+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3743881;
    I think I'm done w/Jon & Kate & Hailey & whomever else they decide to bring into their group. I get tired of publicity stunts (ie Levi Johnston, too) and crap done/said just to keep themselves in the public's eye. It would be nice if the regular news (Abc,Cbs, Nbc, Cnn, Fox, etc) would start to ignore the crap and just report on the news, except when they do their "lighter side of the news". Don't cater to the news whor** any more! Enough is enough!
    I agree! Their "15 minutes" is DONE. Enough.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

I watched ET last night and again was very confused by what Jon and Hailey were supposedly saying about their relationship.

Which leads me to believe even more strongly that all this "Our relationship must end" stuff is a ploy for further publicity.

I got interested in the whole J/K situation because of the legal issues invovled and will be keeping track of those.

But trying to make sense out of two apparent emotional adolescents isn't really of interest to me.

I think ET will get the message to stop "featuring" these two when they realize how many people--those of us on this thread included--are tuning it all out and changing the channel.

BTW--in my opinion it is always a BIG clue about a man's emotional maturity--or lack of it--when he goes from a relationship with a women his own age to one with a women much younger who in a different stage of her life emotionally.

I get the feeling that Hailey is doing this for publicity--but I can't help feeling sorry for her anyway.

Also--isn't it conveeenient that Jon just happened to find his "soulmate" so quickly and so conveeentiently at his doctor's office within weeks of separating from his wife?

FORT Newbie

Yea she does do a victim in this stunt justic don't she.At times i felt alittle sorry for her too, but then you watch her and Jon all the time, they seem to have a secret between them. She keeps looking for the camera ,so they can get the pity me pose just right.The one's that really need out support are the children,no matter what i think Kate really does have their best interest at heart.Whether it be for them to be on tv or just her, i think everything will work out for them.

FORT Fogey

A note about the rabbi who is supposedly giving Jon "spiritual guidance."

Welll--Bonnie Hunt just showed Rabbi Shmuley's website and he has for sale the PRIVATE tapes of him giving Michael Jackson spiritual counselling.

What a crock.

Now I don't havfe to even pretend to treat Shmuely with respect......

FORT Fogey

And Bonnie also showed a bit of Jon's talk with the rabbi in which Jon is saying how he is "really a private person."

Uh-huh....

(I apologize for not getting back in time to fix the typos in my above post.)

I know this thread is more for discussing things outside the show, but I saw where the next TLC episode will feature Kate counting down the viewers' favorite memories. Just looking over the "favorite moments poll" (most memorable meltdown, biggest blow-up, etc.) was sad enough... I can't imagine the actual countdown presented by Kate - "The show must go on!"
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3744139;
    I know this thread is more for discussing things outside the show, but I saw where the next TLC episode will feature Kate counting down the viewers' favorite memories. Just looking over the "favorite moments poll" (most memorable meltdown, biggest blow-up, etc.) was sad enough... I can't imagine the actual countdown presented by Kate - "The show must go on!"

At this stage, I think the show should just quietly end.

FORT Fogey

Tapper--I'm with you on that.

Get the kids out of camera range and let Jon loose so he can ruin his life all by himself.

That extended ET Jon/Hailey trainwreck of an interview did it for me. I'll look for and post additonal info on the various legal situations but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744076;
    A note about the rabbi who is supposedly giving Jon "spiritual guidance."

Welll--Bonnie Hunt just showed Rabbi Shmuley's website and he has for sale the PRIVATE tapes of him giving Michael Jackson spiritual counselling.

What a crock.

Now I don't havfe to even pretend to treat Shmuely with respect......
    Wind,

In the aftermath of MJ's death, Schmuley was all over the news giving interviews and hawking his spiritual guidance. He seemed like a snake oil salesman at that time, too, trying to cash in on someone's death.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Noreality--hi. I remember seeing him then too. I hadn't heard anything about him previously and I guess I was giving him he benfit of gthe doub hen.

But when I szaw how public he was with all the Jon "counselling"--and then seeing that he is selling the tapes of private counselling sessions with Michael--well that jsut did it for me.

I guess I was too forgiving at first.

I have to say that his name/face ring a bell for me but I don't know why. As though he had perhaps come out of the woodwork before (I mean before Michael's death) during a similar very public celeb situation--but I can't find any references to anything other than his Michael Jackson work.

Maybe he's been on Oprah or something like that?

I don't watch her often enough to know....

+ Reply to Thread