+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3872888;
    Wasn't the babysitter she didn't want Jon leaving the kids with one of his "girlfriends"? Seems to me she's at home quite often, doesn't she only fly to L.A. to shoot the show? She's no worse then any other person that works away from home and leaves their kids with nannies while they're gone - which would be pretty much anyone that works on tv. I think Jon is suing for custody because he wants his name back in the headlines and he's jealous of her being in the press so much. IMO.
    Bingo.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3872888;
    Seems to me she's at home quite often, doesn't she only fly to L.A. to shoot the show?
    She is embarking on a tour next week to promote her book of letters to her children. Her new show will also debut soon and while she will be spending time with families, it won't be with her own.

A New Twist for Next Gosselin Show - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com

Kate Gosselin’s next television show will feature her without her famous brood, spending time with other families instead.

Ms. Gosselin, who became a tabloid fixation last year when her marriage dissolved in front of TLC’s cameras, will star in the reality show “Twist of Kate” starting this summer, the cable channel said Thursday. “Twist of Kate” will have Ms. Gosselin reading letters from fans and visiting the homes and offices of other women.

She will travel across America “to find out how other people juggle work, family and all the other challenges life throws at them,” TLC said in a news release.

TLC also said it would schedule several special episodes of “Kate Plus Eight,” a spinoff of the canceled “Jon and Kate Plus Eight.” Notably, Ms. Gosselin’s ex-husband, Jon, who is suing her for custody of their eight children, was not mentioned in the announcement of either show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If Jon is such a sympathetic, caring figure, why did he move so far away from his children? I don't think Kate has to worry about losing her children. His decision-making doesn't seem to be that strong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've no doubt that Jon is green with envy over Kate's recent spotlight, and of course he's going to cash in. They might modify custody but he'll not get full custody.

However, I do believe that he should be able to be with the children when Kate is on the road instead of her nannies.

I actually do doubt he's envious of her being in the spotlight, what I don't doubt he's envious of is how much money she's raking in, particularly since TLC have had him under a media blackout.
    TLC correctly pegged Kate as the cash cow, the one who wanted to keep the show going no matter what, and have backed her to the hilt.
    Jon only has himself to blame really since his behaviour post split was such that TLC would be unlikely to support him. They were just as eager as Kate top keep her little ATM's on tv.
    He got the show stopped. I think it was important at that time that they stopped filming and I praise Jon for ensuring that that happened, no matter what his motives for doing so were.
    I don't consider him moving away as a sign that he's an uncaring parent.
    When he isn't with the children he can be wherever he wants.
    If he wants to go live in New York, fine, if Kate wants to fly to L.A. to tape DWTS fine
    What's sauce for the goose...

I am pleased that at least two of Kate's projects are focussed on her. That keeps the children off the tv and ensures there's no chance I'll bother to watch.
    I would probably have tuned in to see the kids and as much as I detest Kate I admit I likely will watch the planned updates to see how the kids are getting on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think his moving away was to make life as difficult as possible for Kate. That is not a stellar dad. It is no walk in the park to be mainly responsible for 8 children, and I think a lot of men know that. I think his moving away is an "I'll just show you!" move.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3873253;
    I think his moving away was to make life as difficult as possible for Kate. That is not a stellar dad. It is no walk in the park to be mainly responsible for 8 children, and I think a lot of men know that. I think his moving away is an "I'll just show you!" move.
    Quite possibly, but wasn't she also looking for for a place quite some distance from the house where the kids live?

Even in New York he's still a damn sight closer than Kate is in L.A.
    Not allowing him to look after the kids while she's miles away in another state is an "I'll show you" move too, imo.
    There's as bad as each other when it comes to pettiness and nastiness, but from my observations of the show I still think of Jon as the better parent.
    He's just better with the kids, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

IMO the only reason Jon wants full custody of the kids is child support. Kate has a new show lined up (one I will not watch) and has money coming in. Has Jon even tried to raise money other than from his kids? I know that is how both got their money, but time to move on to a job now.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3873253;
    If he can only see the children at predetermined times, as Kate sees fit, I don't know how living nearby would make him a better father. If he's there when he's allowed to be then the commute is his problem.

I got the impression that Jon was not allowed to be with the kids even if Kate was gone due to it not being his allotted time. I do think the visitation should be adjusted so that he is allowed to be with his children when Kate is out of town on her book tour, doing her show, etc.

I would think the best interest of the children would be to have at least 1 parent there at all times.

These two are behaving in petty and childish ways and are not looking out for the true best interests of their children. I say put your money where your mouth is. If you truly want what's best then have a parent there at all times.

+ Reply to Thread