+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 226263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

While it is beyond debate that Michael was an addict there is just no way that this doctor should not be charged in his death. Regardless if he was the only doctor treating Jackson or not, he gave this man a combination of drugs that any doctor should have known you just don't mix. CNN stated that at least one of the drugs administered should never be mixed with anesthesia. On top of this the doctor himself gave a timeline of medicines he administered and admits that almost 90 minutes had gone by before 911 was called. He stated that he was trying to ween Michael off of drugs. You do this by prescribing a litany of dangerous drugs and then give him the very drug you say you're trying to ween him from anyway? This doesn't possibly make medical sense. It doesn't even make common sense.

I'm not of the school of thought that someone must pay for this death. Michael was a hard core addict and needed rehab. However, I question a doctor that believes it was so important to get this man to sleep that he pumped him with drug after drug after drug. So he couldn't sleep. Not the end of the world. Eventually he would have crashed and slept. It makes you wonder if any other motives were at play here. Did they need him to sleep so that he would be able to perform later that day and rehearse? The concert promoters were paying this doctor. Were they paying him to truly treat Michael or was he being paid simply to keep him able to perform. There is a big difference between the two.

Regarding the reality show. I have no problems with it if the show was in the works before Michael died. Thing is, I wonder if the show would have had the certainty of a "go ahead" from the network had Michael not died. It is certainly a more profitable idea for the network now that he is gone.

You know, everyone seems so surprised about the drs administering all the drugs. I remember when Elvis died and I was surprised then, but not so much now. People find out who to go to by their reputation. I think any dr who freely gave out the drugs ought to have their licenses removed permanently.

FORT Fogey

Regarding the reality show. I have no problems with it if the show was in the works before Michael died. Thing is, I wonder if the show would have had the certainty of a "go ahead" from the network had Michael not died. It is certainly a more profitable idea for the network now that he is gone.
    They had already shot the one-hour pilot before MJ's death, and since the original premise of the show was supposed to culminate in a reunion performance of the brothers including MJ, I suspect A&E would have done the series. MJ's concerts would have received wide publicity, and the show may have benefitted from that. As it is now, watching the brothers "grapple" with the loss of MJ just seems creepy and voyeuristic. But I'm sure there will be an audience for it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No doubt about it. Plus there are a lot of people who still need to make a living...family or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

In all the recently released info about the morning that Michael died perhaps two items stand out most--for me anyway in terms of the investigation and any charges that might be filed.

First--that Dr Murry gave Michael propofol after he had already given him a number of OTHER drugs and then he did NOT tell the EMTs about the propofol that Michael had on board. (He administered the propofol in the morning--apparently not long before Michael stopped being responsive.

Two--Dr Murry's phone records indicate he was on the phone for 47 minutes BEFORE he called 9-1-1 and that he called three different numbers.
    All of that while he was--according to info he originally gave to the investigators--"trying to resuscitate Michael."

One of the calls was very long--about 30-some minutes--and so far the cops have not said who Murry was talking to.
    My own suspicion is that Murry had NO idea what to do to get Michael's vital signs to come back to normal and he was calling around asking for that info.

What a sad and sorry mess.

FORT Fanatic

It was posted somewhere that one of the calls he made was to Houston, and a young lady that worked for him, as she went to the storage facility to remove some items. The records show she went before noon. I think TMZ had a story and picture of the young lady, as well as manager at the storage facility. I know out Houston Chronicle had a brief story.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Chitex--hi. Thanks so much for that info! I'll look for that story.

FORT Fogey

Ready or not, here they come.

TV network confirms Jacksons reality series - MSN TV News

The A&E network said Tuesday its previously announced documentary about members of the Jackson family will be expanded into a reality series.

A&E's official word came only after "Entertainment Tonight" declared the Jackson series was a go.

But beyond acknowledging its plans for a series, A&E furnished no details. No premiere date or number of episodes has been specified.

The original special, which the cable channel announced last May, focuses on brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson as they prepare to reunite for a concert tour.

Initial filming wrapped in June before the death of Michael Jackson, but he didn't participate in the production, said network spokesman Dan Silberman.

The 50-year-old King of Pop died June 25, weeks before he was scheduled to begin a string of comeback shows in London.

Entertainment Tonight aired footage from the special on its Tuesday edition.

Billed as "exclusive new video," the three-minute clip showed family matriarch Katherine Jackson as well as her sons Jermaine, Jackie and Tito, at home, relaxing and chatting. Correspondent Kevin Frazier told viewers the project included "the entire Jackson clan," adding, "sources tell us that Michael also participated in the filming."

Entertainment Tonight did not say how it got the video, but promised to air more on Wednesday's edition.

"The footage was leaked without A&E's knowledge or consent," said network spokesman Dan Silberman.

Re: Michael Jackson

This is one of the reasons I have quit watching A&E. I think this channel is going along the same lines at TLC.
    There's no place like home!

Re: Michael Jackson

I guess it's very little of the A (Arts) anymore. But, it's sure a lot of the E (Entertainment). TLC has not been about learning in a long time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread