+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

While true it was Michael's choice to abuse drugs, this does not mean that his suppliers should not be sent to jail. Just like any dealer in the street does not force an abuser to buy crack and abuse it until they kill themselves...they still peddle something that is illegal and causes harm and are sent to prison for it. While some of the drugs may be legal for a doctor to obtain it is not legal for them to dispense it like a common street pusher. They have a responsibility to their client and their profession to first do no harm. There is no way that anyone had Michael's best interests at heart. They all saw it as a payday and if they didn't get it for Michael they knew that someone else would. They opted for the payday, and now may pay with their freedom or at least their medical liscenses.

I'm not going to absolve MJ of all guilt.
    However, I am anxious to see what happens with the investigation they are currently performing. Something has seemed off about this Dr. from the beginning. Why was he doing CPR on a bed? Why did he wait so long before having someone call 911? Why did he not even have a defibrillator (sp.?) in the house? Seems to me that if someone is paying you $150K per month, you should be doing a lot more to substantiate such an income.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

also heard on Geraldo (?) Dr. Murray had been James Brown's doctor at one time, and MJ has always said JB was his mentor.MJ even spoke at his funeral. James had a history of drug abuse.

Second thought, questions keep coming up do the kids know Debbie Rowe, and who she is to them. Seems to me if they didn't know before, surely they have seen t.v. or newspaper, or internet? I know when they were younger they always said they didn't have a mother.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If the person is already dead, it doesn't make much difference when 911 is called. I'm left with the impression that Michael had died while the doc was not in his presence, and that the doc did what he had to do to make some kind of medical impression....lousy though it may have been....thinking that no one else would have a clue about what should be done/what he was doing, anyway. So many people make assumptions about what goes on from what they've seen on television, and the super-majority of that is dramatic effect because the actual goings on can be boring, by comparison.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

questions keep coming up do the kids know Debbie Rowe, and who she is to them. Seems to me if they didn't know before, surely they have seen t.v. or newspaper, or internet? I know when they were younger they always said they didn't have a mother.
    I read in one of the announcements about the custody settlement that the kids had been told that Debbie is their biological mother.

I don't think the DR. would have been trying CPR if MJ was already dead.
    It seems fairly obvious that he was still alive at the time and could, perhaps, have been saved. Seems that the DR. was trying to cover his own as* a lot more than he was trying to save Michael's.
    I don't think the goings on of death are ever boring. Comparing them to a TV show only makes a mockery of death. It is anything but.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-04-2009 at 05:26 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

IMO Michael was dead when they finally called 9-1-1.

I think he probably died shortly after the doctor first saw him in the morning and everything that ws done afterwards-including calling the security guards BEFORE calling 9-1-1 indicates that Murray was trying to cover his a**

My opinion only--but I've thought about the timeline a lot and that makes the most sense for why they would wait almsot an hour before calling 9-1-1 after Michael was discovered in distress.

And I think the doctor had security called so that he could have a witness that he was doing "everything" he could to revive Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3637033;
    I don't think the DR. would have been trying CPR if MJ was already dead.
    It seems fairly obvious that he was still alive at the time and could, perhaps, have been saved. Seems that the DR. was trying to cover his own as* a lot more than he was trying to save Michael's.
    I don't think the goings on of death are ever boring. Comparing them to a TV show only makes a mockery of death. It is anything but.
    If death weren't a frequent plot/scene on television, I might agree with you. If anything, I think that it is the TV show that makes a mockery of death. It is not infrequently that CPR is done on people who are obviously, dead....for different reasons.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

If I remember correctly when Jermaine announced Michaels' death he said something to the effect of he was brought to the hospital at such a time, the doctors worked on him until such a time, and he was pronounced dead at such a time. What were they working on? A story?

I also thought MJ was dead at home.

I really need a life, as MJ's story really fascinates me. Well, I teach, so back to work in a few weeks, and real life!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

All I can say is that different things happen for different reasons. I would say that once CPR is begun that it is usually continued until the doc says "That's it.", but even that is not always true. If he had been a bum off the street, I'm pretty sure things would have gone very differently, unfortunately. Is that fair? No. Is that real? Yes.

+ Reply to Thread