+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fanatic

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

I guess "trangressions" is his word for being a lying, cheater.

I always knew he wasn't as great as the media made him out to be.

I hope Elin kicks him to the curb and takes a large chunk of his bank account.

Ok we can all give a sigh of relief, we know the truth...he had an affair. Time to move on.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3760890;
    FYI.... here's the full text of Tiger's apology:

Tiger comments on current events
    By Tiger Woods
    I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the
    behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal
    failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full
    extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of
    our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and
    malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the
    right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue
    of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not
    require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of
    reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.
    I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me
    over the years, I offer my profound apology.
    Good for him.
    What the hell is he apologizing for?

It's sad that he had to resort to a completely needless apology in order to appease the vultures. Hope they're all happy now that they got their pound of flesh.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3760902;
    What the hell is he apologizing for?

It's sad that he had to resort to a completely needless apology in order to appease the vultures. Hope they're all happy now that they got their pound of flesh.
    Unfortunately they will never be happy. They will keep picking away until there's nothing left but bones.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

I think he owed his supporters an apology. At least he finally manned up about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3760904;
    I think he owed his supporters an apology. At least he finally manned up about the whole thing.
    I disagree. He owes us nothing. None of us are without sin. He made a poor choice and he has to pay for it. It has nothing to do with us. The only person he owes an apology to is Elin. He didn't do us wrong , he did her wrong.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It's rather disturbing to hear so many dismissals of the affair allegations (except that they could be false). Set aside the betrayal/moral factor (unless he and his wife had "an agreement"), in this day and age, there is potential/risk for incurable STDs and debillitating, even terminal, illnesses.

And depending on the timing of the alleged "transgressions" (his words), those children could have been exposed to risks.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 12-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3760909;
    It's rather disturbing to hear so many dismissals of the affair allegations (except that they could be false). Set aside the betrayal/moral factor (unless he and his wife had "an agreement"), in this day and age, there is potential/risk for incurable STDs and debillitating, even terminal, illnesses.

And depending on the timing of the alleged "transgressions" (his words), those children could have been exposed to risks.
    Since there are several million degrees of separation sexually speaking between me and Mr. Woods, I don't see where his indiscretions are remotely my business.

What I find to be quite as morally repugnant as an individual's infidelity is the prurient interest so many have in the indiscretion in question.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3760916;
    Since there are several million degrees of separation sexually speaking between me and Mr. Woods, I don't see where his indiscretions are remotely my business.

What I find to be quite as morally repugnant as an individual's infidelity is the prurient interest so many have in the indiscretion in question.
    Yes, and until people quit buying the tabloid rags and quit watching tabloid TV, and feeding the bazillion dollar industry, it will thrive. As consumers, we vote for or against something with our dollars. I vote against.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3760923;
    Yes, and until people quit buying the tabloid rags and quit watching tabloid TV, and feeding the bazillion dollar industry, it will thrive. As consumers, we vote for or against something with our dollars. I vote against.
    Me too - I vote against. The only entertainment magazine I buy (and I only buy a copy at Christmas) is Entertainment Weekly, which devotes itself to reviews and background info on various projects, not the personal lives of those involved. At least the issues that come out around Christmas don't.

+ Reply to Thread