+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

As a person with an ex who went through a divorce that wasn't pleasant, I just learned that everyone should speak for themselves. Too much "Jerry Springer Show"-type stuff in this world. I found it's better to let the other person write their own story and I'll write mine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3880100;
    Normally I'd agree, and extend it to why does anyone care about all things Gosselin? I had seen their show before, and looking back, I just can't believe that was popular. Except where Kate is concerned, I feel like she's being vague for a reason and not because she doesn't think it's anyone's business.
    I think if Kate were more honest people would not only be less interested in her in general, but perhaps some of those people who have bought into the "poor single mother" line would feel less inclined to be supportive of her.

When she was on The View once she ummed and ahhed when asked about Jon's contribution to raising the children. I felt those that only became exposed to them through the post separation media blitz might get the impression Jon does little to nothing to help with the children either by actually physically being with them or by helping financially. I also felt that was the impression Kate wanted to leave people with.

Jon's post-separation behaviour has made it easy for people to think he's an uncaring father. He appeared to do everything wrong and Kate everything right, during that time.
    Kate was almost always pictured with the children, Jon almost always with a girlfriend.
    TLC blocking Jon from doing any interviews after he halted filming of the show has made it difficult for him to get his version of events into the public arena whereas Kate has been allowed and likely encouraged by TLC to do numerous interviews and appearances.

Kate has the upper hand and will probably never lose it at this point, for as long as this family remains in the public eye.
    For every person who watched their show and saw a nasty, emasculating, rude, petty shrew there seems to be at least one who buys the image she, and everyone who interviews her, is projecting.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-19-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Kao

Wow. Just wow. Apparently she's now sent an email out begging people to vote for her this week on Dancing With the Stars?

Kate Gosselin is begging for votes! - Life and Style

You know, if she was honestly doing her best and was having issues I would feel a little sorry for her. But she's just phoning it in, not working hard and being nasty to the people who ARE trying to help her. Trolling for votes is tacky, especially when you make a point of saying its from your fifth iPhone.

and I read that she is depressed. I hate her and want her gone

FORT Fan

LOL tapper01 - don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you take on the lion's share of caring for this ridiculous amount of children, I think you deserve the consideration. I did not watch the show. It did not interest me. Actions speak louder than words. I believe his actions say/said a lot, as did hers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Third time isn't necessarily a charm:
    Kate Gosselin's 'Letters' are not getting read

By Christine Law
    April 29, 2010 7:57 PM ET

Kate Gosselin might still be hot in the tabloids, but it's looking like folks might not want to read a whole book about her these days.

Gosselin's book, I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family, has sold only 10,084 copies since its April 13 release (according to national book sales tracker Bookscan).

While the non-fiction title debuted at No. 11 on the New York Times' non-fiction bestseller list, by Thursday (April 29) afternoon, its Amazon.com sales rank was No. 1,030 -- and its list price has dropped from $22.99 to $12.41.

By comparison, Gosselin's first two books, Multiple Blessings and Eight Little Faces, hit number five on the New York Times' list. Multiple Blessings sold 523,000 copies in 2009.

Is this the first sign that the tabloid-topping mom is finally starting to slip into obscurity?

Maybe she should write a book about that.
    Ouch.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm sure she'll find someone to blame for the lack of sales...she seems to work that way. It's always someone else's fault when things don't go right.

I doubt she'd accept that people are just not that into her any longer.

FORT Fogey

The fact that the book debuted at #11 on the NYT nonfiction bestseller list is no guarantee of success. Bookstores that have scheduled book signings with the author order quantities of books in advance to anticipate the demand, but the unsold books are returned to the publisher after the signing. And the majority of book sales occur soon after the debut, while the book is being promoted. So Kate has done numerous interviews to promote the book, and 2 weeks after the debut, the numbers are this dismal? They won't get much better, so it's offically a flop. The cookbook was dumped to overseas markets. I think Kate's short-lived career as an author is done. Until she announces her tell-all book.

and the title should be "Lies that the sheeple will believe to make me more richer

+ Reply to Thread