+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Fogey

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Krom--hi. For me I find all the legal aspects of their separation and divorce and the financial arrangements they've made for the children to be of interest.

Also I find the contracts issues of Jon's trying to get out of an exclusive contract with TLC and not wanting the kids to be on a reality tv show etc to be of interest since Contracts has always been my major interest in terms of the law.

I can't speak for others here--but I find how people handle these complex situations--including the emotional aspects--to be fascinating.

In terms of the general interest in Jon/Kate I think that a lot of people have an emotional investment in the children since they pretty much watched the kids grow from tiny babies--and so many people have a geniune and deep interest in the welfare of the children.

All of the above IMO only of course.

FORT Fogey

Wind Dancer, thanks for starting this thread. Can I just say that for some reason when I read your posts (anywhere in FORT) I picture a talk show host asking questions and making statements.
    I don't mean to sound freaky, but I picture a combination of Phil Donahue and Sally Jesse Raphael (not in looks but more of hosting styles) talking into the computer. Okay, maybe I am being weird but HEY it's late and I have had a busy weekend!

I saw bits and pieces of the Jon and Rabbi Shmuley Q&A's for a fee sham/scam. What a joke. He is paying this Rabbi to tell him NOT to date right now? Hey dumbo Jon, Dr. Laura gives the SAME advice for FREE!

One thing that really gets me is his "My marriage was over last October" mantra. Yeah how convenient for you to say that NOW. IF in fact it was "Over" last October then why did you allow TLC to continue to film your family as "happy and together"? Why did you get the dogs? Why did you buy that big house?

WHY DID YOU LEAD ON THE KIDS, THAT ALL WAS OKAY? Why did you NOT stop the TLC filming over a year ago so YOUR kids could go through YOUR carp in PRIVATE?

Jon YOU are a LIAR. The ONLY reason that you NOW say that your marriage was over then is to justify YOUR infidelity. Oh and of course you have to blame KAte as the one that said that the marriage was over.
    Heaven forbid YOU ever man up and take any responsibility.

And "Now Back to Our Host Wind Dancer" ............

What is this thread even here? There is a perfectly good Jon and Kate thread under "Other Reality Shows".

Ah....they closed that thread.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3741159;
    What is this thread even here? There is a perfectly good Jon and Kate thread under "Other Reality Shows".

Ah....they closed that thread.
    Yep--and they suggested we start a thread over here so--

voila!

PugMom--I even have a little microphone set up in front of my keyboard and a nice dark blue cup to drink out of......lol. Not true but I wanted to complete the picture for you.

(Your post reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer buys the old Merv Griffin set and then treats everyone who comes to visit him as though they were a talk show guest. )

FORT Fogey

After a relatively Jon/Kate-free weekend Jon is at it again.

Now he's saying he "should have kept his affairs with Hailey etc out of the public eye."

Note he didn't say he was SORRY for having the affairs--jut that they shouldn't have been done in public.

Oh--also--he sas he is putting his affair with Hailey "on hold."

I wonder how she feels about that. Or if she even knows about it yet.

Also--he says that when he said he was treated by Kate like a child he meant that "he felt like the ninth child in that family."

Um--okay Jon.

All these statements made publicly under the watchful eye of self-styled "America's Rabbi"--Shmuley Boteach.

As seen on CBS Early Show and ABC's GMA this morning.

Thanks for the new thread!

I would be more impressed with Jon seeking spiritual advice if it wasn't plastered on all the entertainment shows, etc. Everything Jon does he's got a camera there, so I find it hard to believe he's trying to change and not extend his 15 minutes.

These two need to work it out in private. I'm actually surprised that the judge didn't slap them both with a gag order so that they wouldn't be airing their dirty laundry. It's almost like a one upsmanship. He'll say something, she'll say something, he'll react, she'll react, etc.

What I hope is that tamper proof trust accounts have been set up for all the children so that neither Jon nor Kate can get into that money.

FORT Newbie

Hello everyone...Now they are saying everything was made up...who didn't see that..I said all along it's all a publicity stunt..Just how low can Hailey and Jon go. I hope Kate's interview is more enlightening and interesting than the crap Hailey and Jon puts out.She needs to get her divorce over with and get on with her's and the childrens lives..Jon only wants a life with Hailey. How can he care more about hurting Hailey than his on children.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Elainesc5;3741404;
    Hello everyone...Now they are saying everything was made up...who didn't see that..I said all along it's all a publicity stunt..Just how low can Hailey and Jon go. I hope Kate's interview is more enlightening and interesting than the crap Hailey and Jon puts out.She needs to get her divorce over with and get on with her's and the childrens lives..Jon only wants a life with Hailey. How can he care more about hurting Hailey than his on children.

Elaine--hi. I didn't see anything about stuff being made up today--but then I wasn't paying much attention after I heard Jon being sorry--in effect--that he got caught having an affair. Can you remember where you saw/heard that? And did they say exactly what was made up?

I'd be interested in any further info about this.

Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3741249;
    Thanks for the new thread!

I would be more impressed with Jon seeking spiritual advice if it wasn't plastered on all the entertainment shows, etc. Everything Jon does he's got a camera there, so I find it hard to believe he's trying to change and not extend his 15 minutes.

These two need to work it out in private. I'm actually surprised that the judge didn't slap them both with a gag order so that they wouldn't be airing their dirty laundry. It's almost like a one upsmanship. He'll say something, she'll say something, he'll react, she'll react, etc.

What I hope is that tamper proof trust accounts have been set up for all the children so that neither Jon nor Kate can get into that money.

ASassyKat--hi.

I also am wondering about the very public forum Jon spoke in.

I remember seeing something very similar to this recently. It almost looks like rabbi Shmuley sets up this kind of public forum--with those two big carved chairs--so that the celeb can make a kind of "public confession."

I can't remember who but it seems that we saw a different celeb doing the same thing not too long ago.

I wondered at the time if this wasn't part of the rabbi's work with the celeb--kind of like an alcoholic talking publicly about "being a drunk" as the first thing they do in the 12-step program?

Is this ringing any bells for anyone else?

I'll see if I can find anything about the rabbi's program for working with celebs.

(Disclamier--I am using the word "celeb" very loosely here. It is more polite than what I might otherwise want to call Jon.)

FORT Newbie

Print Share - + November 2, 2009
    Fox411 Exclusive: Hailey Glassman's abuse claims about Jon Gosselin made up - by Jon!
    "Jon actually made the decision to have Hailey go on air and bad mouth him," says the insider. "Jon and Hailey get paid for their appearances on these shows and they need the money. It was easy for Hailey to conjure tears, their lives are less than stellar right now, but Jon hasn't abused [her]."

So why go on TV and say that he did?

"They agreed to have her go on and make the abuse allegations!" our shocked source says. "Jon doesn't have much money left and he is not currently searching for a real job. Jon still seeks money through his fame and notoriety. He really wants a reality show of his own, and he is stretching out every moment of the drama for a dollar."

Which means Hailey's abuse allegation was just a "Balloon Boy" type stunt to attract reality-TV producer

This is what was on this sight.

+ Reply to Thread