+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

MizDaisy--hi. I am not trying to be argumentative but I have heard something different--that the LAPD has NOT classified their investigation as a "homicide investigation" or in any other specific way.
    Wind Dancer, TMZ has been reporting that the LAPD is conducting a homicide investigation, as shown here:

Jackson Doc Says Bye to Cali | TMZ.com

Our sources say the evidence continues to mount ...as LAPD detectives continue what has become an exhaustive investigation. But, we're told the evidence has become clear -- the anesthesia Propofol was the primary cause of Jackson's death, and Dr. Murray is the man detectives believe administered it.

As we reported, the LAPD is treating Jackson's death as a homicide.
    Homicide means the killing of one human being by another, which could be murder (malice of forethought) or manslaughter (without malice). As described in the LA Times article, involvuntary manslaughter is a possible charge, but by no means a certainty at this point:

If the toxicology report indicates that Jackson's death was caused by propofol, the powerful anesthetic found in his home, prosecutors could bring charges against doctors or others involved in giving him the drug. Prosecutors have discussed a range of possible charges in that scenario "all the way up to involuntary manslaughter," the senior law enforcement official said.

But the sources agreed that the probe may end without criminal charges directly related to the death. Even if the coroner declares the case a homicide, authorities may not pursue charges, said one source familiar with the investigation.

"There are plenty of homicides where . . . no one is accused of murder or manslaughter," that official said...

FORT Fogey

Hi Prhoshay and MizDaisy--from your two above posts it seems that we are getting conflicting reports from a variety of sources.

We're all doing our best to sort things out. I guess we'll just have to wait for the official word on this.

My thanks to both of you for your replies.

FORT Fogey

The latest on Debbie Rowe--

"Michael Jackson's ex-wife Deborah Rowe has sued a woman who claimed in a television interview that Rowe didn't want custody of the pop star's children but was interested in getting money from the Jackson family.Rowe filed a defamation and invasion-of-privacy lawsuit Thursday against Rebecca White of Florida.

The suit seeks unspecified damages, but specifically targets any money that White may have been paid by TV show "Extra" for an interview that aired earlier this week.

The stories were based on White's description of e-mails she said she exchanged with Rowe after Jackson's death on June 25. Rowe, 50, denies she sent any recent e-mails to White."

Michael Jackson News - Yahoo! Music

Kiz

I read that article about Rowe suing Rebecca White on a different site, and they titled it, "White Lies". (I'm a sucker for a play on words)
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Ok am I the only one watching crazy Joe Jackson on Larry King?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I don't have cable so I can't see Larry King--can you tell us what Joe said?

thanks for any info.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I went to the Kid Rock show on Friday night, and he and some of his back-up singers did a very tasteful tribute. I was wondering how all of it would be handled, but quite impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3593967;
    I don't have cable so I can't see Larry King--can you tell us what Joe said?

thanks for any info.
    Mr Jackson and a friend says they believe Michael was a victim of homicide. Joe Jackson denied ever "beating Michael. He says he was kept away from Michael by those who didn't want him near Michael asking questions about his business Pursuit.

The other gentlemen says he had Michael's' permission to handle his affairs as early as March of this year. It was really kind of an uncomfortable interview to watch.

I am not a fan of Joe Jackson. I just felt CNN was taking advantage of his grief and confusion over his son's death. I really do think Mr Jackson is suffering some senility. The man may be a little touched in the head but he really seems to be on the brink of some sort of breakdown. I kind of felt a little sorrow for him tonight.

I have to say I think he maybe right about AEG attempting to cheat Michael.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

MsDiva--hi.
    Thanks for that info.

I completely agree with you about Joe. He has seemed confused--sometimes very badly--when asked specific questions about various aspects of the will or custody etc.

He sounded very confused on his hour-long interview on ABC last week. I too almost started to feel bad for him.

What I heard last night--that Katherine Jackson is challenging the two men who have been named by Michael's will as executors of the will.
    People are asking why she would do this since she already is given 40% of Michael's estate by the will. The only answers anyone came up with so far are--that she wants more control over the estate or that she is being manipulated by some people around her for money's sake.

Also--the custoy hearing has been postponed again--this time until August.

There were a few more things but I was more than half-asleep by the time the entertainment news came on and I missed some of it. There was something about AEG's putting out a documentary of the 100+ hours of rehearsal footage they have of Jackson for his new concert.

Also something about Michael's dermatologist's (Debbie Rowe's emploer) possibly being the father of the two older children--apparently there's more "proof" than previously. Possibly something about his filing for custody? Don't take my word on that.

And something else that as I was going to seleep and heard it I said to myself--"I have to remember that"--and it promptly slid away.

There were a lot of these tidbits that were all reported in one or two sentences.

+ Reply to Thread