+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3761856;
    It is their business and likewise, I applaud her if she is standing by him.
    Sounds like she now has several million reasons to stand by him.

Details of Elin Woods' newly-rewritten prenup emerge - Devil Ball Golf - Golf Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Details of Elin Woods' newly-rewritten prenup emerge

By Jay Busbee

Elin and Tiger Woods had a prenuptual agreement, as expected. The couple is undergoing marital counseling, as you'd also expect. And now The Daily Beast is reporting that Elin Woods is renegotiating that prenup to get an immediate $5 million payout from her husband and as much as $55 million more to stay with him for two more years.

The initial prenup was worth $20 million after 10 years of marriage. However, the Chicago Sun-Times' Bill Zwecker has reported that Elin Woods will receive an immediate payment "into an account she alone controls," and that the 10-year timeframe -- which began when they married in 2004 -- has been shortened and the value increased "substantially."

The Daily Beast quotes "a lawyer familiar with the couple's negotiations" in reporting that the term of the prenup has been shortened to seven years, and that a series of staggered payments could increase the total value to $75 million.

But apparently there's also a behavioral component to all this: Elin Woods must "be a dutiful wife in showing up with him at social events and in public as if they were still the perfect couple, and sign a nondisclosure form that will prevent her from ever telling her story."

It's important to note that to date, there's no concrete evidence that Elin Woods has ever been anything but the perfectly dutiful golf wife. I'm sure the Woodses would like nothing more than to portray domestic calm to the world, and Elin Woods now apparently has several million more reasons to do just that.

FORT Fogey

Tiger Woods sold his Tiger Woods Brand to endorsers as a squeaky-clean, domestic husband and father, as well as golf pro. A dutiful wife is a critical component of that picture. Tiger needs Elin to stand by his side to continue to rake in the cash on his endorsements. She's helping earn every bit of that fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3761856;
    It is their business and likewise, I applaud her if she is standing by him. My opinion is that the act of cheating itself isn't always the crucial issue(although yes, the betrayal is awful and hurtful). The more important issues are those that led to the cheating in the first place. Most people don't just up and decide to cheat. It takes a stronger person to stick around and work on those issues to fix the relationship than it does to walk out the door. And unless you've walked a mile in someone's shoes....
    THis is the part we don't know and will probably never know. We never know what goes on behind closed doors and that doesn't mean I am holding up for Tiger it means there could be serious issues we don't know about. It doesn't make it okay he cheated but it will make them look at their relationship and see if it is worth salvaging.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some people are just whorish, and that's the bottom line. I think that all of this stuff hitting the fan has probably shocked him enough to, at least, keep him from cruising around out there any time soon.

What an idiot. I read that Oprah is going after the interview. I think he needs to get with his "boys"...Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, and the like.

Financially, the marriage is super-worth saving. I'm sure Eline knows this. Why should she disrupt her standard of living?

Personally, I've never thought that marriage was a particularly good idea, anyway. IMO, it generally goes against human nature.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Ugh, thats just disgusting. It's not a marriage. It's a business deal.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Life tends to be a business deal, if you ask me.

Here's equal time for the opposite sex: I know a woman whom, when she had been married 11 years, had had an affair for every year that she had been married. We haven't talked about it lately, but she's still married to the same man...and I'll bet it's been 10 years since that conversation...one can't help but wonder, but I'm not asking! There are no money issues or fantastic looks in this situation either.

There's just no explaining human nature, sometimes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3761889;
    I'm not sure I believe this report. The source is The Daily Beast, never heard of them.

However, if true, it's deplorable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3761889;
    ditto. $$$$$ it all sounds like a business deal. How can you live a fulfilling marriage with all that $$$ on your mind? no wonder he cheated

BREAKING NEWS: Tiger Woods has decided to change his name . . . to Cheetah.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3761887;
    THis is the part we don't know and will probably never know. We never know what goes on behind closed doors and that doesn't mean I am holding up for Tiger it means there could be serious issues we don't know about. It doesn't make it okay he cheated but it will make them look at their relationship and see if it is worth salvaging.
    Here's the thing on this....

When someone chooses to "cheat" they are making a decision to break a trust. This is a decision, that anyway you cut it, is totally selfish. I don't care what else may or may not be going on within a marriage, choosing to cheat is a totally self-centered endeavor. It is not about anyone else but you (universally speaking ). The person to whom you are supposedly committed gets a raw deal, and the one with whom you are cheating gets someone who isn't free to, can't, won't, has no desire, is incapable of (take your pick or add something new) giving more than a very limited, compromised relationship. In any case, the primary person is the only one really winning - if you want to call it that- which I wouldn't. There are always other choices.

Marriage is hard work, and sometimes that grass may look greener. However, one must be careful...sometimes that beautiful, green grass is planted over a septic tank. I know that many celebrities have people throwing themselves at them all the time. This would be difficult, however, one can always walk away, or not put themselves in a position to be compromised in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread