+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Take the $300 million and run Elin! I get this is a private and personal issue between Tiger and Elin. I know there are children involved. But, if it were me, I would never be able to trust him again. Multiple women, multiple times......calculated deceit over and over and over. To me, that is unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3761372;
    Take the $300 million and run Elin! I get this is a private and personal issue between Tiger and Elin. I know there are children involved. But, if it were me, I would never be able to trust him again. Multiple women, multiple times......calculated deceit over and over and over. To me, that is unforgivable.
    One woman, one time, for me is unforgivable. It happened to me twice and my husband knows...one time and that's it. But each woman is different and if Elin can get past it, then I wish them the best. I would just be looking around every corner and paranoid about every little thing. I couldn't live that way.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Apparently sports reporters are talking on radio sports talk shows about how they knew about Tiger's dating a lot of women since the 1990s. (Someone who listens to sports talk radio told me this was on today.)

That he had this rep as a single man does not bother me at all.

Too bad there may be incidents since his marriage. I hope he and his wife can work this out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tiger's worst mistake was getting married in the first place. I've not heard any of the radio talk, but I'm sure that this didn't just start since he got married. If you're not ready, don't do it. Accept yourself for who you really are. Wait until you've gotten your "run" out, or simply stay single. I had a friend who said that he was a married man, living a single man's life. Fortunately, he and his wife had no children, and divorced; he has not remarried.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

It's fine to be a womanizer when you're single, but once you take vows, you should be true to those vows. If you decide for whatever reason that you can't be, then end the marriage. Lying and cheating is just wrong.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I'm another strong believer for the vows you take. If you can't live the vows, don't get married. For me it would have been one strike and you're out. Why waste my time on a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3761767;
    I'm another strong believer for the vows you take. If you can't live the vows, don't get married. For me it would have been one strike and you're out. Why waste my time on a liar?
    I guess after 38 years and an affair behind me(my husband) I felt he deserved another chance. I can say this much you can never judge a matter till you have walked in that person shoes. This is Tigers and Elin's business and if she feels it is a marriage worth saving then I whole heartily applaud her.
    Here I said I wasn't posting again.....oooops my bad.

It is time as people to stop putting others on pedestals that they can't stay on. He may be a womanizer in which I don't know but he is a human being just like any other person in this world and he deserves a second chance just like I would if I was in the same position.

I think the problem with all the athletes / celebs / etc. who get into these "situations" is that it should not be our business, but it does become our business.
    When you have a celeb like Tiger ( worth the highest of any to date - over $1 billion) who got to the pinnacle of his profession, the high earnings came from those who supported him by going to the tournaments and buying the various endorsed products that are a part of his 'bazillion' dollar empire, etc. Tiger, himself, signed up for that. Without all the fans and supporters out there, he would be a great golfer but totally unknown to us and certainly not worth the money that he commands.
    And, quite frankly, nobody would be talking about him and his transgressions if that were the case.
    Celebs and athletes and the like always act shocked when they make the tabloids, yet none of them seems all that willing to step away from the limelight and trade places with the "average man" in order to not get their lives publicly dissected.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 12-03-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3761815;
    I guess after 38 years and an affair behind me(my husband) I felt he deserved another chance. I can say this much you can never judge a matter till you have walked in that person shoes. This is Tigers and Elin's business and if she feels it is a marriage worth saving then I whole heartily applaud her.
    It is their business and likewise, I applaud her if she is standing by him. My opinion is that the act of cheating itself isn't always the crucial issue(although yes, the betrayal is awful and hurtful). The more important issues are those that led to the cheating in the first place. Most people don't just up and decide to cheat. It takes a stronger person to stick around and work on those issues to fix the relationship than it does to walk out the door. And unless you've walked a mile in someone's shoes....
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

NRH, you just keep posting exactly what I want to say. Thank you for that!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread