+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760554;
    Based upon...?

Usually based on observations made of the victim for example.(seeing bruises for example)

For a long time most states had statutes that only allowed the victim to make a complaint. That has changed so that now most states allow third parties like cops etc make the complaint.

This is a big turn around from the days when it was thought--and supported by laws--that "a man's home is his castle" and that the law had "no right" to interfere in what happened there.

The laws against Domestic Violence as well as child abuse are relatively new.

But some states still resist allowing the law to protect women and children.

Pretty nasty when you think about it.

(I don't have time right now to research Florida's DV laws especially as they address who can/cannnot be a complainant.)

BTW--the laws against marital rape are also very new. It was thought for a long time that "a man could not rape his wife." That it was his "right" to have sex on demand with his wife whether she consented or not. Those laws are only 20 years old.

Laws regarding marriage and families (and now including commtted relationships) are very new in terms of the history of law in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3760560;

Thats not how I feel Broadway. IMO, the situation could have been handled differently so that it DIDN'T turn into such a "news" nightmare for Tiger. It has been blown out of porportion because of it. I don't want or need to know the information.
    He's probably thinking that hind sight is 20/20 about now. Live and learn.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760478;
    While I don't think that there was abuse with a golf club, I think it could have been manually inflicted...no weapon, but fingernails and, maybe, a fist. A feeling of betrayal and being lied to could make you do crazy things.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I hope all the cheating rumors turn out to be false. But if they are true in anyway then he deserves whatever his wife allegedly did to him.
    Not talking to the police is in his family's best interest. Why should Elin get arrested (possible spousal abuse) when it was Tiger that supposedly could not keep it zipped.
    Why should his wife and kids suffer any more then already are when it was HIS alleged actions that caused the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3760560;

Thats not how I feel Broadway. IMO, the situation could have been handled differently so that it DIDN'T turn into such a "news" nightmare for Tiger. It has been blown out of porportion because of it. I don't want or need to know the information.
    Yes. Considering that a not-insignificant part of his income comes from his public persona, combined with the fact that the media will look to run with anything that people might be even mildly interested in, I'm really surprised this wasn't handled better. He can't possibly have expected to get into a car accident, the effects of which have required him to pull out of a tournament, act evasively in any way, and have the whole thing blow over. Adding insult to injury is that the tournament benefits his charity (at least, that's what I think I heard on PTI yesterday).

I mean, I don't really care what happened or why it happened, but then, I also don't have multiple millions invested in the guy.

I'm confused how a few cuts to the face would keep him from the tournament.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3760674;
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I hope all the cheating rumors turn out to be false. But if they are true in anyway then he deserves whatever his wife allegedly did to him.
    Not talking to the police is in his family's best interest. Why should Elin get arrested (possible spousal abuse) when it was Tiger that supposedly could not keep it zipped.
    Why should his wife and kids suffer any more then already are when it was HIS alleged actions that caused the problems.
    I'm not sure how "if" he cheated and at this point it is a very large "if" that gives someone the right to abuse someone physically?

Omg when the whole Chris Brown thing went down all you heard was "A man should never hit a woman" So how is it right for Tiger's wife to hit him? "If" she did? Rumors are not truth and people should be wise to remember that.

This whole thing is why Tiger tries to keep his personal life private people tend to take rumors and run wild with them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3760687;
    I'm not sure how "if" he cheated and at this point it is a very large "if" that gives someone the right to abuse someone physically?
    It absolutely doesn't! Unless someone is acting in self-defense, no one, male or female has the right to inflict injury on another.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3760680;
    I know....mind boggling But it has nothing to do with the cuts....unless they really are noticeably scratch marks. If they aren't...then I think he's just embarrassed and doesn't want to face the public. Only my opinion...of course.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3760680;
    JavaJo--hi.

Being involved in an incident in which a moving vehicle meets with a sudden immovable object can wrench the entire body without leaving one scratch.

Tiger's body is a very finely tuned "instrument" and any muscular strain would of necessity throw his whole game off.

Ask any athlete who has been in a collision if they felt it in their body for days--if not weeks.

FORT Fanatic

Tiger would have been better off saying, "I was headed to Wal-Mart for Black Friday like everyone else." End of story!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread