+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

I love this quote from the article link you posted, MizDaisy:

"The cruise was cancelled because it didn't sell well enough and all those who booked the trip will get a 100 percent refund, the spokeswoman for for Alice Travel which arranged the trip said. She added that Kate was "very disappointed" and planned to contact all the people who had bought tickets personally."

So, after she's spent 4 minutes calling everyone who bought tickets, she'll have plenty of time left in her day to go to the gym and tanning salon, then get a mani/pedi. LOL.

I was watching the CruiseCritic.com discussion board on this cruise. The folks who were on the ship (not part of Kate's group) mentioned it in passing today. They were all laughing about the fact that there was so little interest in spending money to spend time with her. The bookings will probably go way up for the cruise, now that people know they won't have to deal with her.

I wonder if there's ANY chance that Kate will ever see that the clock has stopped on her 15 minutes.
    dzigner and mushybrain like this.

Looks like her 15 minutes are up.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

So, after she's spent 4 minutes calling everyone who bought tickets, she'll have plenty of time left in her day to go to the gym and tanning salon, then get a mani/pedi. LOL.

I don't know if this woman will ever concede that her 15 minutes are up. The fact that she couldn't persuade at least 30 of her thousands of Twitter followers to spend money on expensive cruise tickets just means she needs to rethink her marketing strategy. Instead of high-end cruises, think guest appearances for Chuck-E-Cheez, a more affordable option for her target demographics.
    karalott and AZChristian like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I love this quote from the article link you posted, MizDaisy:

"The cruise was cancelled because it didn't sell well enough and all those who booked the trip will get a 100 percent refund, the spokeswoman for for Alice Travel which arranged the trip said. She added that Kate was "very disappointed" and planned to contact all the people who had bought tickets personally."

I was watching the CruiseCritic.com discussion board on this cruise. The folks who were on the ship (not part of Kate's group) mentioned it in passing today. They were all laughing about the fact that there was so little interest in spending money to spend time with her. The bookings will probably go way up for the cruise, now that people know they won't have to deal with her.

I wonder if there's ANY chance that Kate will ever see that the clock has stopped on her 15 minutes.
    I don't even think Kate would consider calling these people personally. It's probably too beneath a star like her. She'll probably make someone else do it, make a recording, or do nothing at all but pretend she's such a gracious good hearted person who loves and adores her fans and wants world peace. Actually, Kate really does seem to see herself like that. So it's not so much pretending in her own universe. Which makes it all the more fun for us.

And Kate should listen hard and listen good. The ticking has officially wound down on her 15 minutes of fame. Maybe she can call up Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt, and Paris Hilton. Hopefully one day soon the Kardashians and Octomom can join the club.
    libgirl2, tapper01 and AZChristian like this.

Heh, heh, heh

Poor, Kate...the truth hurts, doesn't it!?!

Apparently the Today show had her on Monday's show and she told them that the kids are hoping to get back in front of the cameras soon. (Me thinks Mama wants to be in front of the camera more!) Why she was even on is beyond me.

Kate Gosselin Surprised Networks Unwilling To Sign New Reality Show

I still get a kick out of reading comments to articles such as this. Ninety-nine percent say her 15 minutes are long up but there are still those four or eight people out there that want her back on TV!
    karalott and tapper01 like this.

Basically Kate said the kids miss the free trips, not the filming. Well then Kate and/or Jon why don't you pick your happy self up and take them on a trip that you pay for!
    karalott and tapper01 like this.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Heh, heh, heh

Poor, Kate...the truth hurts, doesn't it!?!

Apparently the Today show had her on Monday's show and she told them that the kids are hoping to get back in front of the cameras soon. (Me thinks Mama wants to be in front of the camera more!) Why she was even on is beyond me.

Kate Gosselin Surprised Networks Unwilling To Sign New Reality Show

I still get a kick out of reading comments to articles such as this. Ninety-nine percent say her 15 minutes are long up but there are still those four or eight people out there that want her back on TV!
    I read a few of the comments following that article. My favorite:

14:57
    14:58
    14:59
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I don't think those are good enough numbers for some network to shell out $$ for her lifestyle.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Basically Kate said the kids miss the free trips, not the filming. Well then Kate and/or Jon why don't you pick your happy self up and take them on a trip that you pay for!
    Kate needs a serious reality check. Unfortuantely, she alienates anyone who tries to give it to her. At least Jon seems more grounded and in tune with reality. Kate's the worst person fame could have happened for. Eventually, she won't even have these last desperate attempts at fame to cling to. No more Today show, no more cruises that get cancelled, no more D-list celebrity reality shows, and any other opporunity that the Octomom had to take because no one cared about her, either. Hopefully Kate has the finances to take care of her kids.

She may have to face reality that she won't be able to have that big house, send her kids to private school, give up the hair extensions that look like they're from the Dollar store, the mani/pedi's, the fancy cars, the "bodyguards" (if anyone ever needed a bodyguard less...), the name brands. She's actually going to have to pay for that stuff down the road. And sadly, Kate will probably put herself and her own needs first, while saying it's all for her kids and she's broke and needs the TV show and freebies to survive. She may actually have to buy a mini van, pack up her kids in it, and pay for a vacation. She's not the only person on the planet with 8 kids. We had that many in my family, when my cousins came to live with us. We still got to go on vacations each year, and while my parents budgeted, we probably were better off than some families that were smaller. Hey, I wish I had my dream car, my dream house, that I didn't ever outgrow the Baby Sitters Club or Fear Street, I wish Ringer didn't cancelled this year, I still seeth at Nickolodeon for when I was 12 and nearly all my favorite shows on that network were cancelled. But I dealt with it and moved on. Kate needs to do the same and realize life as she knew it is over. Life before she knew fame is back. We may very well see the family on TV in the future, except it'll likely be on Dr. Phil.
    AZChristian likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I know how harsh this will sound, but both Kate and John need a reality check. They have a huge family to support and neither one is capable of doing that alone.

Jon has been unemployed and living with his mom for umpteen months. Kate is "blogging." Neither of them has a bachelor's or even an associate's degree.

I think she should take whatever is left and send both of them to college for a bachelor's. Kate's RN is from a hospital school, and she needs to upgrade that to a BS if she plans on supporting those kids. And Jon is in worse shape. He needs to start over, as he flunked out of college early on.

Their children deserve parents who demonstrate an honorable work ethic. Hope they can give them that.

PS: I think the hair extension are history. Her hair's grown out now.
    karalott likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread