+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3756212;
    Um...that thread was closed and this one started here when that happened.
    The mods said that a thread could be started here to talk about Jon and Kate, which was why this thread is here. I suspect they will be in the news in one way or another.

I heard that Kate has primary custody, and I'm not surprised. I didn't think Jon would want joint custody, he's too busy being a "bachelor".

The roses were a PR stunt, I think that much was obvious, which was why Kate didn't accept them. Jon's atty is a fameho as much as his client.

Thankfully the kids are out of the limelight, and I'm sure their parents will be soon enough.

FORT Fogey

ASassyKat--hi. Do you remember where you heard that about primary custody? I'd be interested in who got details of the arb session.

Thanks for any further info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3756317;
    ASassyKat--hi. Do you remember where you heard that about primary custody? I'd be interested in who got details of the arb session.

Thanks for any further info.
    I think it was on TMZ yesterday, or it could have been a news article. They were just talking about custody and it said that Kate was primary custodian and that Jon was okay with that. Maybe check TMZ's site for articles posted yesterday.

FORT Fogey

ASassyKat--thanks so much for the info. I will check that out.

Kao

TMZ and Radar both have the information on their sites. Kate got primary custody of the children right away. Apparently Job didn't even attempt to fight for partial custody of them. They're still "ironing things out" as far as assets are concerned. So I guess in Jon's world assets are a more important thing to fight for than the custody of the children. Those poor kids....*sigh*

In other lawsuit-related news, Michael Lohan taped an v. incriminating phone conversation with Jon regarding his sneaking around on his TLC contract and other crazy stuff. He also stated that he first started fooling around with Hailey in May (when he was still married to Kate; they separated in June) and how the other Kate said he "made her look bad." Even more damnng, he talks about how TLC got paid for some sort of side deal and how he, in his words "put my kids out there to every pedophile on the planet and they never got paid for it."

Everything about this man is absolutely foul, and apparently everything is someone else's fault. Blech.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I divorced, I remember my attorney encouraging me to go for primary custody of our 1 child. It was his experience that shared custody would allow soon-to-be ex-hubby a way to try to control/jerk me around. It was the best advice that I could have followed. It also kept our child out of the middle of things, which definitely would have happened. Of course, soon-to-be ex wasn't really interested in custody, as that would interfere with his selfish lifestyle. The good part was that our son couldn't be used as a pawn. Of course, I allowed very liberal/reasonable visitation and access, but I maintained control. I think that Kate's arrangement is the smartest thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm hardly surprised that Jon didn't want primary custody, he's enjoying bachelorhood way too much to let a pesky thing like his kids get in the way.

Considering how he used them as leverage to axe Kate Plus 8 I also think it's a good thing that Kate retains primary custody, this way the children cannot be used again as pawns.

Interesting tidbit about Jon and Hailey hooking up earlier than noted, although he first came onto my radar screen when US magazine had a picture of him and a 20 something year old teacher out clubbing.

So, he's been with the teacher, Hailey, Kate 2.0, and the "Nanny" and he claimed that it was TLC who ruined his reputation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3757193;
    When I divorced, I remember my attorney encouraging me to go for primary custody of our 1 child. It was his experience that shared custody would allow soon-to-be ex-hubby a way to try to control/jerk me around. It was the best advice that I could have followed. It also kept our child out of the middle of things, which definitely would have happened. Of course, soon-to-be ex wasn't really interested in custody, as that would interfere with his selfish lifestyle. The good part was that our son couldn't be used as a pawn. Of course, I allowed very liberal/reasonable visitation and access, but I maintained control. I think that Kate's arrangement is the smartest thing.
    Proshay--thanks so much for sharing your experiences here. What you've said puts everything into a much more understandable context.

I am sure there are people who will be claiming how "selfish" Kate is or how she's just "trying to punish Jon."

But your explanation makes a tremendous amount of sense out of a very difficult and complex situation.

Thanks for sharing what must have been a very painful situation with us.

Kao

Proshay-- that's totally true. Thanks for mentioning that angle. I just wish for the children's sake he would had at least pretended to care and tried to file for partial custody, you know?

If the last show is any indication, the two eldest are beginning to see Jon for what he really is. It's sad, but you make the bed you sleep in, you know?

So, he's been with the teacher, Hailey, Kate 2.0, and the "Nanny" and he claimed that it was TLC who ruined his reputation.
    And the skank in Vegas. Normally I'm "live and let live" but some discretion is nice. All his dating activities seem designed to rub it in Kate's face as much as possible, and that's just not on. It also doesn't help that Hailey greatly resembles a college-aged Kate. That's just creepy.
    Last edited by Kao; 11-25-2009 at 05:42 PM.

FORT Fogey

Okay--didn't really mean to but I saw a report on I think ET with Jon's saying something like--"I put my children on a reality show and exposed them to all the pervs in the world and they didn't even get paid forr it."

Apparently a LOT of people re taking exception to Jon's saying this.

Has anyone else seen/heard about this?

I'll try to find it so I can link it here.

+ Reply to Thread