+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3742143;
    Didn't her brother and sister-in-law do some interviews on tv that were very critical of her?

Wouldn't that mean they separated themselves from her while making a buck off of her problems?
    Wow, no, no, no. If you watch the earlier seasons, they were a part of the show - unpaid, just regulars when Kate needed someone to watch the kids or to celebrate a holiday. Jodi is one of those people that is really good with little kids and she would have the kids cooking in her kitchen, something that Kate would never allow because it was too messy. Overall though, you just saw that the aunt and uncle were not just in name, they really love those kids.

Then they just stopped being on the show, and it took a little while before the rumors started leaking out, which has been confirmed from different directions...

It turns out that they were a part of the show so much that TLC decided they were going to start paying them and making them official regulars of the show. Kate flipped out and said the only people who could make money off their kids was her. Jodi and Kevin didn't know about this apparently, and went on being on the show unpaid.

Then the offer was made again after another season, and Kate cut them out of her life entirely. As for interviews with the media, Jodi and Kevin did not do that until this spring when the marriage was breaking up and it was painfully visible on the show. Until then, there were rumors on blogs about why the split happened and what Kate was like behind the scenes, but Jodi and Kevin didn't speak out until this past spring when it was all falling apart to the kids' detriment, and they were calling for and end to the show for the kids' sake.

Nobody is an angel in this whole mess. Perhaps they didn't feel like they would get any attention unless they did a big televised interview? But Kate has a consistent history of cutting off family, not the other way around. There was a link to a blog in the last thread written by a neighborhood local by their old house. He pointed out that Kate's dad, a pastor, had organized lots of help for them through his church but that Kate did things like rejected the donated cribs because they didn't match. My understanding is that Kate is estranged from that part of her family now, too.

Orphan. Cry me a river.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Does anyone actually think Kate could support eight kids on a nurse's salary? The daycare alone would be astronomical. I'm a single mom of three, including a set of twins and I'm a teacher. I cannot even imagine having eight kids and getting them ready for school in the mornings alone. Yikes! And who cares how she dresses? She's entitled to look however she wants as are we all. I'm astounded by the level of pettiness towards the woman. Whatever happened to compassion? Yes, she's on a reality show, she didn't do that by herself and she could hardly have foreseen the results. Yes, she has help - so what? Anyone that has eight kids probably has some kind of help, family or otherwise. I also noticed she didn't say why she and her family "separated", she said they disapproved of some of her decisions before the show even started to air. How do we know what that was? It could have been over the in vitro for all we know as she did say they were religious and that's an issue for some churches.

Maybe it's Kate and Octomom who should "get together" (rather than Jon and Octo). Kate could be the director of the nursing care of the 22 kids (and their eventual offspring); Octo could handle the mega-shopping and PR. And the kids could just run rampant and someday write their memoirs for $$$.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3742152;
    Wow, no, no, no. If you watch the earlier seasons, they were a part of the show - unpaid, just regulars when Kate needed someone to watch the kids or to celebrate a holiday. Jodi is one of those people that is really good with little kids and she would have the kids cooking in her kitchen, something that Kate would never allow because it was too messy. Overall though, you just saw that the aunt and uncle were not just in name, they really love those kids.

Then they just stopped being on the show, and it took a little while before the rumors started leaking out, which has been confirmed from different directions...

It turns out that they were a part of the show so much that TLC decided they were going to start paying them and making them official regulars of the show. Kate flipped out and said the only people who could make money off their kids was her. Jodi and Kevin didn't know about this apparently, and went on being on the show unpaid.

Then the offer was made again after another season, and Kate cut them out of her life entirely. As for interviews with the media, Jodi and Kevin did not do that until this spring when the marriage was breaking up and it was painfully visible on the show. Until then, there were rumors on blogs about why the split happened and what Kate was like behind the scenes, but Jodi and Kevin didn't speak out until this past spring when it was all falling apart to the kids' detriment, and they were calling for and end to the show for the kids' sake.

Nobody is an angel in this whole mess. Perhaps they didn't feel like they would get any attention unless they did a big televised interview? But Kate has a consistent history of cutting off family, not the other way around. There was a link to a blog in the last thread written by a neighborhood local by their old house. He pointed out that Kate's dad, a pastor, had organized lots of help for them through his church but that Kate did things like rejected the donated cribs because they didn't match. My understanding is that Kate is estranged from that part of her family now, too.

Orphan. Cry me a river.

Hepcat--hi. I'm not disagreeing with you--but weren't her brother and sister-in-law on a variety of morning news shows in the past few months criticizing her?

Maybe I'm confusing them with someone else? But I thought those were her sibs.

Thanks for info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3742153;
    Does anyone actually think Kate could support eight kids on a nurse's salary? The daycare alone would be astronomical. I'm a single mom of three, including a set of twins and I'm a teacher. I cannot even imagine having eight kids and getting them ready for school in the mornings alone. Yikes! And who cares how she dresses? She's entitled to look however she wants as are we all. I'm astounded by the level of pettiness towards the woman. Whatever happened to compassion? Yes, she's on a reality show, she didn't do that by herself and she could hardly have foreseen the results. Yes, she has help - so what? Anyone that has eight kids probably has some kind of help, family or otherwise. I also noticed she didn't say why she and her family "separated", she said they disapproved of some of her decisions before the show even started to air. How do we know what that was? It could have been over the in vitro for all we know as she did say they were religious and that's an issue for some churches.
    You know how she could have prevented all this trouble in her life? By not having eight kids. When people behave like well-publicized morons of their own volition (and that includes being a biped, yet spawning a litter), they are just going to have to be prepared for the flack they're going to receive. I have absolutely no compassion for her, her ex, or her ex's girlfriend.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3742175;
    Hepcat--hi. I'm not disagreeing with you--but weren't her brother and sister-in-law on a variety of morning news shows in the past few months criticizing her?

Maybe I'm confusing them with someone else? But I thought those were her sibs.

Thanks for info on this.
    Yes, but you said they separated themselves from her when it's the opposite. Kate cut them out of her kids' life. She's done it with other friends and relatives, and it fits right into her pattern.

This might be one of those things where you had to have seen the show. They clearly doted on the kids and dove right in to take care of them whenever Kate allowed it.

The interviews they gave called on the Gosselins to stop the show, and I can only speculate that they did this because Kate wasn't talking to them privately any more. I don't think it was the best move on their part at that time. But on the other hand, now that all hell has broken loose, Jon is openly breaking marriage vows, etc. some of the stuff they said is very interesting. It sounded crazy back then but now Jodi saying that the crew came to her expressing doubts about the morality of filming the Gosselin children - well, it doesn't sound so far-fetched any more.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

Hepcat--hi. Thanks so much for the additional info.

FORT Newbie

Well it doesn't matter who said what now, does it? Jodie is getting on the tube now just like she wanted to, seems to me her husband(Kate's brother) don't say to much. I really do think Jodi was just jealous of everything Kate's children got to do and hers didn't.Kates interview was so intense...i really felt bad for her and to think Jon even has to poke holes in this is beyond me.He just needs Hailey up his B--. OOPS, he already does don't he.

Kate did NOT have in vitro. She did IUI or whatever it is called (Intrauterine insemination). She had hyper-stimulated ovaries and was told by her doctor that she would have to skip that month....due to the overwhelming odds that a "litter" was possible. Did Kate listen? HA! I wouldn't be surprised if she went home right after that appointment and did the deed with an unsuspecting Jon.

The whole infertility issue is debatable with these two. For a nurse working in OB/Gyn, Kate knew all about procedures and drugs. For a young woman to claim to have PCOS and start procedures shortly after she and Jon married, also seems suspect. They started trying to have children shortly after they married. A little over a year later, the twins are born. A year later, she is ready for more. Why did she not go back to the original doctor who helped her have the twins? Could it be that he would not go along with her wishes? Who knows. But the fact that her ovaries were hyper-stimulated and she was advised not to do anything, yet did, is well documented by Kate herself on the show (one of the first two documentaries) and in the book that Beth Carlson wrote.

Another thing to think about regarding the whole infertility issue is this.....Kate sure was lucky that within one year of infertility procedures she ends up with twins. Within four years, she is a mother of 8. What are the odds?

Another thing I find interesting is that after the tups were born, Jon claims he had a vasectomy. Hmmmmm. Infertile???? I have a hard time believing she ever had a fertility issue.
    Last edited by Critical; 11-03-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Kate is a lying fame whore who will do anything to anyone to get what she wants.

She says the kids can get things when they get jobs? HELLOOOOOOOOOOO they have jobs. If it were not for the adorable little faces, Kate wouldn't be living in a mansion, getting spa treatments and french nails and freebie trips...

She makes me sick

Kevin and Jodie were not into making money for themselves, they want the best for those kids

+ Reply to Thread