+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Fogey

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

They may have been a train wreck from the first day they met, but I believe if there had been no TV show and resulting notoriety, they would have had a better chance to stay together. Lots of couples are in relationships that work for them despite what others may think. The difference is everything they do isn't magnified by the glare of reality TV with millions watching. I think the couple they were in the original documentaries could have remained together.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hear now that Jon seems to be okay with putting his kids back on TV. He needs to have another face off with Nancy Grace, because I'd love for her to tell him like it is (again) and him try to explain away that he's not doing it for the fame or money but for his kids. After all, his attorney claims he's so in demand he can have anything and any opportunity he wants Sadly for the kids, they're too young to really understand why the cameras are there and that eventually, they will go away. In reality, I have a hard time believing Jon/Kate can get an audience and be able to stay on TV. So what does that mean for the kids then? Kids are cruel, especially nowadays, and the older they get, the more people will either use them for their fame or taunt them about their parents. What does Kate do when they're in the store and one of them is on a magazine cover with an unflattering headline? The fame and money went straight to their heads and they obviously can't live a normal reality. I 100% agree that the show is probably what helped, if not caused, Jon/Kate to split up in the first place. I can see the Dateline/Dr. Phil interview now in just a few years from the kids perspective...

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3822993;
    Those poor kids. The exploitation never ends. A mother's letters to her children should be special, a treasure to be shared between parent and child. This is just another for-profit scam at the expense of the kids, but all about Kate. Selling out to TLC destroyed her marriage, removed the kids' father from their everyday lives, made Jon and Kate tabloid fodder for months, and plagued their kids with nosey papparazzi poking cameras at them everywhere they went. Some day these kids will understand what happened and they won't need the faux sincerity in these "letters" to figure it out.
    I agree. This newest exploitation of her children is sickening! I really hope noone buys this book!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They will, and the proceeds will benefit the children and their family. Works for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think they'll sell some books because I'm a believer in "there's a sucker born every minute." But I also think it's questionable as to whether they'll sell enough books to generate any significant income. The market for Kate's vapid volumes has changed significantly since the first two books came out, which was before the public knew the level of fakery in the image TLC had been using to sell the Gosselins. For almost a year the public has been bombarded with endless print/TV tabloid stories about their escapades, including the latest photos of Kate nightclubbing in NYC with the guy who did her hair make-over. I think Zondervan will be lucky if it makes enough money to recoup their expenses and the advance they would have paid Kate, and if there's anything left for royalties, I doubt it will be enough to pay for a pair of Kate's designer shoes.

I sure hope Len or Bruno tell Kate to "take the stick out" the same way Jon did and she got so upset. I hate this biotch and can NOT believe she is on DWTS

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3850109;
    I sure hope Len or Bruno tell Kate to "take the stick out" the same way Jon did and she got so upset. I hate this biotch and can NOT believe she is on DWTS

Ditto. I find her just as repulsive as her ex-husband.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

who has that great avatar of Khate looking awful? I want them to use it on the "I hate Kate Gosselin FB page"

FORT Fogey

tapper, it's ButterflyFaery who has the hilarious avatar of Kate.

Despite Kate's protests to the contrary when she co-hosted The View this week, yet another comment about her unfriendly behavior on DWTS. Mark Ballas, who's paired with Shannon Doherty, described Kate as "standoffish," although later he twittered that his comment was taken out context. No doubt TPTB at DWTS told him to shut it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I didn't watch The View this week (never do, as Whoopi is about the only person I can stand on there anymore). But I heard Kate dodged questions about whether Jon is giving them any financial support and whether she has nannies and baby sitters taking care of her kids while she's away. Life & Style, another gossip rag, had a quote about how Tony/Kate went to the premiere of Alice in Wonderland together, but Tony reportedly didn't return to his hotel until 5:30 in the morning. No, that's one report I won't believe, except maybe the part about attending the premiere/movie together, but I'll feel really sorry for him if allegations come up about him and Kate doing the lambada behind the scenes.

Kate's gotten everything that's come at her. The spoofs by Kathy Griffin and SNL. The bad press of diva like behavior when she's shown she's very much the definition. Being a hypocrite about what her real motives are about fame and fortune. Seeming to seize on the opportunity for photo ops with her kids just to show she's a good mom and spends every waking moment with them. I had hoped once Jon/Kate went off the air, that would be the end of the Gosselin family. I hope that the end is near. We rarely hear anything about Jon anymore. Hopefully after this Kate fades back into obscurity.

+ Reply to Thread