+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 735

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

  1. #211
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    What goes on between Tiger and his wife is their business... yes! So if they go through counseling, split, stay together... that is their business. But Tiger has held himself out in the public eye as they do-no-wrong squeaky clean good guy. He has had endless numbers of children trying to be Tiger Woods. He gets people to wear his clothes and drink his drinks ... because they want to be like Tiger Woods. Not just the Tiger Woods the golfer, but the Tiger Woods the man. To find that he has not been the person that he sold (literally) to the public... for that he owes the public an apology.
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  2. #212
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3762159;
    Here's the thing on this....

    When someone chooses to "cheat" they are making a decision to break a trust. This is a decision, that anyway you cut it, is totally selfish. I don't care what else may or may not be going on within a marriage, choosing to cheat is a totally self-centered endeavor. It is not about anyone else but you (universally speaking ). The person to whom you are supposedly committed gets a raw deal, and the one with whom you are cheating gets someone who isn't free to, can't, won't, has no desire, is incapable of (take your pick or add something new) giving more than a very limited, compromised relationship. In any case, the primary person is the only one really winning - if you want to call it that- which I wouldn't. There are always other choices.

    Marriage is hard work, and sometimes that grass may look greener. However, one must be careful...sometimes that beautiful, green grass is planted over a septic tank. I know that many celebrities have people throwing themselves at them all the time. This would be difficult, however, one can always walk away, or not put themselves in a position to be compromised in the first place.
    Truthfully there isn't a whole lot more that can be said on his situation.....he did what he did. It is his responsibility to rectify it and the past can't be changed but the future can. I have never met a person that has cheated on their spouse that took anybody but theirself into consideration but again the person being cheated with most of the time knows what they are dealing with and as Tiger could have made the choice not to have had the affair the other party has the same responsibilty. An affair is always a two person situation with both parties consenting to it and the ones left with the most hurt is the spouses being cheated on.

    As you say marriage is hard work and it takes both parties working at it.

  3. #213
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3762206;
    Truthfully there isn't a whole lot more that can be said on his situation.....he did what he did. It is his responsibility to rectify it and the past can't be changed but the future can. I have never met a person that has cheated on their spouse that took anybody but theirself into consideration but again the person being cheated with most of the time knows what they are dealing with and as Tiger could have made the choice not to have had the affair the other party has the same responsibilty. An affair is always a two person situation with both parties consenting to it and the ones left with the most hurt is the spouses being cheated on.

    As you say marriage is hard work and it takes both parties working at it.
    Totally agree w/everything you said, including the other participant in the affair. I was just speaking to a cheating spouse in general.

  4. #214
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    583

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    I applaud Jesper Parnevik for speaking out on the matter. Good for him. I guess the poor guy feels badly about all that Elin has been through since he is the one who introduced them.

  5. #215
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3762251;
    I applaud Jesper Parnevik for speaking out on the matter. Good for him. I guess the poor guy feels badly about all that Elin has been through since he is the one who introduced them.
    He just better hope he doesn't have any skeletons in his closet because you can bet they will be digging them up on him if he does.

  6. #216
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3761857;
    NRH, you just keep posting exactly what I want to say. Thank you for that!!!
    We're just coming from the same place on this one, it seems.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  7. #217
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,071

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    People seem to have built Tiger up to be "the second coming"; I think Tiger just let people think what it is they wanted to think. He has proven not to be your "dancing bear"; he has proven that he is mortal, and does not walk on water. I am not defending Tiger's poor choices. I am sorry for his wife to have to have all of her marital business revealed in the press; these things ... well, most of them, anyway ... should have been revealed in private. I don't think many of us would like to have our embarrassments played out in public. What a fool she must feel like. Shame on the "adoring" public...but I don't think that Tiger ever asked to be "adored".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #218
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3761888;
    Some people are just whorish, and that's the bottom line. I think that all of this stuff hitting the fan has probably shocked him enough to, at least, keep him from cruising around out there any time soon.

    What an idiot. I read that Oprah is going after the interview. I think he needs to get with his "boys"...Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, and the like.

    Financially, the marriage is super-worth saving. I'm sure Eline knows this. Why should she disrupt her standard of living?

    Personally, I've never thought that marriage was a particularly good idea, anyway. IMO, it generally goes against human nature.
    You're right--"womanizers"--the technical term is "sex addicts"--probably shouldn't get married until they have dealt with their addiction.

    I have a very close friend whose husband was a sex addict and I know that the term sounds kind of "fun" and "not really serious."

    But trust me--a person who cannot stop themselves from having sexual encounters with anyone under any circumstnces is not really enjoying their life.

    And what it does to a marriage is beyond disastrous. And what it does to the innocent bystanders--like the spouse and the children--can be horrifying.

    In my friend's case her husband had an affair--one of many--while she was pregnant with the result that he now has to pay child support for a child born within a few weeks of my friend's son.


    And the whole thing was made public by a court case in which the child support was obtained--and in which my friend had to testify about her husband's activities.

    This kind of situation doesn't only bring shame and unwanted attention to celebs--ordinary people get their lives messed up because of it too.

  9. #219
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    not everyone who cheats is a sex addict, and I haven't seen any indication that anyone is claiming Tiger is one either. Now David Duchovny, that's a sex addict. For some cheaters (likely most, but I don't have stats), its a choice, not a disease.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  10. #220
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3762381;
    You're right--"womanizers"--the technical term is "sex addicts"--probably shouldn't get married until they have dealt with their addiction.
    I beg to differ. There are guys who just flat-out like getting laid by different women. They're not sex addicts, they do it because they can. And they can stop whenever they like, but what would motivate them to stop? Those are "womanizers", "mack daddies", "man whores", or whatever puerile term one chooses. Maybe they shouldn't get married because marriage is supposed to be a committment to a monogamous relationship, but just because they like sex with different bodies doesn't mean they have a psychiatric disorder. I'm not saying that sex addiction doesn't exist, but a guy who steps out on his wife isn't automatically crying out for a therapy session. I don't really care about Tiger Woods and have been largely ignoring this story, but are we really insinuating he's a sex addict because he's been taking advantage of his celebrity, wealth and good looks and sleeping with other women?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.