+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

He's been on all the major and minor stations since it's happened. The radio stations out here are still playing their tributes to him, too. Amazing the impact that this man had on people worldwide. If you were lucky enough to see him perform in person, like I was, you understand what an incredible performer and artist he was. Right up there with Elvis and the Beatles......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow. Per CNN, Amazon is totally sold out of Michael Jackson solo songs, along with the Jackson 5 songbook. Barnes and Noble is almost out. And ITunes is racking up record sales.

OMG When I was at DisneyWORLD about 20 years ago, Michael and McKauley Culkin were in the cars behind us on Space Mountain. We had just sat down to wait for the rest of our fam, we thought they were in the next car behind us. When the next car came there were to HUGE black guys and a blond kid with another man. I jokingly told my mom "that guy looks like Michael Jackson" so my mom jokingly yelled "Hi Michael" and he turned and waved to us! They scooted him out a back door and it didnt sink in what had happened till on the way out we ran into a guard that said it really was him and McKauley!! WE were THIS close LOL The rest of the day we were keeping our eyes peeled for him!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

We're going to see Aretha Franklin tonight.
    I am curious to know if she will do any kind of tribute to him.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 06-26-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3527895;
    Wow. Per CNN, Amazon is totally sold out of Michael Jackson solo songs, along with the Jackson 5 songbook. Barnes and Noble is almost out. And ITunes is racking up record sales.
    Wow, out of curiosity I popped out to the iTunes store and looked at the top 100 songs. 39 of them are Michael Jackson and another 4 are Jackson 5 tracks! I guess a lot of people are rediscovering their love of his music! It is just a shame it has to be under such unfortunate circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3527952;
    Wow, out of curiosity I popped out to the iTunes store and looked at the top 100 songs. 39 of them are Michael Jackson and another 4 are Jackson 5 tracks! I guess a lot of people are rediscovering their love of his music! It is just a shame it has to be under such unfortunate circumstances.
    I am giving away my age but for those of us that were around when Elvis died the same exact thing happened...except you couldnt buy off the computer...lol...but the record stores..yes we had record stores then couldnt get the copies in fast enough to keep up with sales
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I just listened to the 911 tape and I cannot believe that the 911 dispatch had to tell them to put him on the floor. Any novice CPR giver knows that you don't perform it on a soft surface. The doctor was supposedly doing CPR the entire time until the EMTs came. WTH?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3528064;
    I just listened to the 911 tape and I cannot believe that the 911 dispatch had to tell them to put him on the floor. Any novice CPR giver knows that you don't perform it on a soft surface. The doctor was supposedly doing CPR the entire time until the EMTs came. WTH?
    Bug, I listened to that and wondered the same thing.
    I think the DR. was not on the scene when the 911 call was made. It was probably made by 1 of Michael's entourage - bodyguard or such.

Well the man who was on the phone said that the Dr was there and was doing the CPR. What a goon if he was really doing it improperly as a medical professional.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It is standard practice for emergency medical dispatchers to give CPR instructions when they receive a call. It's easy to freak out...doctor or no....when somebody collapses; it never hurts for somebody to give you a "check-off list" for proper procedure. All medical professionals are created equal and I could see somebody being really distracted with a patient like Michael Jackson.

Like with Anna Nicole Smith, I'm sure she was very dead when the medical crew arrived, but they "worked her" anyway. As unfair as it may seem, some people will be "worked" because of who they are and the circumstances they are found in. I get it.

I feel so sorry for Michael. He sure didn't ever have much normalcy in his life. I can't imagine living like he did.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread