+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4098541;
    Hi Poppy. This is one of many paths that diverge among those who support Kate and see her as a "career" woman, and those who believe she is exploiting her children and want to see them regain their privacy, dignity and some semblance of private lives. Kate is not providing for that "huge brood". Her "huge brood" has been providing for her (and Jon, too) and all her celebrity acoutrements since the day they were born. And "they" have done a good job of it. Without her children, she would have no wealth or celebrity. She has no discernible talents, and she is unkind, ungrateful, and completely self-absorbed. Beyond everything else, she is a cruel and detached mother who alternately ignores and then mocks, humiliates, and threatens her children, all while putting them in harm's way. The evidence of all her bad behavior has been documented in living color on TV, and in her own words in interviews.

There are many women who have careers and need the services of a nanny or other childcare. But there are relatively few who would resort to selling their children's privacy and childhood to gain fame and fortune.

As far as the financial future of the children, I highly doubt it is secure. She was forced to start putting a paltry amount of money aside for them when all the bad press started about the PA DOL investigation and the child labor laws. Also, in some of her last interviews she explicitly said that there isn't enough money for them for college. So either she is lying, or her children's financial future is not secure.
    So instead of buying that huge house maybe she should have put that money away in their college funds? This applys to John also and his need for an expensive condo in New York City.

I do agree with the posters who thought John needs to finish his degree and get a job.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4098541;
    Also, in some of her last interviews she explicitly said that there isn't enough money for them for college. So either she is lying, or her children's financial future is not secure. .
    Hi, mushybrain - I guess "enough money" is a relative concept. Her current net worth is $5,000,000.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4098644;
    Hi, mushybrain - I guess "enough money" is a relative concept. Her current net worth is $5,000,000.
    Hi Poppy. You are so right! And she also stated in one of her "poor me" talk show interviews that there is never enough money. If that net worth number is accurate, most of it should be in trust for the kids since they are the ones who earned it. But you know that Kate. The children will be lucky if they see a dime of it.

Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4098714;
    Have a great day.
    Thanks, mushy, you too!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4098714;
    Hi Poppy. You are so right! And she also stated in one of her "poor me" talk show interviews that there is never enough money. If that net worth number is accurate, most of it should be in trust for the kids since they are the ones who earned it. But you know that Kate. The children will be lucky if they see a dime of it.

Have a great day.
    No money? Gosh I wonder why?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Originally Posted by mushybrain This is one of many paths that diverge among those who support Kate and see her as a "career" woman, and those who believe she is exploiting her children and want to see them regain their privacy, dignity and some semblance of private lives. Kate is not providing for that "huge brood". Her "huge brood" has been providing for her (and Jon, too) and all her celebrity acoutrements since the day they were born. And "they" have done a good job of it. Without her children, she would have no wealth or celebrity. She has no discernible talents, and she is unkind, ungrateful, and completely self-absorbed. Beyond everything else, she is a cruel and detached mother who alternately ignores and then mocks, humiliates, and threatens her children, all while putting them in harm's way. The evidence of all her bad behavior has been documented in living color on TV, and in her own words in interviews.

There are many women who have careers and need the services of a nanny or other childcare. But there are relatively few who would resort to selling their children's privacy and childhood to gain fame and fortune.
    Well said, mushy. I've never understood how Kate would be considered a "career" woman because she and Jon sold their children's lives to a cable TV company. There are other, not so complimentary words to describe what was done to those kids that have nothing to do with a career.

An argument that has been made for the sale of Gosselin kids' lives is the parents had to take care of all those kids so of course they would choose to make lots of money signing a contract with TLC. Who wouldn't? Well, here's a family with sextuplets who chose not to do it: The Headricks of Wichita, Kansas, who have 7 year old sextuplets and a 10 year old daughter. They had TV offers too but turned it down. They chose to respect their children's privacy and live within their means. The simple life, times 6

I feel sorry for the Gosselin children, especially the tups, whose lives were sold to the media from birth. Their entire childhood has been filmed for enterntainment, sold on DVDs, and plastered all over magazines, tabloids and the Internet. The kids are getting older, not as cute anymore, and hopefully the show will end soon. But the effects of being filmed for most of their lives may not end as quickly.

Thanks so much for sharing that article, Miz Daisy. What an inspiring family!

Hi MizDaisy. The parents in the article you shared certainly seem to have their priorities straight. Those priorities are the welfare, happiness and privacy of their children. Cheers to them.

FORT Fogey

It's being reported that two of the sextuplets have been expelled from their private school kindergarten for behavior issues. A private school would have made every effort to help a child adjust to its environment, and expulsion would be the last resort. Many of us who have observed this family over time have predicted that the sextuplets would have problems when they started school, and if this story is true, I take no satisfaction that we were right.

The kids have been shown screaming, hitting, pulling hair, biting each other on the show, isolated from normal interaction with their peers as they're dragged from one trip or publicity opportunity to another, and "babified" by their mother to make them seem younger than they are. I happened to see part of an interview with a couple of the boys during the special on Sunday, and their verbal skills are not where a 6 year old should be. These children have been marketed like commodities their entire lives, and treated as a pack, not as individuals, with individual needs. I think it's unlikely they've received individual development opportunities given the rigorous filming and publicity schedule that has dominated their lives.

There is a custody hearing scheduled for November 30 and if this story is true, I hope there is representation for the kids to make sure they're getting what they need.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-11-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4103366;
    There is a custody hearing scheduled for November 30 and if this story is true, I hope there is representation for the kids to make sure they're getting what they need.
    Would you be kind enough to provide your informational source for the custody hearing scheduled for Nov. 30th? It's not being reported anywhere that I can find, at least not in court schedules or legitimate news outlets.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 11-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread