+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3527319;
    He had a lot of talent, he did change the music industry, he contributed some songs that are classics, but he became such a bizarre figure and what's sad is that is what people will remember.
    Actually, I think people who were fans of his earlier music will remember him for that contribution more than his erratic behavior!!

On the other hand, it's sad that younger people will not. My husband turned on CNN this morning and my 9 year old said "They're STILL talking about Michael Jackson!?" I could only tell him that he was too young to understand what a huge deal MJ was.

FORT Fanatic

I think the ex-wife can get custody. She signed off parental rights with the exception that if MJ died before her that she would get custody.

Also, I think it'll be interesting to hear the autopsy results. Not to be morbid, but young people don't just die from cardiac arrest (not the same thing as a heart attack) without unusual circumstances.

It was a sad day for Hollywood, but I'm not bawling my eyes out. I too was more touched by Farrah's death. She and Ryan O'Neal were so happy, but never got to be married because Farrah was too sick to say the word "yes".

looks like MTV is running a day long special on him today...showing a lot of his old videos and personal appearances..they just showed the video of 'we are the world'...boy that brought back some memories....and my 12 yr old said..wow he looked different..I couldn't even name half the people in that video for her now...lol

RIP Michael you will be missed

I sort of feel bad for Farrah's family at this point...Michael's death has totally over shawdowed hers and its like people have already forgotten she also passed yesterday
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3527412;
    looks like MTV is running a day long special on him today...showing a lot of his old videos and personal appearances..they just showed the video of 'we are the world'...boy that brought back some memories....and my 12 yr old said..wow he looked different..I couldn't even name half the people in that video for her now...lol

RIP Michael you will be missed

I sort of feel bad for Farrah's family at this point...Michael's death has totally over shawdowed hers and its like people have already forgotten she also passed yesterday

It's the same special that's been running since last night. Lots of videos intermixed with tributes from both his peers in the industry and fans.

I don't think anyone has forgotten Farrah's passing. She touched many lives as well. Their fans are remembering them in their own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3527412;

I thought that too, but then I started thinking that it may not be a bad thing for Farrah's friends and family. Takes some of the attention off of them and they may be able to have a bit more privacy now than they would have. It's hard enough to grieve for a lost loved one but to have to do it in the public eye with cameras and microphones being stuck in your face must make it even harder.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I keep thinking that he's going to pop up and say "Gotcha!" in his eccentric way as though this is another one his odd ways of getting the attention of the public for his tour. I know it's real, he's really gone but a small part of me is still in denial. I think most of the world is in shock. I imagine this must of been how my mom felt when Elvis suddenly died. I know she mourned for quite a while.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3527500;
    I keep thinking that he's going to pop up and say "Gotcha!" in his eccentric way as though this is another one his odd ways of getting the attention of the public for his tour. I know it's real, he's really gone but a small part of me is still in denial. I think most of the world is in shock. I imagine this must of been how my mom felt when Elvis suddenly died. I know she mourned for quite a while.
    I think we wish that...and OMG the first 4 pages of tmz are about nothing but him...now they are saying his in home doctor has vanished and it was a shot of demoral that he was given at 11:30 that probably caused it...i hope this is not true
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

The sad truth is that most rich people have doctors at their beckon call with little or no documentation. Most of the time they just do as the client wishes instead of truly practicing medicine. I really hope it isn't true but LAPD did take the doctor's car yesterday as evidence.
    Yup, with donuts!!

According to People.com, his family tried to stage an intervention with him because he was addicted to prescription meds. My ex was addicted to prescription meds and unfortunately they are easily for normal people to get, much less celebrities. If its true, hopefully people will start recognizing this as a real problem. I did a speech on this in school and found that more people die from prescription abuse every year than from most illegal drugs combined. Maybe Jackson's tragic early death, combined with the early deaths of people like Anna Nicole and Heath Ledger, will have the impact that's needed for change.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3527394;
    I think the ex-wife can get custody. She signed off parental rights with the exception that if MJ died before her that she would get custody.

I don't know, judges might not look kindly on a woman who basically sold her children.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

+ Reply to Thread