still as beloved today as he ever was. Maybe contracting HIV due to his excapades is the reason but I don't know. I think it's people because are quick to forgive as long as the person shows remorse so I believe Tiger will be fine in the long run.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Agreed that Magic Johnson is still very much beloved.
    What nobody will ever know is how he got HIV, though.
    If people got it from having mutiple partners - as many still claim - it would be reasonable to see quite a spike with other athletes, singers, musicians, actors, general population, etc. And, we sure never saw that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3763697;
    Magic Johnson had the same squeaky clean reputation as Tiger before information came out about all the people he slept with while still married and he is still as beloved today as he ever was. Maybe contracting HIV due to his excapades is the reason but I don't know. I think it's people because are quick to forgive as long as the person shows remorse so I believe Tiger will be fine in the long run.
    Tigerusty--that['s a very interesting point.

I wonder if people still accept Magic because--1) he came out about his HIV/AIDS and 2) they feel he is in some way being "punished" for what he did that they consider to be "Wrong"?

This snowball effect that is going on with Tiger is almost beyond laughable....everybody has a he did she did story now......want to keep something credible then don't have half the world saying he did something.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3763559;
    I thought SNL was funny. It was just a joke, people need to lighten up.

I know that reactions to humor vary widely but for me there was nothing "funny" about the skit as I worked in an NPO in which we worked on a daily basis with people who were the victims of Domestic Violence.

For me there is nothing "funny" about it after having seen how it devastates and destroys a person's entire psyche and their entire life.

An interesting point was made by the author of the popeater piece--if it had been a woman as victim instead of a man--would this skit have been "funny"?

Would it have even been put on?

There is absolutely no evidence that his wife hit him, it is just speculation. If there was evidence of Domestic Violence then I am positive there would never have been a skit.
    You need to watch the entire skit before condemning it.
    There's no place like home!

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3763697;
    It probably has to do with the fact that (outside of the cheating on his wife bit, and for all we know they might have had an arrangement) by all accounts he was one of the sports celebrities that is also genuinely a nice person.

A lot of times, this type of behavior is learned at home as people grow up. Does anyone know if Tiger had a role model in this behavior?
    Nope, I think it has more to do with ego, insecurity and the need for constant validation, what you can get away with and what you think you deserve. Judging by these bargain basement bimbos it definitely isn't looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3763789;
    Nope, I think it has more to do with ego, insecurity and the need for constant validation, what you can get away with and what you think you deserve. Judging by these bargain basement bimbos it definitely isn't looks.

ITA.

All cracks aside --- for two seconds, anyway --- it has always been JMHO that for somebody of this guy's public stature and talent (and Kobe and all the rest of 'em apply here, too) to go out and do something of this nature, and, in his case, to so STUPIDLY hang his butt even FARTHER out there by being dumb enough to LEAVE HIS OTHER WOMAN/WOMEN in question VOICE AND TEXT MESSAGES ON HER/THEIR PHONES?????????

Oh, please.

When you look at his wife in comparison to the others that are crawling out of the woodwork now (last count I heard, ten, with three more unidentified by name, but on the radar nonetheless), to me, there IS no comparison.

She never seemed to me to be one of these "trophy wives" that was always showing up at premieres, swathed in diamonds and designer gowns, out partying, etc. Matter of fact, I've even heard her referred to as "The Greta Garbo of Golf".

With him being as rabid as he apparently is about privacy, seems to me that he couldn't've asked or begged for a better mate.

Then he had to go mess it up.

Yep, golfing talent notwithstanding, I DO believe that he is an insecure, arrogant individual who wanted to have his cake, eat it too, and actually believed that his fly-by-night ways wouldn't catch up to him, and that he could get away with what others before him could not.

Too bad, so sad.

I honestly don't think she'll stay married to him permanently.

Of course, I COULD be wrong, but I just do not think I am.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All she needs is 7 more years!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread