+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3528105;
    Well the man who was on the phone said that the Dr was there and was doing the CPR. What a goon if he was really doing it improperly as a medical professional.
    Bug,

They just replayed it. I hadn't heard the last part before.
    Definitely makes me wonder about the DR.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

VH1 classic is replaying all of his videos. I had forgotten how long some of them were!! It is funny to see Wesley Snipes in the Bad video!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I remember when I was young, thinking that Thriller was the best Album & Music Video of all time. Little did I know that I may have been right. It still holds up after all these years.
    That's the way I like to remember Michael.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have to admit I had the poster of Michael in the yellow vest along side the poster of Prince from Purple Rain!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3527394;
    I think the ex-wife can get custody. She signed off parental rights with the exception that if MJ died before her that she would get custody.

Also, I think it'll be interesting to hear the autopsy results. Not to be morbid, but young people don't just die from cardiac arrest (not the same thing as a heart attack) without unusual circumstances.

It was a sad day for Hollywood, but I'm not bawling my eyes out. I too was more touched by Farrah's death. She and Ryan O'Neal were so happy, but never got to be married because Farrah was too sick to say the word "yes".

There are two different mothers so it may be more complicated.

I hiope for the children's sakes that they will be well cared for and much loved.

FORT Fogey

Just now a doctor on NBC News just said he was also anorexic and this plus the drug addiction and his general frailty recently would account for cardiac failure.

FORT Fogey

Also just heard on ABC News that his will supposedly gives custody to the nanny who has been taking care of the children.

But that by law in California the surviving parent has the "first crack" at custody.

This is obviously going to be a complicated situation and resolution.

I think ABC is going to air another special on Michael tonight--different from the one they aired last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3527810;
    I have been listing to MJ music on imeem all day. He had so many great songs!! Listening to "The Way You Make Me Feel" now. Most of his music just makes me want to get up and dance!!

ETA: I just happened across this article on CNN:
    Battles over Jackson's kids, assets may loom - CNN.com
    It wasn't the article I found interesting. It was the photo in the corner that showed MJ with his two oldest children. I thought he was supposed to be the genetic father of his kids? I realize a very wide range of genetic possibilities exist, but I was very surprised how...Caucasian...his kids looked. MJ may have had very pale skin over the last several years, but that is certainly not what he would have passed genetically to his children...
    I haven't paid much attention to the weird news surrounding him over the last many years, so maybe this came out at some point and I just missed it...
    I was watching Keith Olbermann tonight and it was mentioned that MJ is not the biological father to his children. He had used donor sperm to impregnate the mothers of his children. The older two are from one woman (Debbie Rowe), the third child is from another. (MJ selected the person who would become the donor dad)

Kao

But...but...what's going to happen to Blanket? If Debbie Rowe tears those kids apart after they've lost their father she deserves to be beaten in the middle of Main Street.

I'd rather the nanny get them because

a) His parents contributed to his crazy, Latoya IS crazy, Janet is constantly coming and going and his brothers are money-hungry. If the children end up with a Jackson I hope like hell it's Reba because she's by far the most stable.

b) She was with them from the time they were born, and loves them dearly.

I don't think the kids have anything to worry about financially since he set up trust funds for them that weren't effected by whatever money woes he had going on. And since sales of his albums and memorbilia have been shooting through the roof since yesterday and there's unreleased MJ material out there his debts should be okay as well.

FORT Fogey

The New York Times online has many articles about Michael and about his death--including this one on the status of the investigation into his death.
    Here's an excerpt from the 2 page article--

"The Los Angeles County Coroner’s office said Friday that determining the cause of Michael Jackson’s death would await toxicology tests, a process that could take four to six weeks, as Los Angeles police said they wanted to talk to the singer’s personal doctor about his medical care and use of prescription drugs.

An autopsy Friday found no evidence of trauma or foul play in Mr. Jackson’s sudden death Thursday. But Craig Harvey, the spokesman for the chief coroner, said that his office knew that Mr. Jackson was taking medications, which was why the toxicology reports were ordered. He refused to comment on what the prescriptions might have been, however.

Earlier in the day, the Police Department had said that it was looking to interview the personal physician of Mr. Jackson, who, according to 911 tapes released by the Los Angeles Fire Department, was with the stricken superstar at his home in Holmby Hills, Calif., on Thursday afternoon. On Thursday night, the police impounded the doctor’s car to search for medications or other evidence. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/27/us...n.html?_r=1&hp

This page also provides access to the many other articles about Michael and his death.

+ Reply to Thread