+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I guess everyone can have a fan.... though I just don't get it!
    A fan. Or 65,000.

To the Point

hard to imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    hard to imagine...
    I agree. I can see in the beginning when they started out, but now?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I predict: There will be sheeple who will sign up to "spend time" with Kate. She will behave every bit as badly as she has behaved on other trips - Alaska, Grand Canyon, etc. She will have Steve there to confiscate the cameras of those who DARE to take her picture if they're not part of the "pay to be with Kate" group. She will demand things like "No one else can be working out while I'm working out" (in spite of the fact that the workout room is supposed to be open to everyone). She will get so annoyed at some point that she will leave the ship in one of the ports and fly home. And at the end of it, there will be sheeple who FINALLY come to their senses and see her as the rest of us see her - a dowdy housewife from Pennsylvania who got lucky and then let her good fortune go to her head.
    tapper01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I predict: There will be sheeple who will sign up to "spend time" with Kate. She will behave every bit as badly as she has behaved on other trips - Alaska, Grand Canyon, etc. She will have Steve there to confiscate the cameras of those who DARE to take her picture if they're not part of the "pay to be with Kate" group. She will demand things like "No one else can be working out while I'm working out" (in spite of the fact that the workout room is supposed to be open to everyone). She will get so annoyed at some point that she will leave the ship in one of the ports and fly home. And at the end of it, there will be sheeple who FINALLY come to their senses and see her as the rest of us see her - a dowdy housewife from Pennsylvania who got lucky and then let her good fortune go to her head.
    No, who exploited her children for her own monetary gain.

And I agree something will happen.
    tapper01 and AZChristian like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Yep, I'd say that's probably about right.

She's always been an ugly person. The money has just amplified it.
    mom2, tapper01 and AZChristian like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It will certainly be interesting to see if your predictions come to pass.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kate got ugly on Twitter this week bashing someone who sent her family Freebies for years. This woman started sending her stuff when the show first started and they were featured on the show. Win/win for both at that point as they linked to her site for the free goods. Once the show became a hit, they started charging this woman 25.00 a month to have her link on their site while still calling and asking for freebies to be sent overnight at her expense, so they could use them on an episode. This week Kate on Twitter started bashing this woman because on her site she calls one of her products "the Kate calender" as it was featured in one of the shows and that she should receive a percentage of any profit. I love that this hard working woman fought back and went toe to toe with her, telling Kate how she sent her free stuff for years and actually got hate mail because of her association with the show. Unbelievable but so in character that Kate would go after the owner of a small business that sent her freebies for years looking for more.
    CYA

War of the Twits. Alert the media!

15 Minutes, Gosselin Style
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-23-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

It appears Kate won't be doing the "celebrity guest" gig on the RC cruise after all. Alice Travel, which was the agent for booking this portion of the cruise, has removed the page describing the event from their web site (as seen here Index of /). No word from Kate, who's been unusually quiet on the subject, following lots of effort to promote it to her sheeple -- er, followers -- on Twitter. Apparently, there were insufficient suckers -- er, fans -- willing to pay the overinflated price to spend time with her. Go figure.

themorningcall.com: TV Watchers Blog

A spokeswoman has confirmed that the celebrity Royal Caribbean cruise with the Berks County mother of 8 scheduled for Aug. 12-19 has been cancelled.

The cruise was cancelled because it didn't sell well enough and all those who booked the trip will get a 100 percent refund, the spokeswoman for for Alice Travel which arranged the trip said. She added that Kate was "very disappointed" and planned to contact all the people who had bought tickets personally.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 05-10-2012 at 08:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread