+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3762886;
    I don't think Tiger's Golden Boy image is going to survive this one. The women just keep coming out of the woodwork.
    I think he will lose some endorsement deals, which means some lost income, which affects his family, and so the dominoes tumble. But I think there will be an enormous mass of middle America that will "understand and forgive".

The true losers will be his children who, although may be too young to understand now, will eventually hear all about it. The internet is forever. Who knows what his relationship was with his wife to begin with? Maybe it was never more than a business deal. But she has children to protect.

What is it now, 4 women speaking out, and 2 more in the queue?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3762958;
    What is it now, 4 women speaking out, and 2 more in the queue?
    It's like a car wreck, you don't want to look but are morbidly fascinated anyway. More and more women are coming forward, it's sickening.

At this point, I think his endorsement deals are going to suffer.

woman are not the ones buying Tiger's merchandise the most men are. The fact of the matter is that most men just are not caring. The sports websites have done polls and those polls say Tiger will not suffer any long term effects and he shouldn't. If only we could get this excited over important issues that affect the country as a whole and not over people's personal failings.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Men tend to sympathize with and forgive other men for these types of situations. Women, as we've seen here, view these things differently. The guys, for the most parts, are probably thinking "There, but for the grace of God, go I." Biology is something else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I have to respectfully disagree. I have met both men and women who cheat. I am not denying that there are gender differences, but in the Western world, these have become less and less. I don't give men a pass to cheat based on their biology; having integrity is not gender specific.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3763071;
    Men tend to sympathize with and forgive other men for these types of situations. Women, as we've seen here, view these things differently. The guys, for the most parts, are probably thinking "There, but for the grace of God, go I." Biology is something else.
    Lol my boyfriend's reply "Thanks to Tiger it is now open season on men" this said as he is trying to get tickets for the next tournament he has here in San Diego next month,lol.

I must be a different breed of woman because This whole story is a non issue with me other than people meddling in the private affairs that don't concern them. The only man's private life I worry about is my own. The one who hasn't figured out it has always been open season on him,lol.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3762886;
    I don't think Tiger's Golden Boy image is going to survive this one. The women just keep coming out of the woodwork.
    I have to agree. Had it ended with just one or even two women, he could probably have rehabilitated his image. With this many women coming out - I just don't think it's possible. This has really exploded on him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Of course they both cheat, of which I cited an example in post #206. Men are, biologically, designed to spread their seed for the continuation of the species. Animal Planet shows that male tendency. Not "going" all over the place is a conscious choice that humans have the ability to make, but it is a HUMAN invention. Some people will say that that is one of the things that separates us from the animals. Mens' tendency is to hunt; womens' tendency is to nest. Of course, even in the animal kingdom, there are "couples" raising offspring that do not belong to that particular male, but he doesn't usually know that! All I'm saying is that the tendency is there. Men are, laughingly, referred to as "dogs" for a reason more than just an insult.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3763075;
    I have to agree. Had it ended with just one or even two women, he could probably have rehabilitated his image. With this many women coming out - I just don't think it's possible. This has really exploded on him.
    The main demographic for Tiger's ads is men. From not just the men in my family but at work etc. There are some while in front of the wife will say Tiger was wrong. The ones who have no issues just don't care. Then you have the sports guy extremely macho jerk you know the type that spend their days posting on sports sites. sone who probably has cheated or has thought about it and Say Go Tiger!who now think he is one of them now.

Tiger makes these corporations too much money for them to dump him and that is way they are standing behind them. Tiger Woods is a cash cow and Big Corp sports companies and they are not going to let that money go. Especially since some of their own executives probably can't pass the morals test themselves.

As far as the women coming forward no way do I believe all of them.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

What I can't figure out is...Why in the hell are these women coming out to the press? Is fifteen minutes of fame really worth everything you are sacrificing? Women at home aren't saying "oh! what a lucky girl!" We're thinking..."what a whore"! I would be too humiliated and embarrassed to strut my stuff to the media. I'd be the one calling Tiger and telling him to keep his mouth shut.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread