+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3761020;
    Really? Seriously, does everyone feel this way? If Tiger can't be faithful to the people he loves and who love him, what makes him a good guy? And, I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment here, or poke anyone. I am truly amazed and interested in the fact that it seems most of the Tiger supporters in this discussion are women and here I am, a man (YMMV ) basically saying that a man who cheats has no integrity and isn't worth my support. What gives? Have I avoided adultery for the last 20+ years for no reason?

And does anyone else find it funny that there's an anti-celebrity gossip undercurrent in the Celebrity Gossip discussion forum?
    Excellent post. Integrity is a large part of my whole issue here. Is it my business? Not really. Does he make money off of my interest in him? Yes. My interest drops off due to whatever, and his earning potential drops. Celebs and their PR people understand this better than anyone.

I do feel badly for him and his family - and yet I am able to see the other side of it as well. And I do believe he deserves the backlash he receives just for putting his family in this embarrassing situation. His actions led to this - not anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3761070;
    Totally agree. But its REALLY hard for a child to understand. Trust me.
    A child shouldn't have to be exposed to that kind of information about either of their parents. That is the worst part of this type of thing going public in celeb couples. Having it all over the news has to make it much harder to shield the children from it. In this case the children are quite young, so hopefully they don't get exposed to it at all.

MRD

If he cheated then that's his and his wife's business.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

I originally started this thread because I have been inspired in my athletic endeavors by Tiger--and I was worried about the accident he was in. Was he okay? Were his family members okay? And I wondered how other people were feeling/thinking about the accident.

Of course the "story" has evolved into something else entirely.

I feel sad for him having his very private life exposed.
    I feel sorry for his family to have all this happening in public.

I do NOT excuse his behavior but I know a number of pro athletes who sometimes talk about what the road is like--and how women throw themselves at athletes inw ays we can't imagine.

Again--not excusing him--but what he goes thorugh as the most famous athlete in the world is beyond most of us to understand.

I am hoping (and praying) that he and his family can come through this with an even stronger relationship than before.

And I hope thet people will be able to forgive him.

But even if they can't--yes it really is none of our business--as Tiger has tried so hard over many years to maintain.

IMO if his father were still alive this would not have happened.
    IMO a lot of this is due to the loss of his father/father figure/manager/trainer.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3760902;
    What the hell is he apologizing for?

It's sad that he had to resort to a completely needless apology in order to appease the vultures. Hope they're all happy now that they got their pound of flesh.
    Exactly. People who live in glass houses really need to not throw stones. There have been a lot stones thrown with people who have said what they would never do. The thought that people are now trying to call him a bad man because he doesn't live up to their moral standards are ridiculous.

I wonder how some of those stone throwers who probably have their own issues would feel if their neighbors all of a sudden found out all of their private and personal business?

If I was Tiger I would have kept my silence people need to learn how to mind there own business. So my question is why isn't Tiger's wife in jail for battery. I am fairly sure he didn't get injured in the face from the car? Where is the outrage for him possibly being hit by his wife?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3761237;
    Exactly. People who live in glass houses really need to not throw stones. There have been a lot stones thrown with people who have said what they would never do. The thought that people are now trying to call him a bad man because he doesn't live up to their moral standards are ridiculous.

I wonder how some of those stone throwers who probably have their own issues would feel if their neighbors all of a sudden found out all of their private and personal business?

If I was Tiger I would have kept my silence people need to learn how to mind there own business. So my question is why isn't Tiger's wife in jail for battery. I am fairly sure he didn't get injured in the face from the car? Where is the outrage for him possibly being hit by his wife?
    Because scratches on a face don't immediately indicate "battery" in an egregious sense, MsDiva?

What a fabulous dichotomy your post represents. No one's talking to indicate that she committed any kind of assault.. so declaring any kind of outrage over Elin Woods potentially slapping/scratching her husband is just as hypocritical and judgmental as attacking Tiger Woods. Is a potential slap not as private and personal as his alleged affairs? Has no one else ever slapped a person they were fighting with?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3761252;
    Because scratches on a face don't immediately indicate "battery" in an egregious sense, MsDiva?

What a fabulous dichotomy your post represents. No one's talking to indicate that she committed any kind of assault.. so declaring any kind of outrage over Elin Woods potentially slapping/scratching her husband is just as hypocritical and judgmental as attacking Tiger Woods. Is a potential slap not as private and personal as his alleged affairs? Has no one else ever slapped a person they were fighting with?
    I believe I did say if. I am not Nostradamus but "if he was unconscious and she had a golf club and he has bruises I don't know. I have seen men go to jail for just a woman even suggesting that a man had touched her with less than a bruise on them. I guess it is only abuse when a woman is the one being hit.

I am commenting after Tiger's statement and I am not judging I am asking questions. Battery is a criminal offense so that is no longer a private thing it is against the law. Tiger Woods could sleep with all the women in town and that however is his business and his wife's only.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3761263;
    I believe I did say if. I am not Nostradamus but "if he was unconscious and she had a golf club and he has bruises I don't know. I have seen men go to jail for just a woman even suggesting that a man had touched her with less than a bruise on them. I guess it is only abuse when a woman is the one being hit.

I am commenting after Tiger's statement and I am not judging I am asking questions. Battery is a criminal offense so that is no longer a private thing it is against the law. Tiger Woods could sleep with all the women in town and that however is his business and his wife's only.
    I understand... and perhaps I should rephrase my statement. I didn't intend to accuse YOU of being hypocritical or judgmental, but rather if there were people acting all outraged over a possible battery then that would be just as judgmental of how people are acting towards Tiger Woods... to which you ARE objecting.

Yes, women are just as likely to be perpetrators of domestic battery. Battery is battery. But where I was coming from is that there is no indication that Elin Woods hit her husband, unfortunately. So any outrage would be based upon even less evidence and more speculation than what was out there regarding Tiger Woods' alleged affairs. He has scratches on his face that are just as likely to have been caused by a car accident as by someone hitting him. And if neither party is talking... then you're not going to know any more than that so outrage is uncalled for.

In many states, including Florida, domestic abuse laws don't require either the aggressor or victim to press charges. The police just need to look at the medical records to determine whether the injuries look consistent with battery. And if they do, Elin Nordegren Woods will be arrested. But the FHP have already indicated that his injuries were not consistent with being hit by a golf club.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's amazing how many "holier-than-thou's" there are in our society. And if he had been hit with a golf club (and "'unconscious"), he would have been kept at the hospital a lot longer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Broadway the point of my comments is to prove how ridiculous it is to be so easy to jump into the private lives of people. What happened between tiger and his wife in regard to him cheating is their business.frankly everyone probably needs to keep their own laundry from being aired instead of trying to work on what goes on in private between a man and his wife. Tiger only owes explanations to his wife.

Since this whole story broke the things the gossipmongers passed around and made theories about is just mind blowing. We need to all learn to stay out of the business of grown people until we have walked a mile in their shoes.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread