+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Newbie

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Jon took the kids off the show because he wanted to do his own show with the kids there...read some of the post on the other thread or even up thread from this. He did not take them off the show because it would be better for them...but to be better for "him".

One thing I can say about Kate is she has kept her name out of the news other than when she is doing work for TLC and that is a lot more than can be said about Jon.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Jon and Kate deserve each other. It's not about the kids, it's not about going back to the real world and getting a job and staying outside of the limelight. I think that idea terrifies them. I don't know if Jon/Kate will remain in the spotlight forever. You'd think eventually they'll fade away. Then what will they do? I am really worried about the kids, especially as they get older. Kate at least never made any denials that she wanted to stay in the public eye. As for the kids and them being upset about the show being cancelled, that's been their life since the sextuplets were born and the twins were very young. Plus, I'm sure the idea of no more freebies and their parents obsessing about it doesn't help. I don't know what Jon's plans were, but once he was axed by TLC, that's when it became an issue with the kids being there. He's gotten called out on it several times, including by Nancy Grace (one of the few times I've actually agreed with her) and has done a poor job of denying it. Jon used to be the big sympathetic husband and Kate was seen as a nagging menace to him. I can't say I view her as a saint, but Jon's done himself no favors by his partying, womanizing ways (not to mention his taste in women). Also trying to act 18 again when he has 8 kids probably wasn't a smart idea. It must be hard being on the other side in the court of public opinion.

FORT Fogey

Jon took the kids off the show because he wanted to do his own show with the kids there...read some of the post on the other thread or even up thread from this. He did not take them off the show because it would be better for them...but to be better for "him".
    There is no credible source for the accusation that Jon wanted to remove the kids from J&K+8 in order to put them in his own show. But there are published reports that there is no show in development for Jon.

I don't care about the purity of the intent behind Jon's decision to stop the fiming of the kids, it's the end result that matters. The kids are off TV. Good!

One thing I can say about Kate is she has kept her name out of the news other than when she is doing work for TLC and that is a lot more than can be said about Jon.
    Kate has no control over what the media chooses to report about her. Both Jon and Kate have been in the tabloids, numerous entertainment publications and TV, for months. And whether the coverage was positive or negative is less relevant than it's all publicity, which is what they both want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamine80;3792023;
    I find neither of them admirable but Kate does have "handlers" from TLC who monitor her every move.
    Nancy Jo Sales on Jon and Kate Gosselin | vanityfair.com

Nobu, Nobu, I want Nobu!” Kate Gosselin wants to go to Nobu. She’s got a night away from her eight kids—also her co-stars on the hit reality series Jon & Kate Plus Eight—and a reporter is offering to take her out on the town. “I want sushi!” Kate says, leaning back in an armchair in her suite at the Essex House hotel overlooking Central Park, checking her BlackBerry, popping gum.

But Laurie Goldberg, senior vice president of communications at the Learning Channel, which airs Jon & Kate, doesn’t think Nobu’s such a great idea. Kate cried on the Today show this morning, answering questions about why she’s still wearing her wedding ring (“for them,” she said of her children, sniffling), and this afternoon she told People, “I am so emotionally spent” (from her husband’s behavior, which has included philandering with the daughter of the plastic surgeon who gave Kate her tummy tuck), and so it might not look good for her to be out enjoying herself at a hot spot.

“You’re like a prisoner,” Kate says of her newfound fame, annoyed.
    CYA

oh please! Why does she feel she has to write a book to her children (but sell it to the masses)? Why not spend some actual TIME with them and tell them herself!

Kate Gosselin to Release Personal New Book - Kate Gosselin : People.com

Kate Gosselin to Release Personal New Book

She already wrote two New York Times bestsellers and, soon, Kate Gosselin could have a third on her hands.

The reality star is scheduled to release I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith and Family on April 13 by Zondervan Publishers. The personal book will feature prayers, excerpts from her journal and eight individual letters addressed to each one of her children.

"Each day the thought crosses my mind that when they get older, my kids are going to look back and think about how they were raised," Gosselin says in a statement. "I know they will have a lot of questions about things that may not make sense because they were raised so unconventionally. I don’t want them to grow up and wonder; I want them to know without a shadow of a doubt how much I love them and how much every sacrifice made was worth it for them."

In addition to the book, Gosselin is in production on a new television show for TLC. Her previous nonfiction works include Multiple Blessings and Eight Little Faces.

------------------------
    On another note, I heard on one of the HLN shows last week that Jonboy is thinking of letting TLC film the kids again.....if TLC drops its lawsuit against him. He or his lawyer claim that when the show featured both J&K, the audience reached 12 million. When it was just K on the show, the ratings were only in the one million range.

Why can't these two just go far, far away?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like the idea of her writing a book for her children. It will be something that they can keep forever, and they will get different things out of the writings at different times in their lives. Their dad should do the same.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3821456;
    It will be something that they can keep forever, and they will get different things out of the writings at different times in their lives.
    A letter that is written just to them would serve the same purpose. I cherish the cards and letters that were sent to me by my mother and can't imagine sharing something so private with the world.
    CYA

I completely agree with you, Bunny. Sad thing is, these kids have grown up with a very different sense of "privacy".

In the interest of saying something nice.... ummmm... Kate looks really pretty on the cover there, with her new hair.
    remember to play

FORT Fogey

Those poor kids. The exploitation never ends. A mother's letters to her children should be special, a treasure to be shared between parent and child. This is just another for-profit scam at the expense of the kids, but all about Kate. Selling out to TLC destroyed her marriage, removed the kids' father from their everyday lives, made Jon and Kate tabloid fodder for months, and plagued their kids with nosey papparazzi poking cameras at them everywhere they went. Some day these kids will understand what happened and they won't need the faux sincerity in these "letters" to figure it out.

I think they were a train wreck waiting to happen from the 1st day they met.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread