+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Famita--I'll say amen to that.

FORT Fogey

The Associated Press
    Friday, August 7, 2009; 2:47 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Hours before Michael Jackson's death, his doctor administered multiple sedatives along with a powerful anesthetic the pop star used to sleep, according to a law enforcement official. It's a safe combination if done properly; potentially lethal if not.

The official said the type of sedatives Dr. Conrad Murray gave Jackson were benzodiazepines, often used to calm patients before surgery. Murray told investigators the doses were within normal medical guidelines, said the official, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Even at acceptable levels, benzodiazepines can intensify how the anesthetic propofol depresses breathing, so strict monitoring and careful dosing is required. The balance can be tricky, a slip-up disastrous.

Murray, who administered the drugs to Jackson in a room at the pop star's rented mansion, told investigators Jackson stopped breathing the morning of June 25 and he was unable to revive him. The doctor is the central figure in what police term a manslaughter investigation, but authorities have not classified him a suspect.

In a written statement Thursday, Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, dismissed as "ridiculous" the official's assertion that Murray gave Jackson multiple drugs.

"We are not going to be responding to any accusations from any unnamed sources," Chernoff said. "

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Looks like Mark Lester, who played Oliver in a movie musical in the late 60's, is now saying that he is the father to Paris Jackson.

British child star Mark Lester says he's the father of Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris.

"I gave Michael my sperm so that he could have kids - and I believe Paris is my daughter," said Lester, who played Oliver Twist in the 1967 flick "Oliver."

The 51-year-old told Britain's News of the World he gave Jackson his semen 13 years ago and is godfather to all three of Jackson's children.

He believes Paris, 11, is his daughter because of an "uncanny likeness" between the girl and his own daughter, Harriet, 15. He wants to take a paternity test.

Lester said he donated his sperm at a London clinic while Jackson was married to Debbie Rowe.

"She's the birth mother of the children so I naturally assumed the sperm donation would obviously have gone into Debbie and Debbie would have borne the children," he said in a video posted on the paper's Web site.

He said he's coming forward now because he has "concerns about the welfare and upbringing of the children."

"I dearly want to remain in contact with those kids and I feel now this is the only way I can ensure that," he said.

Jackson and Lester were friends for more than 25 years and he reportedly spent the day with the Jackson kids after their father's memorial service last month.

"The kids seemed to be coping quite well and they are surrounded by their family right now," he said at the time. "They are very polite and quite quiet kids, and despite all the publicity surrounding them and their family, they are trying to keep things as normal as possible at home

Read more: Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris, is my child, actor Mark Lester says
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Noreality--thanks so much for posting this.

I remember Lester's being interviewed shortly after Michael's death and though I don't remember any specifics of the interview--there was so much going on at the time--I do remember that there were intimations that Lester had a much closer relationship with the children than just godfather.
    I do remembet that he mentioned the possiblity of having the children live with him and I wondered about that at the time.

it will be interesting to see what the results of a DNA test would be.

I wonder how this would play out legally--what kind of legal procedure would be required for him to get his DNA compared to any one of the children's.
    I wonder if Debbie Rowe's consent would be enough since she is the birth mother? Or if Katherine Jackon's consent would be needed since she is the guardian.

I also wonder--if Jackson refuses--what kind of specific legal procedures would Lester need to go through--and which kind of court/judge would be required to give consent.

Wind, You're welcome. There seems to be new information on a daily basis.
    I just hope the investigation, etc. is done soon.
    I'm not exonerating MJ, but I still think that Dr. has a lot of explaining to do. None of what he did seems to add up.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Noreality--I don't think the investigation is going to be over any time soon. It is too complex and there are too many possible perps involved.

Just think of that long list of doctors who prescribed drugs for Michael.
    They all have to be investigated.

I don't think they'll come up with convictions in Michael's death until they finish the investigations into all the doctors who prescribed for him.
    (just think about how long it took for the indictments to come down to the people who supplied Anna Nicole Smith with drugs--two years after her death)

And I completely agree with you that what Dr Murray did in the time surrounding Michel's death does not add up.

FORT Fanatic

Well MJ has finally been buried! So we start the "who's the daddy" all over again. Looks like anyone who donated sperm thinks they are the daddy. Now everyone is so concerned about the kids (money, money, money).

The saddest part is these kids have to hear all of this talk.

Now there are two women claiming to be Blankets' mom.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Tomorrow, OJ will come out saying he's the real father of all those children.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3652202;
    Wind, You're welcome. There seems to be new information on a daily basis.
    I just hope the investigation, etc. is done soon.
    I'm not exonerating MJ, but I still think that Dr. has a lot of explaining to do. None of what he did seems to add up.
    On the news today--a statement from law enforcement that they know what killed Michael--but they won't release any of that info until they have completed their investigations of the illegal prescriptions and drug use.

And that could take some time.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I understand why MJ's fans, and the general public as well, would like to know the tox reports. I guess it's a sort of a closure thing, However, I'm not sure that everything in the file should be made public. As far as manner of death is concerned - his fans will most likely want closure on that. As far as any drugs or whatnot that may have been in his system - how is that any of the public's business?

It surprises me how the talk about the "alleged" crimes that took place while he was alive has been swept under the rug for the sake of his dignity - and now the focus has shifted to finding out what may or may not have been in his bloodstream.

Isn't it the duty of law enforcement to follow up on leads and decide whether a crime has been committed? Isn't it further the duty of those same people to keep these things confidential?

+ Reply to Thread