+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Only An Opinion

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3754963;
    I am glad this show is ending so I will never have to see Kate's face as she tries to play the martyred little wife.

Amen!!!

I'm so tired of Kate... Even if Jon made mistakes (which he actually admitted in the last episode), I prefer watching Jon over Kate. She's been more annoying without Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3754963;
    I am glad this show is ending so I will never have to see Kate's face as she tries to play the martyred little wife.
    You and I, both!!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Kao

Someone grab the popcorn--our gal Hailey has wised up and finally figured out that Jon is a "master manipulator and a compulsive liar." Who knew? She found out during Monday's deposition that he did, indeed, sleep with Kate Major:

Hailey Glassman sounds off on ex Jon Gosselin: 'He's master manipulator and a compulsive liar'

This explains why she was so nonplussed at the reports about Kate Najor and Jon at Michael Lohan's house. Apparently the party line Hailey got was that Kate Major was going to pretend to be Jon's girlfriend so they can take the heat off of her, and she believed it.

FORT Newbie

Also did you see...she said they were not seeing each other but still stay together in NYC apartment....I knew that they were together all along,They are both (Jon & Hailey) big liars..If their mouth is moving they are lying

She's just finding out he's a liar? Duh! It is interesting that he gave her the line about pretending Kate Major was his gf so that he could save his arse.

Poor, Hailey. So naive.

I was watching TMZ live the other day, and Harvey was saying that some of his reporters were in NY covering celebs when they ran across Jon. Jon was all "hi guys, how ya'doin'", etc. Harvey said that it was clear that Jon was wanting them to film him, etc., so that he could still be in the news. Harvey was joking that Jon was not happy about the Tiger Woods stuff, since it took he and Kate right off the covers of all the magazines.

Poor, Jon. His 15 mintues is done gone...but he's trying to hold on so desperately. Kinda pathetic, really.

FORT Fogey

From popeater--

"Jon Gosselin was a no-show at Thursday's hearing in his legal fight with the TLC network. Gosselin's attorney, Mark Heller, had previously said the celebrity dad would attend Thursday's hearing in Maryland, but the hearing started without him. The network wants the judge to stop the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' dad from making media appearances that it says violate his exclusive contract.

TLC, which is owned by Silver Spring, Md.-based Discovery Communications, says the contract remains in force.

The judge says Gosselin's lawyers don't plan to call witnesses."

Gosselin says he has a right to earn a living as a media personality. He also claims in a countersuit that TLC violated Pennsylvania's child labor laws in filming his eight children. "

Kao

Methinks Jon fell on his own sword:

Judge halts Jon Gosselin's media appearances - CNN.com

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

FORT Fogey

Kao--hi. I think th article is short enough and interesting enough to post.

Here it is--

"(PEOPLE.com) -- Jon Gosselin's media tour comes to an end.

A judge in Maryland on Thursday ruled in favor of TLC, granting a preliminary injunction ordering the reality TV dad to stop making appearances, according to the Associated Press.

The cable network argued that Gosselin's paid and unpaid media appearances -- including hosting a party in Las Vegas -- violated his contract with the network.

A trial in the case has been set for April 19.

TLC issued a statement saying they were "pleased" with the ruling.

"The Court has validated our view that Mr. Gosselin has a valid, binding contract and that he has breached it repeatedly. Step one -- getting the court to order Mr. Gosselin to comply with his contractual obligations -- has been accomplished," TLC said. "Any further breaches going forward will be violations of a court order. We look forward to the next phase of the litigation, which is to pursue our claim for damages resulting from Mr. Gosselin's numerous breaches."

The star of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" was a no-show at the hearing, but his attorney Mark Heller has vehemently denied the reality dad has done anything wrong, calling TLC's suit as "baseless action."

TLC's Chief Operating Officer Edward Sabin testified Thursday that Gosselin's behavior was "embarrassing," TMZ reported. Noting Gosselin's appearance at a Las Vegas pool party, Sabin said, "Jon surrounded by scores of bikini-clad women is inconsistent with the image of our show."

Gosselin's attorneys did not present any evidence at the hearing."

If I understand the contract between Jon and TLC it is about time he is made to adhere to what he agreed to.

I'd be interested in the date at which the contract ends.

It's also of interest that Jon's "defense" did not present any evidence to show that he was NOT breaching his contract with TLC--but only did what they've been doing all along--saying things that they want to be true--"He's not doing anything wrong"--whether they're true or not.

Good thing the judge is not the public and is going by the four corners of the contract between Jon and TLC--and not by any publicity-type statements Jon's lawyers make which have nothing to do with the issues being litigated.

Kao

Well, that tape with Michael Lohan was pretty damning, and made it clear that he was trying to pull a fast one regarding his contract. What he did was try to screw TLC and his ex over because he was angry about being let go from the show (even though he was paid to the end of the contract, which was pretty generous of TLC if you ask me). Too bad that backfired royally.

Only An Opinion

All I know is if Kate makes more money, which will probably happen, she'll be paying Jon alimony.

+ Reply to Thread