+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

This rabbi, coincidentally, used to have his own TLC show a few years back. It was called Shalom in the Home. I think he went in to people's houses and tried to mend family/marital problems. Don't really recall how long ago it aired on TLC or how long it was on TV. Maybe one "season"???

OMG, MamaC, thanks for posting that.
    I had never heard of this show. The title almost made me spew water all over the monitor. That's got to be the funniest name ever.
    Wind,
    I'm pasting in what I found about the show on Wikipedia.
    Looks like the man also appeared on Oprah way back when.
    Seems the show took a hiatus in 2008, but it now shows weekly on Wednesdays on TLC.

Shalom in the Home is a weekly one-hour prime-time program that helps families overcome their most difficult problems. Rabbi Shmuley Boteach provides insight into relationships, marriage and parenting. In each episode he works with one family for ten days to help them come to terms with their problems and find the skills they need to improve.

After driving up to each house in an airstream trailer equipped with television monitors, cameras are installed, capturing footage of the family's dynamics. Rabbi Boteach brings the parents into the trailer, which is "neutral territory," shows them the footage, and gently confronts them about the family's dysfunction in the hopes of shocking them into change. Other techniques he uses include: having family members wear earpieces so that Rabbi Boteach can encourage positive, healthy interactions, and discourage negative, dysfunctional behaviors; and taking the family on an outdoors outing or activity.

Rabbi Shmuley has appeared twice alongside families from the series on the Oprah television chat show to discuss common family problems and how to solve them.

A second season of the series began on Sunday, March 4, 2007 at 7pm.[1]. Shalom in the Home did not air in 2008.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

MamaC and Noreality--thanks so much!--now this is ringing a bell. I don't have cable but I must have seen him on Oprah etc talking about his show--because I remember that it struck me as wacky.

At the time I thnk I had him confused with the rabbi who wrote the book titled "When Bad Things Happen To Good People."

Well I won't confuse him with that learned and wise man anymore.

I wonder who he is going to intrude upon after he finishes with Jon?

And how much he'll sell the Jon "private" tapes for....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm still waiting for Dr. Phil to get involved in this. I'm shocked he hasn't, but maybe even this is too much of a train wreck for him. Anyway, this rabbi seems like just another person riding the money train of the 8 kids.

FORT Fogey

It was nice and quiet on the big "G" home front for the last week. No cameras sneaking photos of the little ones.
    But alas, "I want my privacy" aka Jon has returned to the kids home and the paps are ON the property snapping away and plastering the kids photos on line.
    I guess he DOES have legal fees to pay and with no honest income he resorts to selling his kids. LOSER!

FORT Fogey

One of the entertainment news shows had a brief report last night about the TLC lawsuit against Jon. It seems that the TLC's advertisers were very upset with Jon's behavior--his running around and dating young women etc--which they felt was making their products look bad.

It's--according to the entertainment news report--the advertisers that are behind the TLC breach of contract lawsuit.

Supposedly the legal docs have been made public. I haven't tried to find them yet.

If anyone finds them would you post a link here?
    Thanks.

FORT Newbie

Google---Jon Gosselin TLC contract...will come in adobe reader. It was on Radar.com i think

Kao

Gawker might have it as well; they tend to have all sorts of things!

On other news, Jon was photographed doing yoga this weekend. To show that he is a "changed man" seeking inner peace, you know. ~_^

Calling the paps everytime you venture outside of your house isn't exactly "wanting your privacy respected" Jon. >.>

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that Jon is one of the most unmanly men I've ever seen.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

« The latest sign of the impending ap...

Print Share - + November 9, 2009
    Fox411 Exclusive: Hailey's Parents Beg Jon to Dump Her

It looks like Jon Gosselin may have lost yet another fan or two as girlfriend Hailey Glassman’s parents are begging the embattled reality dad to dump their daughter because he is “ruining her life.”

The shocking news came in the form of a phone call Jon received last week from Hailey’s parents, former friends of the father of eight.

“The Glassman's asked Jon to dump Hailey,” a source told Fox411. “They want him to break up with her and let her go. They feel like being with Jon is ruining her life. Her parents tried to appeal to Jon's compassionate side and said that if he would just break up with her, they would handle the aftermath and help her through it."

The Glassmans are worried for Hailey's prolonged time under the microscope. "It will be difficult for her to get a job and have a normal life after all of this and they don't imagine Jon and Hailey together forever. Hailey's parents are desperate to get her out of the limelight and hoped that Jon would listen, but they are still dating. Jon is going through so much right now with the divorce and the TLC trial, he couldn't end it with Hailey. She is one of the few people left in his life he can trust. Jon is not in a place he could selflessly let her go."

And as the drama of his love life rolls on, Jon is gearing up for his TLC trial over the next 3 weeks.

"Jon is very nervous now that he sees his entire trusted team and Michael Lohan being called on to testify,” the source close to Jon tells 411. “Michael was key in getting him to shut down Kate Plus 8, he visited Jon and pushed hard for Jon to hear his views on blocking Kate from getting the kids on a continued show. Jon regrets forming a strong bond with Michael and trusting him so easily. Jon is worried about what Michael will say on the stand. Jon is under more pressure and stress than he imagined with the trial looming."

FOX 411
    Editor
    Tags
    Entertainment, News & Gossip, TV, Hailey Glassman, Jon Gosselin

+ Reply to Thread