+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3778739;
    Reports on major news outlets now indicate a belief that Jon made it all up to get back at Hayley. Or is he so desperate he's now going for insurance fraud?

Jon, your 15 minutes are up. Get a job and start paying child support, sir.
    I'll guess all of the above. He and Kate haven't been "big news" in awhile and I'm sure he can't fathom the thought of a woman breaking up with him. He probably threw a tantrum before he realized what he did and then made it up.

I don't see anyone crying over it or coming to his defense. Just another scheme that made him look like an even bigger douche.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3778711;
    Okay, but the point remains the same. The alleged message was a note pinned to the dresser, not carved into a headboard.
    No, I never brought up the "note". MY point was that he is a liar in that reports said that jon said the word "cheater" was carved into the headboard of the bed when pictures showed Hailey moving the bed out the day before. How could Jon have seen a word carved into a bed that was no longer in the apt?

Yea, the guy is a loser. He was ordered to stay away from any type of media. NO interviews. The creep was having withdrawals and had to concoct a story to get his name and mug back in the tabs.

Kao

This whole story is a mess. According to her lawyer she went to the apartment to get personal items (ie TV, clothes, etc) and the police have questioned both Hailey and her mother and cleared them. Jon's lawyer, on the other hand is telling the press that she's going to be arrested (which isn't a cool thing to say if not true).

If she did it, she needs to pay restitution for the things she destroyed, NOT get arrested and thrown in jail. This is just petty. :/

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Actually, Jon could potentially get himself in more trouble. If Hailey didn't do it, and he keeps slandering her name in the media, even if the police say she didn't do it and there's no evidence, she could go after him for false accusations and slander. Especially if it comes out that Jon did it himself. And the articles I've read about this, that's what everyone is saying. No one's siding with Jon's version on this.
    Last edited by karalott; 12-28-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3778864;
    No, I never brought up the "note". MY point was that he is a liar in that reports said that jon said the word "cheater" was carved into the headboard of the bed when pictures showed Hailey moving the bed out the day before. How could Jon have seen a word carved into a bed that was no longer in the apt?

Yea, the guy is a loser. He was ordered to stay away from any type of media. NO interviews. The creep was having withdrawals and had to concoct a story to get his name and mug back in the tabs.

Two bedrooms...two beds.

FORT Fogey

...jon said the word "cheater" was carved into the headboard of the bed
    Jon did not make that statement. From the Yahoo News article posted upthread:

a source claims the word "cheater" was carved into the bed headboard
    In the statement from Jon's attorney posted on TMZ, the incident is described as a note pinned to the dresser with a knife, and that the note will be submitted for handwriting analysis.

Reports on major news outlets now indicate a belief that Jon made it all up to get back at Hayley
    I haven't seen any news reports that claim facts that prove Jon did it. Both Jon and Hailey had the motive, means, and opportunity to do it. The apartment security cameras caught Hailey removing things from the apartment, and it would also show when Jon was in and out of the apartment around the time of the alleged vandalism. It's also convenient that the vandalism occurred after Hailey removed what she wanted from the apartment. There are plenty of questions to be answered about this incident before we know what really happened.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3779073;
    I haven't seen any news reports that claim facts that prove Jon did it. Both Jon and Hailey had the motive, means, and opportunity to do it. The apartment security cameras caught Hailey removing things from the apartment, and it would also show when Jon was in and out of the apartment around the time of the alleged vandalism. It's also convenient that the vandalism occurred after Hailey removed what she wanted from the apartment. There are plenty of questions to be answered about this incident before we know what really happened.
    What I posted was: "Reports on major news outlets now indicate a belief that Jon made it all up to get back at Hayley."

Never said these were facts; never said there was proof. Just for the record.

FORT Fogey

Never said these were facts; never said there was proof. Just for the record.
    And just for the record, there was no reference to you personally making those statements. My comment referred to news sources in general, not any one person specifically.

There is very little factual information available, and a lot of speculation and opinion about this incident. I'm more interested in what news sources can present as fact, not what they "believe." There was an incident on TMZ yesterday in which they published a photo from the 1960s claiming that it was JFK on a boat with a bunch of naked women. Turns out Playboy confirmed they had published the photo in 1967 as part of a story and it had nothing to do with JFK. ROL also picked up the story. Both sites quickly retracted their lurid stories when Playboy confirmed the truth about the photo. Just saying that before the mob mentality tries and convicts Jon in the court of public opinion, we need a lot more questions answered by reliable sources.

As I understood it there were two bedrooms, so thus there could have been two beds. Jon claimed that the word "cheater' was carved into his headboard.

There was an article a week or so ago that said that both Hailey and Jon were still at the apartment but not "together", so I assume they each had a room they could use if that was indeed true.

It's all "he said, she said" thus far. If the police have cleared her then Jon and his atty's need to stop slandering her name, because that is actionable.

So far Jon is the proven fame-ho, so I tend to take anything he says with a boulder of salt.

FORT Fogey

Jon claimed that the word "cheater' was carved into his headboard.
    Do you have a source for this statement? The only reference I could find for this claim is an unnamed source, no direct quote from Jon. TIA for any references.

I'd like to know:

- What the doorman/security cameras can confirm as far as when both Hailey and Jon were in and out of the apartment around the time of the alleged vandalism.

- Jon was supposed to be in PA celebrating Christmas with his kids. Kate can confirm when he arrived and when he returned to NY.

- If it's confirmed that Jon didn't reenter the apartment until he returned from PA on Saturday, how long did it take him to report the vandalism? If the timeline of his visit to PA proves he was not at the apartment until Saturday, he would have needed time to create the scene before calling police. The doorman/security cameras will establish the time he returned on Saturday, and the police can document when they received the call reporting the vandalism.

- How many people could have had access to Jon's apartment? Who had access codes/keys, and could have given access to a third party?

- Will the doorman's exit/entry logs or security cameras indicate anyone other than Jon or Kate accessing the apartment during the time the vandalism could have occurred?

I'm sure all of this and more is being investigated by the NYPD. If they suspect insurance fraud, they have plenty of experience uncovering the truth and it will be exposed.

+ Reply to Thread