+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steve McNair found dead

Steve McNair found dead

Looks like a homicide. He and an unnamed women were both shot in the head. Very tragic.

Kao

Re: Steve McNair found dead

It got upgraded to a murder-suicide. Apparently someone wasn't getting a divorce fast enough. Awful stuff.

This is one (of many reasons) who you shouldn't cheat on your spouse; the "other party" might have some stability issues and one day shoot you dead.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I don't know if they're done with their investigation. I think it's tragic all the way around!

They're pretty much done now, famita. Ballistics & gun powder residue confirm that she fired the gun.

What I wonder is if she wasn't seeing too much into their "relationship"? I've seen many young women get confused by their feelings and things their married (or unmarried) b/friends do & say and the women read it the wrong way.

Another reason why you should never get involved with a married man!

How awful for his wife & four children to have to deal with his being murdered by his girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3543681;
    It got upgraded to a murder-suicide. Apparently someone wasn't getting a divorce fast enough. Awful stuff.

This is one (of many reasons) who you shouldn't cheat on your spouse; the "other party" might have some stability issues and one day shoot you dead.
    ...or the wife may have some stability issues. It's a tragedy, but it just brings to light how little thought people put into affairs. I almost saw one of these things go tragically wrong once. A neighbor (whom I was sort of friendly with but not very close with) was married to her husband for something like 27 years at the time. Normal woman, devoted mom, supportive of hubby and his career aspirations. put her life on hold to build her family. He began dating a woman almost half his age and wanted a divorce from his wife, who was a stay at home mom with 6!!! pre-teen children (all of which he begged her for, she wanted a small family). She lost it. She began stalking the woman and her husband at the other woman's house (who still lived with her parents and had this married man sleeping there at night), threatened to harm herself and the kids, looked terrible when we would see her in the street. The husband reported her to children's services (I thought he was a nice guy and great family man but he turned out to be quite the jerk). They put her in the hospital and put her on medication. She is back with her kids now, while hubby has moved on. I hope she took him for every dime she could. We would casually try to offer support, but how do you do that when you're not close and the woman tried to be discreet? She opened up from time to time when she was most desperate and needed to vent. I would hear her pleading at the top of her lungs for this guy to stay with his family, and he would laugh in her face! It was gut wrenching. Very emotionally abusive man. I have had a special hatred for men who do that to their families and a hatred for their mistresses ever since. Still, they do not deserve to die. what will always boggle my mind is why the other woman thinks life would be so different if she were his wife. What a truly useless reason to die and to not be able to see your kids grow up.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 07-11-2009 at 03:11 PM.

FORT Fanatic

My ex-husband flew to the services last night. One of my daughters went as she is engaged to an athlete, and through some charitable work they all knew each other. Both said they went to pay tribute to the Steve they use to know.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I think the situation is about to get even uglier as it appears he left no will.

Battle Brewing Over McNair Estate | TMZ.com

+ Reply to Thread