+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3788432;
    For me, it's not so much about the hair, it's about the PR effort to reinvent Kate, which happens to include a new hair-do. With the ink barely dried on the divorce papers, she's now "Kate Clean Slate," who hasn't ruled out dating (according to the People article), and ready for her (photoshopped) close-up on the cover of People. The kids are still reeling from the collapse of their parents' marriage, and Kate says in the article they're in counseling. Kate has 20 hours to spend getting ugly hair extensions, but I suspect the kids are less affected by the silly hair-do than what's become of their mother.
    Apparently it's new Kate, new life, so she gets a new hairdo to go with her new ventures. Frankly, I think her hair looked a mess. I agree that it looked more like she just stuck a bunch of extensions on herself without looking in the mirror.

ShowBiz Tonight did a piece last night on this, and apparently Jon's ex Hailey just had to weigh in and give her two cents-she's suddenly so supportive of Kate and trashed Jon. As all the commentators said, they were all 2009, it's 2010, they need to move on with their lives and Kate needs to worry more about her kids. Did People really have nothing better for a cover?

Peraonally, I am SICK SICK SICK of Khate and wish she would just disappear. I hate her and think she is worthless. Jon may have made some really stupid decisions in the wake of this mess, but he is clearly better with the kids. She is ALL About HER and it is time for her 15 minutes to be LONG over and it couldn't happen fast enough. That the mags continue to shove her in our face galls me to no end.

FORT Fogey

Jon is so all about the kids and making sure that they come first his his life that he has pushed them aside so he could find a horley replacement.
    (Horley replaced kate majors who replaced the nanny who replaced the school teacher who replaced the mother of his children.)

Wonder if he will be able to get his latest thing to pay the rent on his NYC family NOT friendly bachelor pad.

The LOSER needs to go get a real job and focus on paying his child support.

FIRST PHOTO: Jon Gosselin Moves On To New Girlfriend | RadarOnline.com

Neither one of them is about the kids. They are all about themselves and the sad part is at some point the kids are going to see it. Actions speak louder than words. I feel for the kids.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I agree, BOTH are losers. They're both trying to recapture their lost youth, Jon chasing younger women, Kate desperately trying to create a youthful image with ugly hair extensions and extensively photoshopped magazine photos. If either one of them spent as much time on parenting as they do in their self-centered pursuits, those kids might have a chance. As it is, the kids are paying a heavy price for their parents' behavior.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I agree with you, too, dagwood ...these two parents need to grow up, step out of the spotlight and start thinking about what is really best for their kids.

I read yesterday that her hair extensions not only took 20 hours, but cost around $7000!! No word on who paid the bill, but since TLC filmed the process, they probably paid it. I can't imagine spending that kind of money on my hair.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I too heard that the hair guy spent a total of 20 hours with Kate. He said that about 14 of that was spent on convincing KAte to go with bangs.
    And if you listen carefully the guy says that IF this was done in his salon that it would cost about $5,000-$7,000. He did not say that Kate or anyone PAID that amount.

Also Kate is still getting paid by TLC to do these photo shoots. I don't see why she should be faulted for bringing in a paycheck.
    True she could go back to nursing. But she would have to work 40 hours a week for months on end to make the same amount of what she makes in a two days at TLC.
    YES, we all do the 40 hour work week. That is the way the real world works. BUT we all know that if we had the chance to make more then several thousand dollars in two days vs the 40 hr wk, we'd do it in a heart beat.
    She is keeping her kids out of spotlight and still getting paid.
    It's not my money so I don't care how she gets it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't be on the Kate-hate train. I don't even know how this train built up steam. I have not, nor would I want to, walk in that woman's shoes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

we all know that if we had the chance to make more then several thousand dollars in two days vs the 40 hr wk, we'd do it in a heart beat.
    I understand there are some people who will gladly sell out themselves, their family, their dog, whatever they have, for a price. But I'm not one of them, and I know lots of people who feel the same, so I don't assume that "everybody" would make the same choice as Kate. My life and my children's lives are not for sale to the highest bidder. The money Kate may have made for "two days' work" comes at a very high price. She's still under contract to TLC, so she's their monkey for now and she'll dance any way TLC tells her to, for a price.

She is keeping her kids out of spotlight and still getting paid.
    Jon took the kids off TV, and regardless of his motives, that's the only reason they're off TV. Kate made it very clear on the final episode that it was over too soon, she wanted it to continue. If it were up to Kate, she'd have those kids doing the trained monkey dance for TLC right alongside her, right now.

+ Reply to Thread