+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

IMO, Tiger got what he deserved. A ticket with a fine and points on his license, just like I would have gotten. Good job by the police, they didn't let him skate because of his status. Obviously there is more to this. People don't generally leave their driveway, hit a fire hydrant and run into a tree with such force that they are knocked out and have to be rescued through the back window of their upright SUV by their golf club wielding spouse. But, I doubt we'll ever know the whole story. So be it. Unfortunately, for people like me, my opinion of Tiger has dropped quite a bit just because it all seems so fishy to me. And as I said before, in the absence of a factual statement from Tiger I'm left to sift through the facts and form my own opinion of what happened. And I'm sticking with my vision of Elin, golf club in hand, chasing Tiger's SUV like T-1000 in Terminator 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3760816;
    IMO, Tiger got what he deserved. A ticket with a fine and points on his license, just like I would have gotten. Good job by the police, they didn't let him skate because of his status. Obviously there is more to this. People don't generally leave their driveway, hit a fire hydrant and run into a tree with such force that they are knocked out and have to be rescued through the back window of their upright SUV by their golf club wielding spouse. But, I doubt we'll ever know the whole story. So be it. Unfortunately, for people like me, my opinion of Tiger has dropped quite a bit just because it all seems so fishy to me. And as I said before, in the absence of a factual statement from Tiger I'm left to sift through the facts and form my own opinion of what happened. And I'm sticking with my vision of Elin, golf club in hand, chasing Tiger's SUV like T-1000 in Terminator 2.
    It is sad that one incident which Tiger is not giving the public the info they want would cause an opinion of him to diminish. There is more to Tiger that this incident.

My friend works for the local cable company and Tiger was in town for a tournament and his limo driver pulled out in front of her almost hitting her and he made the limo driver turn around and follow her to the convience store and he pulled up beside her rolled his window down and apologized to her for the incident and autographed a golf ball and gave it to her. Her not being a golf fan walked in the store and gave the ball away. It is this type of thing that makes him who he is not a crash in the middle of the night that he isn't required to tell the public what it wants. He didn't have to make the limo driver turn around because my friend didn't know who was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3760674;
    I hope all the cheating rumors turn out to be false. But if they are true in anyway then he deserves whatever his wife allegedly did to him.
    So if she had cheated on him, he would have had every right to take a golf club to her? Well that's really good news for all the lawyers out there working on behalf of abusive spouses - their clients now have a chance to get off because "s/he got what s/he deserved".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3760830;
    So if she had cheated on him, he would have had every right to take a golf club to her? Well that's really good news for all the lawyers out there working on behalf of abusive spouses - their clients now have a chance to get off because "s/he got what s/he deserved".
    I am of the mind frams that what happens with ANY "celebrity" in their PRIVATE life..is their private information. Tiger the Woods the golfer hasn't changed..the only thing that changed is that the media and all of those watching now know (or think they know) about Tiger the "man/husband"..to me that is between him his wife and family...

Sorry..but I don't think that we should be "peeking" into other peoples personal lives...I wouldn't want someone watching my every step or putting my public woes on national TV....

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3760835;
    Sorry..but I don't think that we should be "peeking" into other peoples personal lives...I wouldn't want someone watching my every step or putting my public woes on national TV....
    Nor do I, as I've posted several times above. This was in response to a post suggesting that he "got what he deserves" if he cheated on his wife. There is never any excuse for spousal abuse. Never.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

While driving my son to school, a morning show played an alleged voice mail from Tiger to a woman asking her to remove her name from her voicemail because his wife had found the the number on his phone. I don't know if it was really him or not, but why does the media feel the need to play it in the first place? IF he cheated on her, Elin is in enough pain and suffering enough humiliation as it is. I'm no fan of cheaters, but I also think this is between Tiger and his wife. If it happened, she's the one that has to decide whether to leave or stay and make it work. The media just makes that decision harder for her. Celebrity or not, this is a very personal, private matter between a man and his wife. It shouldn't be assumed that just because he's famous we have a right to know every personal detail about him. A marriage is is between two people, not 20 million.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3760835;
    I am of the mind frams that what happens with ANY "celebrity" in their PRIVATE life..is their private information. Tiger the Woods the golfer hasn't changed..the only thing that changed is that the media and all of those watching now know (or think they know) about Tiger the "man/husband"..to me that is between him his wife and family...

He deserves the right like every other human being to deal with this privately. Wonder what is wrong with the world......nosy people can't stay out of others business and keep their own doorsteps clean....JMO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3760845;
    He deserves the right like every other human being to deal with this privately. Wonder what is wrong with the world......nosy people can't stay out of others business and keep their own doorsteps clean....JMO
    It seems that some take joy in seeing a successful person stumble. Remember the ridicule Kathy Lee faced when her husband's infidelity with the flight attendant surfaced?

Here's to keeping our own doorsteps clean and lifting others up instead of tearing them down.

If the media does not tell us what is going on in "celebrities" lives what are we to gossip about? (sarcasm)
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3760782;
    Tiger would have been better off saying, "I was headed to Wal-Mart for Black Friday like everyone else." End of story!
    LOL!

"And I forgot my missus and she was just tyring to get my attention."

+ Reply to Thread