+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3760909;
    It's rather disturbing to hear so many dismissals of the affair allegations (except that they could be false). Set aside the betrayal/moral factor (unless he and his wife had "an agreement"), in this day and age, there is potential/risk for incurable STDs and debillitating, even terminal, illnesses.

And depending on the timing of the alleged "transgressions" (his words), those children could have been exposed to risks.
    What do the children have to do with all this again? They were more than likely not in the room when the not-even-alleged "transgressions" maybe-or-maybe-not took place so I can't see how they could have "caught" anything.

What is really disturbing is people's relentless voyeuristic fascination with something that is none of their damn business. But the most disturbing part is the constant entitlement exhibited by the public towards celebrities to meet what they consider to be acceptable standards of morality - the most disgustingly overused word in the English dictionary - not to mention the amount of schadenfreude and hypocritical outrage that is displayed when said standards are not met.

Tiger Woods owes nothing to the public except a good golf game.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3760897;
    I guess "trangressions" is his word for being a lying, cheater.

I always knew he wasn't as great as the media made him out to be.

I hope Elin kicks him to the curb and takes a large chunk of his bank account.
    I doubt that neither Elin nor Tiger are interested in breaking up their marriage. At this point, that would be very shortsighted. The "cut and run" mentality" is not always the best way to go.

Life at home is not going to be happy for ol' Tiger for a while. Bet he could get some good advice from Koby about now!

I bet it's going to be a while before she even lets him go to the bathroom by himself....much less out of town alone!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Tiger must have been interested in breaking up the marriage or he wouldn't have been cheating on his wife and throwing away his marriage vows.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't even slightly agree! He's acting like guys are known to act, but it's stupid because he has sooo much to lose.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3760908;
    I disagree. He owes us nothing. None of us are without sin. He made a poor choice and he has to pay for it. It has nothing to do with us. The only person he owes an apology to is Elin. He didn't do us wrong , he did her wrong.
    True. Very true. He doesn't owe the public an apology at all. Although I am glad he made a statement like that. But my view of him has gone down....and not just for the cheating. I personally don't want to support someone just because they play a good golf game....but because of their character as a person...a husband, a father, a man.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3760993;
    True. Very true. He doesn't owe the public an apology at all. Although I am glad he made a statement like that. But my view of him has gone down....and not just for the cheating. I personally don't want to support someone just because they play a good golf game....but because of their character as a person...a husband, a father, a man.
    The only thing this transgression has made him is human......he is still a good guy. I can tell you right now he isn't the first public figure to fall and I can tell you that there are a bunch of others out there that hasn't gotten caught.
    That is your choice to not support him but I can guarantee golf will go down should he decide not to play anymore.......when he doesn't play viewership is way down. No he isn't the be all end all of golf but let me say he has helped the game of golf more than any other I have known and the players can thank him for it.....mighty good money out there now.

I don't advocate infidelity but as a person that has been through I have great sympathy for him and his wife in this extremely difficult time. I have nothing more to say on this subject because the constant chattering about it just prolongs it more and he and his wife deserve to be left alone.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3760939;
    What do the children have to do with all this again? They were more than likely not in the room when the not-even-alleged "transgressions" maybe-or-maybe-not took place so I can't see how they could have "caught" anything.

What is really disturbing is people's relentless voyeuristic fascination with something that is none of their damn business. But the most disturbing part is the constant entitlement exhibited by the public towards celebrities to meet what they consider to be acceptable standards of morality - the most disgustingly overused word in the English dictionary - not to mention the amount of schadenfreude and hypocritical outrage that is displayed when said standards are not met.

Tiger Woods owes nothing to the public except a good golf game.
    Well stated. Just as Letterman owes the public only a good monologue.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3761003;
    The only thing this transgression has made him is human......he is still a good guy.
    Really? Seriously, does everyone feel this way? If Tiger can't be faithful to the people he loves and who love him, what makes him a good guy? And, I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment here, or poke anyone. I am truly amazed and interested in the fact that it seems most of the Tiger supporters in this discussion are women and here I am, a man (YMMV ) basically saying that a man who cheats has no integrity and isn't worth my support. What gives? Have I avoided adultery for the last 20+ years for no reason?

And does anyone else find it funny that there's an anti-celebrity gossip undercurrent in the Celebrity Gossip discussion forum?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3761020;
    Really? Seriously, does everyone feel this way? If Tiger can't be faithful to the people he loves and who love him, what makes him a good guy? And, I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment here, or poke anyone. I am truly amazed and interested in the fact that it seems most of the Tiger supporters in this discussion are women and here I am, a man (YMMV ) basically saying that a man who cheats has no integrity and isn't worth my support. What gives? Have I avoided adultery for the last 20+ years for no reason?

And does anyone else find it funny that there's an anti-celebrity gossip undercurrent in the Celebrity Gossip discussion forum?

I agree, he is not a good guy. A good guy would not have cheated, repeatedly with multiple woman, on his wife throughout her two pregnancies. What happened to the sanctity of marriage?

Like it or not, celebs/athletes/etc. have always been tabloid fodder. The Intternet, etc. just enables these stories to get spread a lot quicker now than they were in the past.
    I think Tiger should have issued a statement a lot sooner than he did. He and his PR people knew what was "going to hit the fan." They could have defused it just like Letterman did.
    Yes, in a perfect world, all celebs would be able to keep their lives private. But, that's pretty unrealistic. And, unfortunately, when it is the "fans" who buy the endorsed products/go to the golf games/etc., they want and expect a lot more from these "heroes."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread