+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

I only saw bits and pieces of the interview, but it appeared to me that someone (probably his lawyers) had told him to only answer certain questions and to avoid others altogether. He was so quiet and subdued - definitely not the Joe Jackson we have seen all these years.

FORT Fogey

Here's more info on the mess that's brewing for contesting MJ's will.

Jackson Family War Over Michael's Will | TMZ.com

Jackson family sources tell us there's a bitter dispute over who will call the shots in probating Michael Jackson's will.

Katherine Jackson has hired an attorney -- Londell McMillan -- and we're told it's a done deal that McMillan will challenge the co-executors Michael selected. We're told most of the brothers -- Randy the notable exception -- are angry that McMillan has asserted himself by challenging co-executors John Branca and John McClain, both long time advisers and friends of M.J.

Ultimately, we're told, Joe Jackson has asserted his influence over Katherine to hire McMillan. We're told Katherine is really being manipulated and doesn't even have real objections to Branca and McMillan.

Randy is coy on who Joe and McMillan want as executor in place of or in addition to Branca and McClain -- the family is worried Joe and McMillan will rack up legal fees and the estate will suffer. Pretty ironic, since Michael cut Joe out of the will and he gets zippo as a beneficiary.

It's all shaping up to be an ugly mess.

FORT Fogey

MizDaisy--hi. Thanks so much for that info.

I was able to see portions of rthe Larry King interview with Joe Jackson because it was played on several entertainment news shows last night.

It's obvios to me that Joe is having serious problems with memory. He answers the same questions in different ways at different times. And he can't seem to remembe answers he's given previously.

The most damaging--he's claiming that he and Katherine are still living together.
    I don't think he realizes that this could cause her to lose custody of the children.

I wonder why the Jacksons let him out to do these interviews? He's obviously a very loose cannon who is doing much more harm than good.

Oh--he also says he ahs no idea where Michael's body is. This is aparently a big problem for the Jackons--where Michael is going to be interrred. Joe claims that "someone took it away" after the memorial ceremony.

FORT Fogey

I wonder why the Jacksons let him out to do these interviews? He's obviously a very loose cannon who is doing much more harm than good.
    I don't think the Jackson family has any control over Joe. He's obviously doing whatever he wants, being interviewed by various media. And if the TMZ story is credible, Joe is the one doing the influencing, of Katherine, to hire the lawyers to challenge the will. It's odd that he's making these bizarre statements and no one from the family is coming out to correct him, which essentially makes Joe the defacto family spokesperson. Scary!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In some families, you do not override/disrespect/speak against the eldest family member.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Joe has had such a chokehold over that family for decades that even at this stage in the game they can't seem to take a stand against him. Michael's death is just another opportunity for the public to get a glimpse into the way he imposes his will over everyone and everything around him.

Don't get me wrong here, I wish death on noone, however I would have been quite interested to see that family function had Joe been the first to go. The world will never know what that family truly endured. Just seeing the interviews after Mike's death, where he spoke of the boys getting physically ill with fear when he entered a room, that sort of psychological abuse is devastating. The saddest story I heard was one from a reporter who said she was invited to interview the boys and noticed Michael in a corner reading an almanac. She asked him how he was enjoying it and he said it was his favorite book and that he liked reading all of the facts. She asked him what other books he liked to read and he said something like "Oh, this is my only book. They really don't like me to read. They say it takes away from my rehearsal time". The fact that not only Joe but most probably others wouldn't let this kid read a book because he was their little million dollar moneymaker is beyond cruel to me. As "different" as Michael was, you have to wonder how many people in this world would not have snapped under a lifetime of pressure like that.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 07-22-2009 at 01:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

KeepItReal--I agree with you that we really don't know all that Michael or the other boys suffered at the hands of their always-greedy father.

And we don't know what such an abnormal life would have done to any one of us.

______________________________ ______________________________ __________
    Last night on the news--the cops in Houston served a search warrant on Dr Conrad Murray's office and took away 20+ boxes of records. It seems they are looking ro evidence regarding whether Murray did indeed supply Michael with such drugs as Propolol--the drug that is an anesthetic and that is thought to have killed him.

Additionally--according to one commentator Murray could lose his license if he knowingly created prescriptions for Michael under false names as this is a federal crime.

This was a lead story on Access Hollywood and ET.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, now there's a "secret son"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kiz

The speculation is over...

Michael Jackson's personal doctor is the target of a manslaughter investigation into the singer's death.

A search warrant filed in a Houston court Thursday allowed authorities to seek evidence of whether Dr. Conrad Murray committed manslaughter.

The doctor's lawyer previously indicated authorities were seeking a manslaughter probe, but the warrant marks an official confirmation of the investigation.
    Manslaughter probe targets Jackson doctor - Michael Jackson- msnbc.com
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3604738;
    So, now there's a "secret son"?
    What secret son? I haven't heard anything about a secret son.
    Please tell.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread