+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Elainesc5;3741632;
    Entertainment Tonight has really gone to the dogs when they have Hailey and Jon on there.
    ET (and its even worse sibling The Insider) completely turned into fetid rotting garbage about the time they started covering Anna Nichole Smith's Son's death. ET put that slimeball Mark Steines on as an anchor, and the show turned into a circus where they'd go into every story with a sleazy quid pro quo with the subjects to show them in the best light (aka "give their inside story") in return for exclusive access, with piles of cash sealing the deal.

I remember watching ET as a kid and kind of liking it. These days? It's agony.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

That apology is more publicity. Jon doesn't mean a word of it. Joel McHale was mocking Jon's attorney from a clip on ET where they broke the news to them that Kate didn't show up for some court appearance. Jon's attorney made a jab about her being like the old woman that lived in the shoe. A) Those are Jon's kids too, so saying Kate has too many kids she doesn't know what to do is like pot calling kettle black, and B) Jon shouldn't be smiling at a snide remark his attorney is making, and shouldn't be making at all.

I didn't buy Hailey's crapfest on the Insider, and I didn't even need to watch it to know it was just a publicity stunt. When she and Jon break up, she'll go back out and sell their story to the tabloids and talk about what a horrible relationship they had and bad mouth him for as much money as she can get. Jon and Kate need a reality check. They're laughingstocks but they're so far gone they don't even realize it. It's a pathetic attempt to one up the other and get their story out and bad mouth the other and then apologize, but not really. Now even the rabbi is making money off those kids because of Jon. Is anyone, any sane, unbiased 3rd party, looking out for those kids best interest? I just feel more and more sorry for them anytime I see their parents anywhere on TV or the magazines.

Against my better judgement, I watched the Kate pity party last night. I sort of see it as unnecessary as I can't believe she swayed anyone who was "on the fence" about her. She has her rabid fans and will someday, maybe, honestly, acknowledge them. Jon is making poor choices right now but I credit him with with making those children who they are. He was the one that got up with the kids and got them off to school. Homework help? I can't see Kate being much help there. When the twins got off the bus, it was Jon that was there to greet them and also bathe all the kids and put them to bed. Kate's "single mother" script is wearing thin, especially among those of us who know the true meaning of that term. She has no clue but I can't imagine she ever would.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 11-03-2009 at 06:40 AM.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I watched last night. Do I like hearing Kate ask herself questions and then answer them herself followed by a qualifying statement that exonerates her from any blame? No. Do I believe her when she says she hates all the attention in the press and tabloids and then finishes the interview by saying that if she was offered a TV gig she would be excited to do it? No. Do I want to see another Kate pity party where she compliments herself on speaking eloquently and martyrs herself as the one who laid in bed and kept all toxins out of her mouth while pregnant with the 8 money makers? No. Do I laugh everytime I see her clomping down the street in heels she can't even walk in? Yes.

I was watching TMZ last night (that's right, I watch TMZ - I don't actually care about the celebrities but I find the people discussing them amusing) and they were talking about Jon Gosselin and Rabbie Boteach. Harvey Levin claims that Rabbi Boteach has "jumped the gefilte fish". I laughed and laughed. Jumped the gefilte fish. *snort*
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

LG.

jumping the gefilte fish is pretty funny for Rabbi Boteach. Reminds me of Wallowitz' mother's infamous thanksgiving dish "tur-bris-afile" which he describes as a turkey, stuffed with a brisket, stuffed with gefilte fish. Hey, I wouldn't mind a brisket-stuffed turkey, but dang, keep that nasty fish out of the dish.

Back to Jon and Kate and Hailey and the Media - pathetic fame whores all of them.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3742060;
    I watched last night. Do I like hearing Kate ask herself questions and then answer them herself followed by a qualifying statement that exonerates her from any blame? No. Do I believe her when she says she hates all the attention in the press and tabloids and then finishes the interview by saying that if she was offered a TV gig she would be excited to do it? No. Do I want to see another Kate pity party where she compliments herself on speaking eloquently and martyrs herself as the one who laid in bed and kept all toxins out of her mouth while pregnant with the 8 money makers? No. Do I laugh everytime I see her clomping down the street in heels she can't even walk in? Yes.
    That was SO noticeable - the "ask herself questions" motif.

Sorry, but for her to sit there and say that she couldn't support the kids on what she could make as a nurse is insulting to the thousands of families who DO live successful lives on that level of income.

Kate - sell the mansion, move back to the other house that you still own, have a giant yard sale to sell all your mini-skirts and spike heels, and you'll be able to live quite adequately. Oh, except you'll actually be WORKING for a living (like the rest of us), instead of just BEING FAMOUS.

And you know, if you really want the paparazzi to leave you alone, perhaps you could appear in public as a normal person instead of so obviously dressing to be noticed. Start with the hair and work your way down to your feet.

Sorry, I just can't garner any sympathy for someone who admitted herself that she has chosen to separate herself from her family and then cries because she's almost like an orphan. Spare me.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3742127;
    That was SO noticeable - the "ask herself questions" motif.

Sorry, but for her to sit there and say that she couldn't support the kids on what she could make as a nurse is insulting to the thousands of families who DO live successful lives on that level of income.

Kate - sell the mansion, move back to the other house that you still own, have a giant yard sale to sell all your mini-skirts and spike heels, and you'll be able to live quite adequately. Oh, except you'll actually be WORKING for a living (like the rest of us), instead of just BEING FAMOUS.

And you know, if you really want the paparazzi to leave you alone, perhaps you could appear in public as a normal person instead of so obviously dressing to be noticed. Start with the hair and work your way down to your feet.

Sorry, I just can't garner any sympathy for someone who admitted herself that she has chosen to separate herself from her family and then cries because she's almost like an orphan. Spare me.

Didn't her brother and sister-in-law do some interviews on tv that were very critical of her?

Wouldn't that mean they separated themselves from her while making a buck off of her problems?

FORT Fogey

David Zurawik, TV critic at the Baltimore Sun, gives a scathing review of what he describes as Kate's cryathon. As always, he was spot on about the real agenda of this farce:

Let me give you the big picture of what was going on first in this NBC News approved and produced hourlong interview of Kate Gosselin by "Today" show correspondent Natalie Morales. TLC paid for a piece of the credibility of NBC News, and here is the trick that the network producers used to try and deliver the goods.

Instead of performing like a journalistic interviewer, Morales played the role of a defense attorney forced to put her client on the stand because there is so much evidence against the client. So, what Morales did in her defense attorney role is time after time state the charges against her client in such a way that Kate could easily refute them. This is beyond asking softball questions. This is a far more sophisticated manuever that undermines and seeks to dismiss the allegations against a client even as the defense attorney states them.
    Z on TV: TLC, NBC, Morales host pity party for Kate Gosselin - Sun critic David Zurawik writes about the business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

Both of these loathsome parents need to STFU, settle their divorce in private, and focus on their kids rather than the next TV appearance. The only tears worth shedding are those for what has been done to those kids by their greedy, selfish parents.

The Hailey/Jon breakup a publicity stunt...why am I not surprised?

Jon is the one who cut off his paycheck by stopping filming, and he's still under contract to TLC with no paycheck coming in. I'd say he cut off his nose to spite his face and now he's trying to do anything he can to get $$$$$.

Pathetic.

I never watch the show, I just started noticing them when the first report came about Jon and that teacher surfaced. Since then they have infused all of the entertainment shows ad nauseum.

+ Reply to Thread