+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Oh, I'm sure her kids love her. That doesn't mean she is or ever was a good mom or person. I guess to understand why some hate her so much, you need to go back and do some reading and youtube watching about her. If it's still there. Used to be a series of videos called "Ugly Moments" taken from J&K+8, and trust me, it only showed part of what was right out there to see about how she treated her family. Aunt Jodi also came forward later on to let people know how the show was done, the lies, the greed, etc. She's a true blue famewhore, straight up, and it's been suggested (believably, in my opinion) that she deliberately went for multiples. They were shopping for freebies and television shows before the kids were even born. And she probably pays somebody to do her nighttime tooth grinding, since she does almost nothing herself when it comes to work.
    tapper01 likes this.

It doesn't mean she is a bad mom either .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No, but she hasn't exactly appeared to be a good one on her shows, and others have said that she wasn't. I don't know of course, nobody really does, or at least anybody who will talk much about it. All we have is observation I guess, and my guess would be she never has been a good mom to those kids, except possibly when they were very tiny. They were more marketable then too.
    Florimel, libgirl2, chrisg and 1 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not knowing the woman personally, I will reserve judgment. I have no idea what kind of life she's lived, so I don't know what it might be like to walk a mile in her shoes. And, even if people seem to be rotton apples, can't they change as time goes by? Most do!

Lord knows....I have.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Who knows if Kate has changed? I mean, I think by now few would believe she really had, which is unfortunate if she has. As for judging her, I guess we come up in here and judge people all the time, lol. It's not a good idea to put your life out there for all to see if you don't want to be judged or talked about. Especially if you decide to behave badly right on your own show, which Kate has.

While I generally agree with sentiments about mothers generally tending to love their children and people usually generally having the ability to change, there happens to be a pretty copious volume of very detailed facts publicly available in this specific instance – many of which are cited and sourced in this thread as well as the show threads about the Gosselins (And I know that because I have posted some of them as have Tapper and lilymax). And those facts lean heavily in the direction of an evidence-based conclusion regarding the exploitation of the Gosselin children – an exploitation that was pretty evidently encouraged by their own mother along with, at times, other willing parties.

And those facts include the mind blowingly high number of episodes those very minor children worked on in an incredibly short period of time as well as an investigation by the PA Department of Labor in which Kate had relatives whom testified against her and TLC as well as calls by national groups for child labor laws to be extended and new ones enacted for minor children on reality shows when the facts regarding the filming of the Gosselin children were closely examined by groups who strive to protect innocent children when their parents fail to do so. To make a long story short for anyone unfamiliar with the background, eventually -- due at least in part to this public outcry, I believe -- the Jon-Kate/TLC exploitation pact finally came to an end.

And, unfortunately, it is pretty clear that it did not end even partly due to any change of heart by their exploitative mother who, after the show was cancelled, gave interviews apparently trying to manipulate the public by claiming that the kids missed filming desperately. And, sure, they probably did miss it because that exploited way of life was pretty much all that they knew. Sadly, the last I heard specifically of the kids was that two of sextuplets were in the process of being expelled from their school for behavioral problems. Oh, and I also heard that their exploitative mother is back to shoving those children in front of television cameras. Yet Again.
    Florimel and ness like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    While I generally agree with sentiments about mothers generally tending to love their children and people usually generally having the ability to change, there happens to be a pretty copious volume of very detailed facts publicly available in this specific instance – many of which are cited and sourced in this thread as well as the show threads about the Gosselins (And I know that because I have posted some of them as have Tapper and lilymax). And those facts lean heavily in the direction of an evidence-based conclusion regarding the exploitation of the Gosselin children – an exploitation that was pretty evidently encouraged by their own mother along with, at times, other willing parties.

And those facts include the mind blowingly high number of episodes those very minor children worked on in an incredibly short period of time as well as an investigation by the PA Department of Labor in which Kate had relatives whom testified against her and TLC as well as calls by national groups for child labor laws to be extended and new ones enacted for minor children on reality shows when the facts regarding the filming of the Gosselin children were closely examined by groups who strive to protect innocent children when their parents fail to do so. To make a long story short for anyone unfamiliar with the background, eventually -- due at least in part to this public outcry, I believe -- the Jon-Kate/TLC exploitation pact finally came to an end.

And, unfortunately, it is pretty clear that it did not end even partly due to any change of heart by their exploitative mother who, after the show was cancelled, gave interviews apparently trying to manipulate the public by claiming that the kids missed filming desperately. And, sure, they probably did miss it because that exploited way of life was pretty much all that they knew. Sadly, the last I heard specifically of the kids was that two of sextuplets were in the process of being expelled from their school for behavioral problems. Oh, and I also heard that their exploitative mother is back to shoving those children in front of television cameras. Yet Again.
    Very well-stated, thorough post.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Thanks...I couldn't remember all of that at the time I posted but you said it very well. Remembering it all again makes me feel sorry for those kids all over again.

Karma I love it!

Her "fantastically wonderful cookbook" has sold about 10 copies for preorder and after 3 days the price has been slashed in half. I mean who wouldn't want to get those wonderful gastric inducing dishes?

She is also endorsing bullyville outing real names and calling peoples work numbers.
    karalott and bee stung lips like this.

FORT Fogey

I turned on the "Steven and Chris Show" in progress. There was a blond woman doing a food preparation demonstration. She was preparing avocados with lemon juice and garlic. I didn't recognize the woman. They then showed a closeup of her face: she looked scary. Her face was blank, devoid of expression. When she started tallking about her twins, and said that one of them was named Mady, I realized that was Kate Gosselin. I think Kate Gosselin is a narcissist. I changed the channel.

Jon once said that he only wanted two kids.
    bee stung lips likes this.

+ Reply to Thread