+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

FORT Fogey

Re: About Jon and Kate Plus Or Minus Eight

KeepIt Real--thanks so much for that info.

From your link--

"Jon Gosselin has filed a $5 million law suit against TLC, claiming that the network has damaged his reputation and career by discouraging other media outlets from working with him, People.com reports.

In addition, the former "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star claims the network is in breach-of-contract for shows that already aired for which he has not been paid.

"[The network's] behavior has caused Jon great anguish and it has caused him financial losses," Gosselin's attorney Mark Heller tells People.com.

The countersuit is a reaction to TLC's breach of contract dispute with Gosselin. The network claims that he violated the terms of his contract by making promotional appearances (some paid, others unpaid) without prior approval from TLC."

Iv've been expecting a countersuit--but this one has even more of the usual b.s. than most countersuits.

Note that it does not claim that Jon fulfilled his part of the contract with TLC.

And that the major claim is for "pain and suffering."

In other words--they ain't got nothin' but they're gonna try to sue anyway.

Unfortunately for Jon he would have to prove in monetary terms that his career was damaged--and by how much he was damaged ion dollar amounts. Since the show was his ONLY source of income--this won't be easy.

Also--"damaged WHAT reputation"?

And why should TLC have worried about other people hiring him? Jon's contract was to work EXCLUSIVELY for TLC.

What a bunch of legal junk this lawsuit is.

I don't think it will even get past the judge who certifies lawsuits as viable.

(Though some judges might see it as a matter of facts--which would be up to the fact finders---the jury.)

FORT Newbie

You are so right Wind Dancer and (Hello).All this drama and for what ...so he can stay in the spot light...doesn't matter if it's bad or good.He must keep a cigarette in his hand all the time...wonder how he keeps from smoking around the children (not getting on those that can't put them down now..I smoked for 23yrs and have been quit for 10 yrs now). He probably submits them to that just as he does them to the paps.Is it me or does he seem to be getting worse looking? He looks so much older than Kate.she looks better since he left. I do wish he would put some energy in with the children instead of how can i get my next camera fix.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I swear, it's like an entertaining soap opera. Jon made himself out to be an irresponsible, womanizing, partying, fame/money hungry douche, not TLC. How soon he forgets that people sympathized with him while he was on the show and felt sorry he had to be married to Kate.

About Jon being "too famous" for a real job-didn't he say after the split first happened it wasn't beneath him to go back to whatever it was he did before the show and he had no problem resuming his normal life? I guess that's before the reality sunk in that there'd be no cameras around, no media reports, and no money for interviews where he says he's only doing it for the kids and to defend himself. I can see why he and Michael Lohan are friends. I hope Jon realizes that there's only so much room in this world for a D-lister. I also hope he realizes what he's doing now, he's little stints on The Insider, are probably as good as he'll get.

About his lawsuit-if he was fired from the show, would he still get paid for those episodes? His counter suit is total bs and nothing more than a publicity stunt so he can have something to run around to the media with and claim he's a victim. Some other network may pick him up and give him another Jon/Kate type show. I'm not sure what else he's referring to about other people not hiring him. Surely he can't mean he had something bigger and more C-list in the works.

Jon, Haley and any of his other women brought this on themselves. It's not anyone's fault but his own that America now just wishes he'd go far, far away from any cameras and media and shut up about his personal life. I'm glad he's thinking of his poor kids.

Jon put a halt to the filming of Kate Plus 8, thus ending his paycheck. He was to be paid his full paycheck even though he wouldn't be on the show as much.

So he and he alone is responsible for the lack of income. He also is the one responsible for the damage to his image and reputation, certainly not TLC. He is still under contract with them and this lawsuit is certainly without merit.

Jon Gosselin Goes Back in Time from Jon Gosselin - Video

Don't know if this has been posted or not. Saw it on one of those entertainment news shows. I guess its a real video with Jon. Who only knows why he did this....
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3752214;
    Jon Gosselin Goes Back in Time from Jon Gosselin - Video

Don't know if this has been posted or not. Saw it on one of those entertainment news shows. I guess its a real video with Jon. Who only knows why he did this....
    The only two reasons he does anything now days. Money and face time. the guy is a total LOSER.
    I can see why Kate kept saying "I am SO glad the Glassman family came into my life". THanks to them she got rid of the gut and the mutt!

FORT Newbie

THanks to them she got rid of the gut and the mutt! Toooooo funny

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I have to admit - Jon's Match.com ad was very funny. But I'm pretty sure those were the final 26 seconds of his 15 minutes.

But Kate has a consistent history of cutting off family, not the other way around. There was a link to a blog in the last thread written by a neighborhood local by their old house. He pointed out that Kate's dad, a pastor, had organized lots of help for them through his church but that Kate did things like rejected the donated cribs because they didn't match. My understanding is that Kate is estranged from that part of her family now, too.
    i have always wondered about this, i do not watch the show but my mom does and she thought it was always strange that her parents and his parents were never shown (now maybe they were but not on the episodes she watched) and i remember her saying to me she thought maybe it was because jon wasn't white that her family had nothing to do with them, i said to her, i didn't think that was the case and that it was she who cut them off

or i thought maybe the families cut them off because they didn't agree with the decision to have 8 kids and had a "its your problem now" mentality

but to her that her father's church had made donations and that she rejected them? that woman deserves everything she gets!

I am glad this show is ending so I will never have to see Kate's face as she tries to play the martyred little wife.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread