+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Fogey

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Did anyone else see ET last night? that was really confusing. It looked like Jon was breaking up wit Hailey on the air. There's going to be more from their interview on tonight's show.

Jon seems to act around women as though he is a teenaged boy who is dating for the first time. Hailey--who is 10 (?) years younger than he is sounds a lot more level-headed. I am getting very bored by his childish antics.

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3743239;
    Did anyone else see ET last night? that was really confusing. It looked like Jon was breaking up wit Hailey on the air. There's going to be more from their interview on tonight's show.

Jon seems to act around women as though he is a teenaged boy who is dating for the first time. Hailey--who is 10 (?) years younger than he is sounds a lot more level-headed. I am getting very bored by his childish antics.

I watched it online this morning. I was just confused by the whole thing. He seems very immature and almost, I don't know...out of it, not quite right, or something. He is so inconsistent from one day to the next. He says one thing and does another. I actually am a little worried about his emotional health. He doesn't seem stable.

Hailey seems like a young women who is confused and torn. I think she wants out, but she loves him and doesn't want to hurt him. And then again, I could be totally wrong, and it could all be an act...who knows?

I was never a real regular viewer of the show. I liked both Kate and Jon at first. (and of course, I loved the kids) I liked Kate's wit and I admired her organizational skills and her drive. When I saw some of the later shows, I was put off by her disrespect towards her husband and really didn't care much for her behavior at all. After all the drama broke and Jon's behavior just began to reveal his true nature, I wonder if she was not just living in a constant state of frustration.

I still don't condone Kate's nastiness toward Jon, but I am willing to cut her some slack now, after seeing more of Jon's personality. I think she has faltered a few times, but overall, I think she has handled all of this in a pretty mature and gracious manner these past few months. There is really nothing she has done or said during this seperation drama that will be too awful when her kids google her some day. Poor Jon...It is a different story for him. He can never take any of that behavior back. It is out there forever in cyber space. I actually feel bad for him.

I think they both love their kids. I think Jon is more the "fun" "I want to be my kids’ friend" kind of parent, while I think Kate has always had to be the responsible one. I think it really may have been like having 9 kids for her. I really hope Jon is sincere in wanting to straighten up his act and start over. I think he is so far out there, but I truly hope he can find his way back. I wish they could move past it and restore some sort of healthy relationship for the sake of their precious kids. It is a shame Kate wouldn’t at least try counseling. Truly a shame.

I wish the best for all of them.

FORT Fogey

Luv2Lurk--Hi and thanks for that feedback. I feel better knowing it wasn't just me.

Maybe we were confused because they are't really breaking up but are trying to pull some sort of scam on the public.

Someone posted above somewhere from Perez Hilton who has declared that all of this from Jon is mostly scamming.

Hard to know but I think that it might explain why we're confused. We're getting one message from what they say and perhaps a different message from their body language and energy.

Jon is a "Manchild", hence the "mantrums" that Hailey has referred to, etc. I think he is emotionally at the stage of a teenager, but unfortunately he's in his early 30's with 8 children.

He needs to grow up now and stop acting like a child. He owes that much to his children.

As for Kate's brother and sister-in-law, they have sold their story as far as I understand it, so I wouldn't trust them either.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3743291;
    As for Kate's brother and sister-in-law, they have sold their story as far as I understand it, so I wouldn't trust them either.
    Your point is valid but, IMO it isn't limited to the brother and sister-in-law. Jon & Kate sold their story (and their kids' story), Jon sells everything, Kate out right said she would continue to sell her story and her kids' stories if it was possible. The point here is that money is the driving force behind all of these people and none of them are deserving of our trust. Kate can cry us a river and say there is no other way for her to support her family, but I can't believe the only choices are privacy and poverty or public lives and over-the-top wealth. Jon can continue to talk about becoming a better person but until he quits selling tickets to his discussions with spiritual leaders and stealing money from his kids its all a crock. The kids, well, they were doomed in the tube and I fear they will suffer, to some degree, the same fate as most child stars unless those in their lives that are supposed to protect them get their act together and focus on what's best for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3743291;
    Jon is a "Manchild", hence the "mantrums" that Hailey has referred to, etc.
    I have to say that I really dislike the term "mantrums". That implies that tantrums are the sole province of women and should a man go ahead and have one, a new word must be coined to describe it. Totally not the case - I have seen many men throwing tantrums over the years. Certainly no fewer than the female tantrums I've seen.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

Hi Wind Dancer...I also saw the skit That Jon and Hailey put on, on Entertainment Tonight...They both are sickening to me, they (Jon & Hailey) continue to tell lie after lie...What's this world coming to.Every time Jon opens his mouth lies come out. I really don't think he thinks of his children or would have not been talking to the paps while Mady and Cara were in the car so close they could hear every word that was said..It's so sad for these children.

The cynic in me wonders too if Jon and Hayley are putting on a show to get the Heene's (balloon people) out of the spotlight and get it back on them. I've started changing the channel when they come on.

Message to Jon and Hayley: Your fifteen minutes of fame are almost over people! Deal with it!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I have several issues with Jon and Hayley. First, I don't think that neither Jon nor Hayley have the smarts to pull off a show like this (or "skit" ). We may be giving both of them too much credit. I think Jon believes what he is saying at the time - but can't seem to act on his statements. It's like there's someone in his ear telling him what to say. The voices, maybe?

I also think he picked Hayley because she is somewhat like Kate. It's probably all he knows. It seems she is in control of the relationship - but she's only 22 and doesn't have enough life experience to know that Jon's not going to change. (Don't get me wrong, I believe people can change, but I don't think they do change.) Jon will never grow up. It's almost as though Little Girl Lost can't get away from him because she is afraid. Afraid of what? I don't know....I mean, I don't think she feels physically threatened. She's really setting herself up for the future. If her parents can't see that - they aren't as smart as they put on.

Oh, and by the way....Jon has kids?

I think I'm done w/Jon & Kate & Hailey & whomever else they decide to bring into their group. I get tired of publicity stunts (ie Levi Johnston, too) and crap done/said just to keep themselves in the public's eye. It would be nice if the regular news (Abc,Cbs, Nbc, Cnn, Fox, etc) would start to ignore the crap and just report on the news, except when they do their "lighter side of the news". Don't cater to the news whor** any more! Enough is enough!

+ Reply to Thread