+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Sometimes we don't always see immediate results.
    However, often times they do leave an imprint.
    That is what hope is all about.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Everyone---

Thanks for all the additional info. I had out of town company yesterday and didn't even get a chance to visit my usual sources online or on various tv entertainment news shows.

I respectfully disagree that Dr Murry is being investigated for show and that if this were a private citizen's overdose death it wouldn't be inviestigated.
    The investigations DO occur--bu they are not reported as news in most areas.

FORT Fogey

Even though this was in the works before MJ's death, somehow a reality show seems inevitable.

In other ongoing Jackson news, a new Jackson family reality show is reportedly slated to run on the A&E cable network sometime in the next month. Before Michael Jackson's death, his brothers Jackie, Marlon, and Tito apparently shot a one-hour pilot for a reality series, which was supposed to culminate in a ratings-garnering reunion performance featuring their famous sibling. However, even though Michael obviously died before such a finale could be filmed, the idea for the show lives on. According to a story in the Hollywood Reporter, A&E is in fact moving ahead with the Jacksons' program, altering the original concept from being lightheartedly focused on a possible Jackson 5 reunion to instead chronicling the surviving Jackson brothers' post-MJ lives as they "grapple with Michael's death."

Many fans will probably find this show to be in bad taste and exploitative... but it's likely that even more fans will tune in.
    August 17-23: Michael Jackson & Police Action - That's Really Week

FORT Fogey

I heard the very end of a story on one of the entertainent shows something about Katherine getting ready to sue becaue she feels that Michael's estate is being mishandled.

Did anyone else hear anything about that at all?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

A reality show? Are you kidding me? I didn't like the money-grubbing family when MJ was alive, but now that he's gone, it's even further out of control than I could have ever imagined. At first I was thinking, well, if his kids are getting the profits, etc....but now it's just sickening. Everyone keeps saying to let the man be - referring to the negative things about him. Why can't they just let the man be.....period?

FORT Fogey

JD--hi.
    Apparently he helped a lot of them when he was alive--and I guess they think he won't mind helping them now that he's dead.

Kiz

Not a surprising development:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A law enforcement official tells The Associated Press that the Los Angeles County coroner has ruled Michael Jackson's death a homicide.

The finding makes it more likely criminal charges will be filed against the doctor who was with the pop star when he died.

The official says the coroner determined a fatal combination of drugs was given to Jackson hours before he died in his rented Los Angeles mansion on June 25. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the findings have not been publicly released.

Forensic tests found the powerful anesthetic propofol in Jackson's system along with two sedatives, the official says.

Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician, is the target of a manslaughter probe headed by Los Angeles police.

AP Source: Coroner rules Jackson's death homicide
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Coroner says Michael Jackson died from lethal dose of propofol - Yahoo! News

Pop star Michael Jackson's death was caused by lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol, according to findings by the Los Angeles chief medical examiner unsealed in court documents in Houston on Monday.

Jackson suffered cardiac arrest and died on June 25 at age 50. Since then, police have probed his death in an investigation that appears focused on the use of prescription drugs and the role of doctors who treated him, including his personal doctor, Conrad Murray.

"The Los Angeles Chief Medical Examiner-Coroner, Dr. Sathyavagiswaran, indicated that he had reviewed the preliminary toxicology results and his preliminary assessment of Jackson's cause of death was due to lethal levels of propofol (diprivan)," according to a search warrant affidavit for Murray issued by California.

The document was released by the Harris County District Clerk in Houston, where Murray has offices, which U.S. Agents raided on July 22, looking for evidence of manslaughter.
    More details from TMZ (includes link to warrant affadavit):

Dr. Conrad Murray told cops he had been treating Jackson for 6 weeks for insomnia -- giving him 50 milligrams of Propofol every night through an IV.

Murray told cops he feared Jackson was getting addicted so he reduced the dosage to 25 mg.

The morning Jackson died, Dr. Murray gave Jackson valium at 1:30 AM. Murray said the valium didn't work so he gave the singer an IV injection of lorazepam -- an anti-anxiety drug. Murray told cops Jackson was still awake, so he then gave him midazolam -- a sedative.

Murray gave Jackson more drugs. He says at 10:40 AM, he administered 25 mg of Propofol. Dr. Murray told cops Jackson repeatedly demanded the drug.

As we first reported, cops found 8 bottles of Propofol in Jackson's house after he died, but they do not know where it was purchased.

Cops also found Valium, Tamsulosin, Lorazepam, Temazepam, Clonazepam, Trazodone and Tizanidine, along with the Propofol.

The various drugs were prescribed by Dr. Murray, Dr. Arnold Klein and Dr. Allan Metzger.

Dr. Murray reportedly told cops 10 minutes after administering Propofol ... he "left Jackson's side to go to the restroom and relieve himself. Murray stated he was out of the room for about 2 minutes maximum. Upon his return, Murray noticed that Jackson was no longer breathing."

Dr. Murray says he began CPR and at some point ran downstairs and asked the chef to send up Prince Jackson, the eldest son, then Murray continued performing CPR.

Dr. Murray says he noticed that Jackson wasn't breathing at around 11 AM. He was then on the cell phone for 47 minutes with 3 separate calls, from 11:18 to 12:05. The 911 call came in at 12:21 PM .... a much longer delay than originally reported.

Dr. Murray told cops other docs had administered Propofol to Jackson, including Las Vegas Dr. David Adams. Dr. Murray said he was at a cosmetologist's office where Dr. Adams gave Jackson Propofol.

Interestingly, according to the warrant, Dr. Murray refused to sign the death certificate at the UCLA Medical Center.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 08-24-2009 at 06:13 PM.

It's about time they released the results.
    I certainly don't think we can exonerate MJ of everything, but these doctors -esp. Dr. Murray - are highly culpable and should be charged. A doctor takes the hippocratic oath and swears to uphold it. They should not then say, "well, my patient asked me for it." How many of our kids have asked us for stuff and we haven't given it to them, as we knew if wasn't safe, etc. Doctors - whether their patients are celebrities or not - should not be treated any differently.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There is not just one doctor involved, but only one will be charged.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread