+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3761020;
    Really? Seriously, does everyone feel this way? If Tiger can't be faithful to the people he loves and who love him, what makes him a good guy? And, I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment here, or poke anyone. I am truly amazed and interested in the fact that it seems most of the Tiger supporters in this discussion are women and here I am, a man (YMMV ) basically saying that a man who cheats has no integrity and isn't worth my support. What gives? Have I avoided adultery for the last 20+ years for no reason?

And does anyone else find it funny that there's an anti-celebrity gossip undercurrent in the Celebrity Gossip discussion forum?
    No, you're not the only one who feels that way, PIMguy. I think maybe we all draw the line differently where celebrity is concerned. Here's my view, and I may be the only one who feels this way, and that's OK --

When I support a celebrity (sports figure, movie star, singer, whatever), it's only for the particular talent or skill that they are marketing. When I'm watching a movie I'm only interested in the actors' skill on the screen for two hours. After the movie is over, I don't care about their personal life or choices that they make, that's none of my business. I'm only interested in them on the screen.

And yes I'm disappointed in Tiger's choice of (alleged) infidelity. It's something I wouldn't be able to forgive in my own life. But I don't have a right to judge Tiger, or anyone else. If not for his high profile marketing popular brands (also Tiger's choice), the public might never have known of his transgression.

So what's the bottom line? I hope this doesn't affect Tiger's golf game. I'm sorry his family was brought into it. I'm sorry I know about it at all.

Really? Seriously, does everyone feel this way? If Tiger can't be faithful to the people he loves and who love him, what makes him a good guy? And, I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment here, or poke anyone. I am truly amazed and interested in the fact that it seems most of the Tiger supporters in this discussion are women and here I am, a man (YMMV ) basically saying that a man who cheats has no integrity and isn't worth my support. What gives? Have I avoided adultery for the last 20+ years for no reason?

And does anyone else find it funny that there's an anti-celebrity gossip undercurrent in the Celebrity Gossip discussion forum?

I guess it's a polarizing topic; actually, there are at least 3 polarizing topics about the TW incident.

IINM, all of the forums and threads on this board allow both pro and con opinions to be stated, as long as board rules are followed.

As for the car accident, I was more concerned about the circumstances of the accident. There wasn't an explanation in initial reports, and some of the details later released seemed suspicious.

As for his injuries, I was concerned about the rumors of assault/violence being true.

It was also eyebrow-raising that he avoided 3 scheduled appointments with law enforcement authorities.

As for the "transgressions" (his words) and the allegations of infidelity, I am more concerned about the health risks to his wife and young children.

And I still think that from a PR perspective, it was handled very poorly.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3760965;
    Tiger must have been interested in breaking up the marriage or he wouldn't have been cheating on his wife and throwing away his marriage vows.
    a. We don't know what his "transgression" was. Maybe he had a full-blown affair, but maybe he didn't. He did not elaborate, and good for him since it is none of our business.

b. People in relationships sometimes are guilty of cheating. Of course this does not make it okay, but it does happen. I personally do not believe every person who has ever been guilty of bad behavior is a bad person. His wife is really the only one in this situation who has the right to know all the facts, discuss it with him, and decide whether it is worth ending her marriage over. At least he isn't one of those politicians who put themselves on a moral high horse and then get caught fooling around!

c. It is really easy to say "oh this person cheated, they are a terrible person and their spouse should leave them". However, these matters are rarely (if ever) that clear cut. If a person has never found themselves in a similar situation, then they are in no position to judge.

I just re-read Tiger's apology and I'm wondering where he admitted that he had affairs with multiple women over the years and throughout both of his wife's pregnancies? Maybe this is coming from another source, or maybe it's just rumor. The only celebrity gossip I ever really read about is on this forum, and then only when I'm (a) bored, or (b) avoiding doing my homework, so I'm often not up to date on the gossip trends. If even half of this stuff is true, I honestly feel sorry for Elin and the kids, and I hope that they can work through their problems and keep their family intact. Having this story headlining the news everyday can't be easy for them. God knows, if my husband cheated on me, I certainly wouldn't want to have to deal with the pain with cameras stuck in my face every day. I wish people would just leave them alone.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3761038;
    I just re-read Tiger's apology and I'm wondering where he admitted that he had affairs with multiple women over the years and throughout both of his wife's pregnancies? Maybe this is coming from another source, or maybe it's just rumor. The only celebrity gossip I ever really read about is on this forum, and then only when I'm (a) bored, or (b) avoiding doing my homework, so I'm often not up to date on the gossip trends. If even half of this stuff is true, I honestly feel sorry for Elin and the kids, and I hope that they can work through their problems and keep their family intact. Having this story headlining the news everyday can't be easy for them. God knows, if my husband cheated on me, I certainly wouldn't want to have to deal with the pain with cameras stuck in my face every day. I wish people would just leave them alone.
    All is not lost! Come back tomorrow. I'm sure by that time it will be revealed that he had affairs with three dozen people and he will probably be the 2009 winner of the OMG-he-like-OMG-maybe-like-cheated-on-his-wife-OMG-he's-a-nine-headed-Hydra-and-a-horrible-person award.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I am a woman who has never cheated, married to a man who has never cheated. And yes, I know nearly every woman on the planet has said that about her husband, but Mr. Rattus is absolutely the worst liar I have ever met - no skills at all. But I do understand that there are circumstances where cheating may be more...comprehensible, I suppose. And a person who cheats can be a decent human being, and a person who is faithful can otherwise be foul, small-minded, bitter and abusive. But I have always said that infidelity is in no way the worst thing a spouse can do.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Only An Opinion

I read a blog where the guy suggested a few things for Tiger and I found it funny

One was: "If you have something to own up to, do it completely and you will be forgiven. Just ask Kobe Bryant."

The other: "Say you were excited about a Black Friday sale and got carried away."

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3761065;
    I am a woman who has never cheated, married to a man who has never cheated. And yes, I know nearly every woman on the planet has said that about her husband, but Mr. Rattus is absolutely the worst liar I have ever met - no skills at all. But I do understand that there are circumstances where cheating may be more...comprehensible, I suppose. And a person who cheats can be a decent human being, and a person who is faithful can otherwise be foul, small-minded, bitter and abusive. But I have always said that infidelity is in no way the worst thing a spouse can do.
    Totally agree. But its REALLY hard for a child to understand. Trust me.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

The one thing Tiger messed up on, that is IF he had an affair, was cheating on his mistress...that is a definite NO NO, she has nothing to lose with going public.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3761070;
    Totally agree. But its REALLY hard for a child to understand. Trust me.
    Both my parents cheated when I was a child. Still not the worst thing a parent can do. And of course, they could have kept that knowledge to themselves instead of making an issue of it in front of the kids.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread