+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3581731;
    I disagree. Some have honor, values, boundaries that they refuse to cross, etc.
    Not everybody's "asking price" is money. Different people, different currency...but money is a huge motivator to the majority of people.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3582991;
    Not everybody's "asking price" is money. Different people, different currency...but money is a huge motivator to the majority of people.
    Prhoshay--hi.
    Some doctors in their interviews with various news media have talked about the "concierge doctors"--the ones who are on retainer to individuals--usually entertainers but also used by very rich people.

The concierge doctors get paid by the month--as much as $150,000 per MONTH--as Michael's doctor was--to be on 24-hour call--in other words to be there whenever the patient/client needs them.

The doctors interviewed talked about how the line between doctor/patient-client gets blurred under those circumstances and the lure of being closely associated witrh someone famous who depends on you can override training and ethics.

The money's not bad either.

One doctor spoke of some rich people--he would not be more specific--who took "their" anesthesiologist with them on long flights so they could be anesthetized during the flight.

I can't tell you how close to being unethical this is--to anesthetize a patient who is not undergoing surgery oir a procedure is really frowned upon.

But--at $150,000 per month and the prestige of being the "personal physician" of someone famous--well--you can se what happens.

The doctors interviewed were intimating without saying it that this is what was going on with Michael's doctor--the one who was with him when he died.

FORT Fogey

The doctors interviewed were intimating without saying it that this is what was going on with Michael's doctor--the one who was with him when he died
    It's been reported that the LAPD is treating MJ's death as a homicide, and Conrad Murray, the doctor who was with him when he died, is at the center of it. From all reports about him, Murray was obviously MJ's "concierge" doc.

But in the case of doctors performing a physical for insurance underwriters, there is no "concierge" factor. As described in this article, MJ was required to undergo an extensive physical:

While AEG hasn't said how much it paid for Jackson's insurance, experts say that Jackson's history likely meant the company had to pay fairly high premiums.

Jackson "was basically blacklisted from doing concerts" without the benefit of a high-cost insurance, a Jackson associate told ABCNews.com.

For non-appearance insurance, in particular, underwriters require performers to undergo physicals. Jackson's physical lasted five hours and included "a battery of tests," Phillips told ABC News.
    Jackson's Concerts Highlight Risky Business - ABC News

According to the interview with the "friend" posted upthread, MJ's poor health would have made him a broke-down candidate for the AARP, but he still passed a rigorous physical exam. I'm not saying MJ was in perfect health, but I don't believe he was in the dire condition described by the "friend."

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3584796;
    It's been reported that the LAPD is treating MJ's death as a homicide, and Conrad Murray, the doctor who was with him when he died, is at the center of it. From all reports about him, Murray was obviously MJ's "concierge" doc.
    If that's true its the LAPD guarding their asses from outraged fans and various crazies (some even named Jackson, but at least one probably named "Sharpton") going on TV claiming they aren't doing their job.

It's bull. It might be NEGLIGENCE, maybe even of the criminally actionable type, but that's not precisely the same thing.

For pity's sake, Michael himself had been "predicting" his own death for quite some time, and his leaky circle harping about his health. Letting that happen to him was a combination of a self-fulfilling prophecy, years of abuse to his body, and yes, a crappy doctor (or more accurately, a crappy series of doctors). Then again, Michael just would have found another pusher... er... I mean Doctor... if this one had bailed.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I think it's also likely the LAPD labled it a homicide investigation because they believe there's enough evidence pointing to Dr. Murray that they think they can successfully pursue criminal charges against him. Not only has Dr. Murray stopped talking to them, Murray's lawyer is referring investigators to his lawyer!

Our sources say the cops called the lawyer back and they were referred to the lawyer's lawyer who said Dr. Murray's lawyer would not be speaking to them!
    Jackson Doc Declines to Chat with Cops | TMZ.com

Yes, Michael is at fault for enabling Murray to perform questionable procedures on him, but if Murray had any professional ethics, he would have refused and now shares responsibility for what happened to his patient.

I have a new career (or should have). The minute that I heard the breaking news (at the time) about the circumstances of MJ's "coma" (then death), I knew there was something hinky about Conrad Murray.

CPR on a bed? He disappears (leaving his car behind) before the first responders arrived on the scene? I wonder what he took with him when he left. And then the later news about the anesthesia drug.

I haven't heard anything about the identity of the person who made the 911 call (nor other persons present at the time), nor any info about what they said afterwards (to investigators). Hope they're in protective custody.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

VelvetRed, I'm with you.
    I've never known of a DR. trying to perform CPR on a bed.
    And his disappearing in the midst of everything was just unnecessary.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Not defending anyone, but reports here, Dr. Murray's car was towed while he was at the hospital with (MJ.) Car was registered here in Houston to his sister, as well as he has a practice here, which he sent notices to his patients in May, stating he was leaving the practice, as he had a chance of a lifetime opportunity.

I've never heard of CPR on a bed, I did see a picture of the 911 security guard caller on one of the programs. They did give his name.

Also, see where custody hearing is postponed again to August 3rd?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I have always had both good and bad feeling about Joe Jackson. I understand how he worked hard to get his children to the fame they eventually gained. I always though felt he was doing it for himself more than his kids.
    I watched the movie " The Jackson's: An American Dream" and he just seemed to me to be jealous over the bond between Michael and Berry Gordon. I came to the conclusion the only good thing he did was making it possible for me to have so many memories of the music of the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson.

The Joe Jackson of today seems like a lonely old man with a really bad memory of his past misdeeds
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

It's been reported that the LAPD is treating MJ's death as a homicide,,,,

[."
    MizDaisy--hi. I am not trying to be argumentative but I have heard something different--that the LAPD has NOT classified their investigation as a "homicide investigation" or in any other specific way.

I watch ET, Access Hollywood and Extra as well as all the morning network news show. So--even though I can't remember which one(s) I heard that on--it would have been one of those.

Do you by any chance remember where you heard your info?

Thanks for feedback--and again--this is not a challenge--I'm just interested in the different stories that seem to be out there.

Thanks in advance for info.

+ Reply to Thread