+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

And who would the third person be for the domestic violence complaint?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3760403;
    Broadway--hi. You say in part--

"And therefore my answer is sure, while I would like domestic assault to be investigated and prosecuted if it happened."

The Florida police say that there has been no complaint made about Domestic Violence and therefore they are not pursing that.

It sounds like Florida does not have a third-person complaint law.
    Key note.. in my post I had highlighted and bolded the "if". But I've also seen FHP interviewed today that advised that his injuries in no way indicated abuse with a golf club (as had been alleged in some reports. Heh.)

I've spoken on here many times over the years about how my sister is a victim of domestic abuse.. both physical and emotional. I'm a huge opponent and would be all over it if there was an inkling that the rumors were substantiated. But that rumor appears to have started on lovely tmz.com and I don't believe half of the crap they decide to throw out there.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

While I don't think that there was abuse with a golf club, I think it could have been manually inflicted...no weapon, but fingernails and, maybe, a fist. A feeling of betrayal and being lied to could make you do crazy things.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3759460;
    She didn't say she ran to the front door--the story was that she dragged him out the back.

But was it was the talk of the neighborhood? If not, the place where you live is unlike any I've ever seen. Around here, such an event will at minimum draw a small crowd, and it might even end up on tv if it's a slow local news day. And, I'm guessing that your neighbor isn't even a celebrity let alone as popular and well known as Tiger.

I'm still betting there's a lot more to the tale than we are hearing right now or may ever know.
    My neighbors are like me and usually work long hours and don't have time to gossip about who did what to whom? My neighbor who is a surgeon and a pretty well known one apologized for all the noise and we accepted. I will however never let him operate on me,lol. Another neighbor did call the police and was told that they don't come out and take reports on accidents on private property.

I live in an area ripe with Ballplayers for local sports teams so nothing I see surprises me. Tiger got no special treatment. I am in the Insurance industry and I can tell you single vehicle accidents are not always something sinister going down stuff happens.

As far as Tiger goes I wonder what America will say if it turns out he was covering for his wife. My son's theory is she went after him with the Golf club and instead of going all Chris Brown he acted how a real man does and just attempted to leave the situation.

I am done with this non issue and going back to setting up my home office.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think she took the golf club with her for self-protection, should she have needed it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760430;
    And who would the third person be for the domestic violence complaint?

The police or another agency for example.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3760441;
    Key note.. in my post I had highlighted and bolded the "if". But I've also seen FHP interviewed today that advised that his injuries in no way indicated abuse with a golf club (as had been alleged in some reports. Heh.)

I've spoken on here many times over the years about how my sister is a victim of domestic abuse.. both physical and emotional. I'm a huge opponent and would be all over it if there was an inkling that the rumors were substantiated. But that rumor appears to have started on lovely tmz.com and I don't believe half of the crap they decide to throw out there.

Broaway--Hi. I m sorry that happened to your sister.

I agree completely with your post. I worked with an NPO for a while that worked with DV victims so I am very much aware of the many issues--both personal and legal--involved in such situations.

BTW--for a short time I was almost admiring of TMZ and their info. But this latest "caper" has me sick to my stomach about their starting unsubstantiated and detrimental rumors.

(And I apologize if it seemed that I misunderstood or misrepresented your post. Not my intention to do so.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3760546;
    Broaway--Hi. I m sorry that happened to your sister.

I agree completely with your post. I worked with an NPO for a while that worked with DV victims so I am very much aware of the many issues--both personal and legal--involved in such situations.

BTW--for a short time I was almost admiring of TMZ and their info. But this latest "caper" has me sick to my stomach about their starting unsubstantiated and detrimental rumors.
    Yes TMZ's mouth is no prayer book. Earlier this year for 24 hours they had a blurb that Snoop Dogg's wife was dead. The woman is alive and still kicking.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3760534;
    The police or another agency for example.
    Based upon...?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3760381;
    And therefore my answer is sure, while I would like domestic assault to be investigated and prosecuted if it happened.. no, I don't think it is either your right nor my right to know the details. Tiger Woods was not being sought for domestic assault.. he was being sought for additional information about a car accident. A pretty straightforward car accident. He has paid his $164 fine and he has met his personal responsibility.

Sure, this is a PR nightmare... but that's because of the salacious nature of the press and the public's insatiable belief that they deserve to know everything. It's not his fault. He gave a statement.. what a shame it didn't give you everything you wanted to know.

Thats not how I feel Broadway. IMO, the situation could have been handled differently so that it DIDN'T turn into such a "news" nightmare for Tiger. It has been blown out of porportion because of it. I don't want or need to know the information.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread