+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3890473;
    I'm sure she'll find someone to blame for the lack of sales...she seems to work that way. It's always someone else's fault when things don't go right.

I doubt she'd accept that people are just not that into her any longer.
    It's never her fault. Everyone else quits on her. Now the people who are supposed to be buying her books and helping her earn her living off her kids backs are quitting on her. I think Kate's clock is ticking. I'll be curious to see how her reality shows do. I won't be surprised if they get a strong start, but think the ratings will tank. She's done. It's not cute anymore. She's not inspirational when she's caught going to a tanning salon everyday while playing up the mom act. Tony gave a new TV Guide interview about his DWTS experience with Kate; of course it's all positive but it sounds like he's really selling it too hard.

A tell all book will probably be her next thing. Maybe Kitty Kelly who writes unauthorized behind the scenes of everyone will beat her to it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3891191;
    :. Tony gave a new TV Guide interview about his DWTS experience with Kate; of course it's all positive but it sounds like he's really selling it too hard..
    I saw that interview then read that he's been in meetings with TLC....he can't really bash their cash cow now can he?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3891191;
    :. A tell all book will probably be her next thing. Maybe Kitty Kelly who writes unauthorized behind the scenes of everyone will beat her to it.
    I'm saving my money for the one that the kids will ultimately write.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3891294;
    I saw that interview then read that he's been in meetings with TLC....he can't really bash their cash cow now can he?
    What kind of meetings??? Is he in trouble for things he may have said about Kate?

I wonder if TLC could be planning a behind the scenes reality show based on ballroom dancing. I saw a few specials they had on about a year ago of a championship for pre-teens. Tony and Maks have the same agent, who's been tweeting positively about having good things in the works for them and both Tony/Maks seem happy about their future endeavors.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3892522;
    I wonder if TLC could be planning a behind the scenes reality show based on ballroom dancing. I saw a few specials they had on about a year ago of a championship for pre-teens. Tony and Maks have the same agent, who's been tweeting positively about having good things in the works for them and both Tony/Maks seem happy about their future endeavors.
    Supreme justice would be for Tony/Maks to have a successful TV endeavor while Kate's new shows bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3892971;
    Supreme justice would be for Tony/Maks to have a successful TV endeavor while Kate's new shows bomb.
    I wonder if they're going to tie Tony in somehow with Kate's new show(s) or if they're planning on giving him one of his own. Maybe it'll be something DWTS related, too, that ABC is giving the green light for.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3874853;
    http://www.zondervan.com/media/sampl...63_samptxt.pdf

This is an exerpt to her new "book" if it is all supposed to be how much she loves her kids, the part I read all but glorified her and the rest whined away and offered excuses about her. She makes me SICK
    Ugh! I totally agree with you. This didn't sound so much like letters to kids as it did more of her bull%$&* about how hard her life has always been and how different she is from others. It makes the children and her whole life sound like a big burden to her. Some of it is also lies, which I suppose is to be expected.

I don't know why I even bothered to read that. It absolutely sucked, and I am sure from what I've read of the actual letters themselves, the whole book is one big suckfest.

Kate sucks. Period. I can't stand her, and I really wonder what it will be like when she goes to visit her insane fans who will be providing the letters that determine what her "adventure" will be that episode. She isn't good with people at all and lacks social graces and charm. Of course, TLC came up with an idea involving people who already like this nutball or else they know it wouldn't work; most of us would tell her "thanks but no thanks and please move on down the road. Take your bad attitude with you and don't let the door hit you on the ass"....you get the drift.

Ugh. I watched her on DWTS just to see how big a fool she would make of herself and was delighted when she was finally voted off. I can't believe people keep giving her chances on television when she has clearly shown her lack of any talent or charisma or charm.

The woman has no talent, Jon and the kids have no known talents, and the kids are ordinary kids. Nobody is spectacularly good looking or overly gifted with personality or any "X factor" necessary for entertainment. The only thing this woman has done was to manipulate modern science so she could cash in on the results. Despicable woman! Who does that? Those poor children. They are the only ones I feel any sympathy for.

I was hoping Jon would hold firm and not let them be filmed anymore, but I guess he caved in. Both parents have let these kids down and used them. They both suck and I hope neither is able to continue a "career" in show business. Mostly I hope that somehow these kids are able to lead happy lives despite what the parents have done to them.

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

As of this writing, Jon has dropped his custody challenges and looks like Kate will get her way once again.

It is in the children's best interest not to have continued upheaval between their parents, even if Jon ends up getting screwed in the deal. He was probably hoping to derail Kate's plans for TLC domination by getting the kids out of her clutches more often. I have always believed that whatever Jon's other failings as a man, that he is a devoted father who really had his kids' best interests at heart. And if those include making way now, he will make way . . .

The story of Solomon comes to mind here. The genuine parent gave way in that scenario, to avoid having the false mother cut the kid(s) in half to spite her(him). I see parallels . . .

The story of Solomon is a great analogy. I believe Jon wants the best for his kids. I think he thought keeping them from filming would be best, but then Khate and the TLC machine made his life miserable and gave him no choice.

I hope it fails and fails BIG. People now know what she is like

We even know "Khate hates to sweat" well DUH what makes her so special?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3891080;
    and the title should be "Lies that the sheeple will believe to make me more richer
    She has already made enough money to support her family until they are grown and beyond. She's a multimillionaire. I really don't blame her for wanting to make more, though.

I also don't care how she spends her time. Having grown up in a family of 11 kids, I can tell you first hand: your parents don't really pay that much attention to you individually unless you misbehave or make the honor roll - oh, and on your birthday. You are much closer to your siblings growing up than you are with your parents.

I imagine my parents would have put us all on a reality TV show if they could have It's very expensive raising 11 kids! And they didn't have 6 in diapers at the same time. Or 6 seeing the orthodontist, or 6 to send off to college at once. And being the 2nd oldest, I pretty much felt like unpaid labor from age 12 on (oh, poor me). I truly doubt any of us would have minded the camera crew, the trips, and all the attention.

They did a great job, and gave us a great home and home life. We are all adults now and well educated. We're close knit. No one's in jail or in rehab. Three of us are unmarried and childless. The rest of us have 19 children, all told.

I see no reason to bash Kate for living luxuriously, or to demonize her. She doesn't seem like someone I'd be friends with, but she's certainly not someone I think ill of or wish failure upon. I just don't get all the ill will towards her.

+ Reply to Thread