+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Fogey

About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

It's been suggested that we start a thread here to discuss all the non-show aspects of what is being seen/heard about the Gosselin Family etc.

Today Inside Edition ran an interview with a former nanny that Jon hired after meeting her in a bar. She says they had sex the night of their first date and that's when he hired her to be the nanny who was there when he had custody of the kids.

She showed a number of text messages he sent her which were quite "steamy" and she says he told her about hacking into Kate's emails and text messages.

Also on the Jon front--Hailey Glassman--Jon's current "girlfriend"--was interviewed on ET and she says that Jon is verbally abusive and can be very difficult to be around but that she still considers him her boyfriend.

Honestly i do not know what these women see in Jon. except perhaps his money?

The former nanny says he is very good at saying the right things to women.

______________________________ _________

On a lighter note--Regis and Kelly did their many costume changes Halloween show today and they did a Gosselin skit (their theme for today was reality show "celebs") in which they fought over everything--tearing up everything to make sure each one got half. Very funny and somehow on the mark.

______________________________ ______________________________ ______

Please feel free to contribute info/interviews etc about Kate and/or Jon and/or the children etc.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-30-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

I've never really watched Jon & Kate but of course it's hard to avoid them now. But, I have a hard time feeling sorry for these women. I saw Haley's interview on The Insider where she was talking about all the horrible things being said/printed about her (among talking about her issues with Jon). I can't help but roll my eyes, because what did she expect when she got involved with Jon? Especially before he and Kate even had their "big reveal" episode. They're all as fame hungry as Jon and Kate. Jon and Kate don't want to take the high road and keep their personal lives and divorce private. Who would print anything if they weren't mud slinging? And now Jon, the other Kate, Haley, and the nanny will all cash in, too. Hopefully it's all worth it for them in the end.

But my heart still goes out for the kids.

And I heard the octo-mom has a crush on Jon and that the producers of Cheaters considered developing a reality show for the two. Both octomom and Jon deny us, but lord help us.

FORT Fogey

On ET tonight it was said that Jon has been talking with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach ("rabbi to the stars")--who has advised Jon to stop dating because even though he abnd Kate are separated "they are still married."

I kind of doubt that Jon wil follow this sage advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3739971;
    On ET tonight it was said that Jon has been talking with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach ("rabbi to the stars")--who has advised Jon to stop dating because even though he abnd Kate are separated "they are still married."

I kind of doubt that Jon wil follow this sage advice.
    Well, duh.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I have a hard time feeling sorry for these women. I saw Haley's interview on The Insider where she was talking about all the horrible things being said/printed about her (among talking about her issues with Jon). I can't help but roll my eyes, because what did she expect when she got involved with Jon? Especially before he and Kate even had their "big reveal" episode. They're all as fame hungry as Jon and Kate.
    Both Stephanie S., the "tell all" babysitter, and Hailey are just as much famewhores as Jon and Kate. Both of these women have questionable motives for staying in the spotlight. Stephanie is a self-described wannabe model, who says on her web site she would do nude modeling. Hailey wanted to participate in developing the kids' fashion line that Jon was supposedly developing with Christian A., for Ed Hardy. Now that both of them realize they won't get what they really wanted from Jon, they're milking whatever attention they can still get for as much $$ as they can. I don't feel sorry for Jon, since he had no business running after these women, but I also don't feel sorry for these women. They're both young, 20-something women who could be pursuing their own careers, rather than choosing to involve themselves in this sordid mess just for the publicity.

FORT Fogey

There might be a difference between Jon who has been the object of public attention--by his own choice--for some years now--and a young person who has no idea what they're getting into and is only trying to find a job.

Not that I think a 20 year old who is having an affair with a married man is "blameless"--but enticing them into that kind of situation should be laid squarely on the shoulder s of the one who is knowingly doing the enticing.

Why was Jon engaging in extra-marital sex with the nanny of his children--and in the vicinity of his childen?

How much more low and loathesome can he get?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The only people that I feel sorry for in all of this, who I think are the real innocent victims, are the kids. Everyone is getting money and attention thanks to them, and those poor kids are probably going to be left broke, emotionally and psychologically scarred through all of this. Kate's kidding herself if she thinks that the kids don't know what's going on or what's being said in the tabloids about them. I watch Showbiz Tonight and of course they cover something about these two every night. E-mails and phone calls that come in either rip them apart or say they feel sorry for one or the other. Jon and Kate brought this on themselves and they want to keep the media spotlight on them at no cost. It's why Jon won't keep his latest publicity stunt (I mean spiritiual quest) silent. Jon couldn't even give a decent answer when asked why he won't keep the divorce matters private and why he needs to be out mudslinging Kate. And now all of Jon's women are getting rich off his kids simply because he can't keep it in his pants. But Hailey still loves him, she'll go back with him, then she'll do another interview ripping him apart, but say she loves him, go back, and so forth and so on. So she deserves what she gets and what gets said about her.

I don't care much for Nancy Grace, but I loved how she ripped into Jon on The Insider when she sat in He needs someone like that to cut him down to size, not pity him, and not throw soft ball questions at him.

FORT Fogey

Karalott--hi. I didn't know this until recently but Rabbi Shmuley Boteach is also an author of spiritual books--and he has been a spiritual advisor to such people as Michael Jackson.

He really does seem to have some good sound advice for his.....clients?....like Jon--telling him not to date now--but at the same time it's hard to know who is benefitting in what ways from being in the public eye so often.

BTW--I completely agree with you about the children being the ones who suffer the most in all of this.

______________________________ ______________________________ ___________________________

For anyone who is interested in Rabbi Shmuley's books and ideas--Wikipedia has an extensive article on him including the fact that he writes columns for newspapers and is on the radio. He calls himself "America's Rabbi."

He first came to public attention with his book "Kosher Sex" and has an extensive list of books relating to spiritual ideas and marriage etc. I have not read any of his work so I can't give an opinion on it. I do agree with his admonitiuon that Jon should not be engaging in his current hijinks.

(And from what I've read about him he does not seem to be trying to convert anyone but to bring alternate ideas about how to live a more spiritual life in our current society.)

Shmuley Boteach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-31-2009 at 04:23 PM.

FORT Newbie

No did you see that he is charging $25.00 to see him tell Jon to not date Hailey and to ask for forgiveness...all this is just a publicity stunt if you ask me....and glad you opened this thread Wind Dancer.
    Does it seem strange to anyone other than myself that when Jon and Kate Split , he went straight to Kate's tummy tuck Dr. I think there's more to Jon and Hailey than we really know.
    Last edited by Elainesc5; 10-31-2009 at 10:42 PM.

I'm curious... why do we care?

I mean I'm not immune to following gossip, but that's usually gossip about INTERESTING people. These folks? I just don't get it. Why does ANYONE care?

I know its weird for a Reality TV board, but I've never gotten why certain Reality TV people have fame OUTSIDE of those shows. Or why stomach churning shows like The Insider or Inside Edition actually PAY people who encounter these pseudo-stars for interviews ABOUT them.

I can kind of "give" on someone like Dinah Lohan or Lynne Spears, because reading about them is actually like a funhouse mirror reflection of reading about their daughters. But Jon and Kate? Lord. Why? Even as a trainwreck, they aren't that amusing.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 123456789101151 ... LastLast