+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4062280;
    Implants can look droopy when they're too big for your physique. Photos of Kate from just a couple of years ago clearly show Kate's natural build was nowhere near what she has now. Even allowing for post-pregnancy, age-related droopage, she didn't have that much to begin with to end up as large as she is now. The halter tops and bikini tops she's been photographed in during the last year reveal enhancement that has nothing to do with exercising or a push-up bra. Actually, Kate has made her private life everyone's business. Her very public divorce, the new TV show featuring her life as a single mom, not to mention the numerous media appearances and print interviews in which she discusses her trials and travails as a single mom. She discusses details of her children's lives that the public has no right to know, so she herself is responsible for opening the door to public scrutiny of her own behavior.
    I really don't think the public is somehow entitled to this kind of information. Everyone has the right to withhold what they wish - despite whatever else they choose to share. Speculate all you want - and we all do. But we cannot know the truth unless she (or he) chooses to discloses it.

I also think that she was comparatively quiet about her divorce. Jon had the stage then, and she could have justifiably complained just about every day about his antics, which we all got sick of reading about.

The same would have to apply to her boobs. I'm sitting here laughing that we are even discussing her body parts. Inquiring minds want to know, I guess.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I really don't think the public is somehow entitled to this kind of information. Everyone has the right to withhold what they wish - despite whatever else they choose to share.
    I wouldn't use the word entitled, but I would say that since Steve Neild has been attached to the Gosselin family since J&K+8, and has assumed an increasingly public presence with Kate, it's absolutely fair to question what his role has become.

I also think that she was comparatively quiet about her divorce.
    I disagree. She has made TV appearances on talk shows and print interviews, appearing on magazine covers with featured articles where she discussed the divorce in terms of its impact on her.

I'm sitting here laughing that we are even discussing her body parts.
    I know! Thanks to the freak show Kate has made of her life, she's given us all so much to laugh about!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think the public's entitled if the celeb in question if they don't put it out there. I'm not a fan of people getting outted by someone bitter in their camp or some mistress, but when you make your life an open book like Kate, portray yourself in a negative light, make a spectacle of your divorce, and do whatever possible to stay in the limelight (for the kids sake) then you're fair game, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4062406;
    I don't think the public's entitled if the celeb in question if they don't put it out there. I'm not a fan of people getting outted by someone bitter in their camp or some mistress, but when you make your life an open book like Kate, portray yourself in a negative light, make a spectacle of your divorce, and do whatever possible to stay in the limelight (for the kids sake) then you're fair game, imo.
    Let alone exploit your too-many kids that were scientifically conceived by design, from before their birth and afterwards...

I completely agree.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I wouldn't use the word entitled, but I would say that since Steve Neild has been attached to the Gosselin family since J&K+8, and has assumed an increasingly public presence with Kate, it's absolutely fair to question what his role has become.
    Fair to question? Sure. Fair to assume? No. Not that I care if she is having an affair with him.

I disagree. She has made TV appearances on talk shows and print interviews, appearing on magazine covers with featured articles where she discussed the divorce in terms of its impact on her.
    I think she made very, very few comments about Jon's behavior during their separation and divorce. This is something I followed pretty avidly. She tended to just keep her mouth shut. He was very much in the spotlight, and his behavior needed no commentary, at all, from her. It was abysmally damaging to him without her input.
    [mod edit]
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-17-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Fair to question? Sure. Fair to assume? No.
    I assume nothing about her relationship with Steve Neild. I question everything about it.
    I think she made very, very few comments about Jon's behavior during their separation and divorce. This is something I followed pretty avidly.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on what we've seen Kate say about the divorce. I've seen and read enough to have an entirely different view, and I doubt we'll change each other's minds on the subject.
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-17-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: mod edit

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

What I find more hilarious than anything is Kate going around toting herself as a legitimate celebrity. She's easily the most annoying thing on television, next to Barbara Walters.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Typically, I could care less about a celeb's body parts, what's real, what's enhanced, and whether you can even recognize them and they don't realize how horrible they look. But this is another case where Kate puts herself out there to show off a bikini bod and fend off rumors (which I didn't even know existed) about whether she has implants. So much like everything else regarding Kate's open book life, she put it out there, so people are going to talk. I'll also add I could care less about any celeb magazine cover that features them in a bikini to show off a body they probably got help with to slim down that the average person couldn't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4063452;
    Typically, I could care less about a celeb's body parts, what's real, what's enhanced, and whether you can even recognize them and they don't realize how horrible they look. But this is another case where Kate puts herself out there to show off a bikini bod and fend off rumors (which I didn't even know existed) about whether she has implants. So much like everything else regarding Kate's open book life, she put it out there, so people are going to talk. I'll also add I could care less about any celeb magazine cover that features them in a bikini to show off a body they probably got help with to slim down that the average person couldn't afford.
    If she was an "Average single mom" as she likes to portray herself, struggling to raise her children etc... she wouldn't have all that help to get her that body.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Joy Behar had a panel on her show last week discussing DWTS and the story that Bristol Palin had asked Kate for advice. One of the panelists was Carrie Ann Innaba, who said she had never seen a contestant like Kate with such a total lack of self-awareness re her ability to perform, and thought it was "bizarre" that Kate thought she was good. There were clips of some of Kate's performances playing and Carrie was cringing all over again at the sheer awfulness of Kate's dancing. Joy asked her about the rumors of Kate being a bitch backstage, but Carrie wisely sidestepped that question and focused on the dancing.

I think the lack of self-awareness that Carrie observed in Kate's dancing also applies to Kate's desperate attempts to pursue a career in entertainment. She doesn't see that she has no talent, that simply commenting about a desire to be an actress will not attract offers for acting jobs. As K+8 winds down and there are no other opportunities, I think Kate will have a tough time understanding what happened to her 15 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread