+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Newbie

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

I saw that one also Wind Dancer...sounds to me he only wanted them to make money for himself...not for the family.. Hope everyone has a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Here's the link about Michael Lohan leaking the phone calls:

Michael Lohan Runs Out of Family Members to Alienate, Starts Leaking Jon Gosselin Tapes - E! Online

Michael Lohan Runs Out of Family Members to Alienate, Starts Leaking Jon Gosselin Tapes

Tue., Nov. 24, 2009 8:10 AM PST by Gina Serpe

With friends like these, who needs tabloid reporters?

Jon Gosselin is the latest victim to fall prey to Michael Lohan's seemingly ever-present recording devices, with Lindsay's father now leaking audio from a phone call earlier this year with the reality dud dad.

We'll give him this, Lohan certainly managed to get Gosselin talking during the nearly four-minute call, spouting off on his exclusivity contract with TLC, dishing on his relationships with Hailey Glassman and Kate Major, pronouncing he will not—repeat not—be "scare tactic'd," and...one more thing...what was it?

Oh, yeah. Pedophiles.

"I mean, I put my kids out there to every pedophile on the planet and they never got paid for it?" he said in the tape obtained by Radar Online. "It's disgusting."

It's disgusting all right...

Gosselin made the astoundingly misplaced declaration while floating his (untrue) pet theory that the cable channel was somehow compensated for stories about the show that appeared in People and Good Housekeeping.

Apparently, Gosselin was upset that TLC was (but really wasn't) profiting off his family and wanted a piece of that action for himself.

"It's like a shopping game now," he told Lohan, who, as always, edited his half of the conversation off the tape. "Because everyone knows I talked. So like, 'Oh my God, he's free game now cause TLC doesn't give a f--k.'

"They don't! They haven't said s--t! What the f--k? Why the f--k didn't I do this, like, months ago?"

The answer he was looking for was not the obvious—i.e., an exclusivity clause in his TLC contract, which came back to bite him in the you-know-where not long after this conversation. Nope, according to Jon, it was much more conspiratorial than that.

"Because they tried to scare tactic me. They tried to scare tactic me. Why the f--k should they get paid and not my kids?

"And I see now they know that I know. That they took money from People, they took money from Good Housekeeping. They struck side deals and none of that money went to my kids. To leak that to the public? Oh my god, Michael, can you imagine? They'd be so f--ked! Their stock would tank! That they stole from eight kids!"

While Gosselin's grand plans of whistle-blowing clearly got sidetracked somewhere along the way, his penchant for rambling incoherently about defending past relationships is alive and well.

"And the Kate Major thing—you know, I tried to do the In Touch things as much as possible and say...you know we're friends, it didn't work out, blah, blah, blah...and then she says, 'I look so bad.' You don't look bad. You look like...you know we hung out? Still don't get it? F--k."

The recording also makes it clear that Lohan and Gosselin were indeed pitching their own reality project—something both have denied in recent weeks.

"No, I read your email, we all make mistakes, we all do stupid s***, and we learn from each other and that's the whole point about Divorced Dads Club," he told Lohan.

And there was even audio proof that Jon Gosselin is not exactly the best judge of character.

"And you know I always give everyone a second chance, I mean, honestly, I don't really...I've known you a couple weeks, and I like you...you know, but I don't even know your past, Michael," he tells Lohan.

"Our relationship started a couple weeks ago. I don't care about the past. I could care less. It's the same with Hailey. She did all this s--t in college, but I didn't know her then. Our relationship started May 4. You know, it's like, it's irrelevant to me. So, you know, that's how I'm gonna go."

That's right, totally irrelevant. After all, why would it be helpful to inform yourself about someone's past? It's not like people repeat bad behavior or anything.

"His past, I'm like, 'I don't know about his past. I only know what you assholes write about him. It's the same s--t you write about me, so why should I believe you?'" Gosselin continued on.

"They never say the good things. Never, 'cause the good things don't sell. I've learned. I'm not stupid."
    I don't think Jon has learned. Who knew Kate would come out looking like the sane, decent one in all of this? I wonder if Jon realizes how fame hungry his attorney is. I've noticed when they're at the courthouse and a reporter asks Jon a question, even if it's not a big deal legally, he butts right in and gets the mic in his face. He doesn't do Jon any favors in the image department. But Jon's a womanizing, partying, irresponsible, low life who has his priorities backwards. If he was still a part of Jon/Kate Plus 8 or TLC came to him and asked him to do the show without Kate, he wouldn't have hesitated. The above where he says that they're making money off his kids by selling stuff to the magazines? If he got any of the so-called money, he wouldn't be complaining. I hope someone is monitoring the finances for those kids, because going through all of this and spending their entire lives in front of a camera with two parents embarrassing them and themselves, I hope they don't wind up 18 and broke (or worse).
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-25-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3757429;
    Okay--didn't really mean to but I saw a report on I think ET with Jon's saying something like--"I put my children on a reality show and exposed them to all the pervs in the world and they didn't even get paid forr it."

Apparently a LOT of people re taking exception to Jon's saying this.

Has anyone else seen/heard about this?

I'll try to find it so I can link it here.
    Yes, that's from the taped phone conversation he had with Michael Lohan that Radar released that I meantioned earlier. Why Lohan was taping their phone conversation in the first place (and cleverly altered it so that only Jon is heard) no one knows, but TLC has subpoenaed Lohan to appear in court about it. The direct quote was something like he "put his kids out there to every pedophile on the planet and they never got paid for it."

He also blatantly talks about being paid in cash for appearances to circumvent the TLC contract and all sorts of things. :/

EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Jon Gosselin Caught On Tape: 'I Put My Kids Out There To Every Pedophile And They Never Got Paid For It' | RadarOnline.com
    Last edited by Kao; 11-25-2009 at 07:44 PM.

FORT Fogey

Kao--thanks so much for the source info for this.

I did see a short report about Michael Lohan--who is apparently also in trouble for taping phone conversations with his wife in which she says things about Lindsey that could get the mom in trouble.

Gosh--doesn't Michael L sound like a really peachy keen guy? I wonder how much he gets paid for these tapes?

Sounds like the perfect "friend" for Jon.

ETA--

I wonder if TLC can use a tape in a lawsuit for Breach of Contract in which the person taped was unaware they were being taped? Do we know which state the taping was done in? Laws about the admissibility of this kind of evidence vary from state to state.

I don't know, considering that Jon was taped without his knowledge and Michael sold it to the media (excuse me, it got "leaked"). What is Michael thinking? Is he on some fake quest to save Jon from his partying, womanizing, fame hungry, publicity seeking, irresponsible ways? Actually Michael could say Jon set this up so Jon could come out looking like the poor victim who got audio recorded by big bad Michael and that they planned on leaking it so it'd give the media a reason to want to talk to him. Even without the tapes, I don't think Jon has a leg to stand on, anyway. Good luck with your countersuit buddy.

I never thought Kate would come out looking like the decent one in all of this. I still think her priorities are out of whack and she can't leave fame behind anymore than Jon. But Jon's putting it all out there and then wondering why everyone's ragging on him. TLC didn't make him look bad, he did it all to himself. I'm also glad Kate rejected his "peace offering".

FORT Fogey
    Karalott--Jon's own antics and lack of maturity aside--I personally think he is getting bad advice from his legal counsel.

The strategy seems to be "the best defense is a good offense" but that is really inappropriate in this situation and is making Jon look even worse.

If that is possible.

And weak*** "gestures" like bringing flowers to a serious LEGAL event in which important matters like the custody of eight children are under discussion really makes the client look like an idiot who has no understanding of what is really going on.

I can't find the link now, but I read Michael Lohan reportedly didn't give Radar Online permission to play the recording between him and Jon. I wonder if the threat of going to jail made him come and try and play the innocent victim duped by the media. He says he's considering suing.

Wind Dancer, there was a clip from Entertainment Tonight a few weeks back that showed Jon and his attorney attending some hearing that Kate was a no show at. When the reporter revealed it to them, Jon said he wasn't surprised and his attorney started saying something like "Kate's like the old woman who lives in a shoe..." And this guy is supposed to be a professional?

FORT Fogey

Karalott--I remember that because Jon and his lawyer made a big deal out of Kate's not being there--when it was an event that neither Jon nor Kate needed to be at.

It was this attempt by Jon's lawyer to LIE about legal matters that led to me take a much closer look at how badly Jon is being "represented" by this lawyer.

I no longer believe one word out of this guy's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3754963;
    I am glad this show is ending so I will never have to see Kate's face as she tries to play the martyred little wife.
    Ain't THAT the truth?

Sorry as I feel for the kids --- after all, they had no choice about whether or not they got caught up in their parents' mess --- I am BEYOND sick and tired of BOTH Jon AND Kate.

And what do you want to bet we'll still be hearing about the two of 'em for the next ten years?

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Thank you Tiger Woods and Gatecrasher couple for putting Jon out of his misery and hopefully ending his 15 that has stretched to 16.5.

+ Reply to Thread